Australia - 3 dead after eating wild mushrooms, Leongatha, Victoria, Aug 2023 #6 *Arrest*

Not sure how to quote from a previous thread.

Mirage1 said “I'm pretty sure you don't just scrape off deadly mushrooms off the meat and its fine to eat. There would be deadly residue still on the meat. Pretty sure she is lying about that part also.”

Spot on. Amatoxin is water soluble and would contaminate other elements of a dish containing death cap mushrooms. If the death caps were kn the beef wellington then scraping them off would still leave a very dangerous meal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure how to quote from a previous thread.
<rsbm>

No discussion, but for everyone's benefit:

<rsbm>

No discussion, but for everyone's benefit:

Thank you.

IMO there'll be more corpses in EP's past, not yet found. Maybe her sister became ill, then Erin wouldn't have had to share the inheritance. Maybe her mum's death happened quicker than anticipated.... Erin had her sights set on that property before her mum's death..... And how did she get all the money for her other properties?

According to a recently published news report, regarding the earlier occasions on which Erin allegedly attempted to murder Simon :

“Three alleged attempts occurred between November 16 and 17, 2021, May 25 and 27, 2022, and September 9 last year.”

This new article lays out the exact charges. Magistrate Walsh agreed to release the list of charges.

The formal part of the justice process started in the Latrobe Valley Magistrates’ Court today, Friday, November 3 where Ms Patterson was facing the following charges:

To the accused Erin Trudy Patterson of Leongatha
  1. The accused at Heidelberg on 04/08/2023 did murder Heather Wilkinson
  2. The accused at Heidelberg on 04/08/2023 did murder Gail Patterson
  3. The accused at Heidelberg on 05/08/2023 did murder Donald Patterson
  4. The accused at Leongatha on 29/07/2023 did attempt to commit an indictable offence namely the murder of Ian Wilkinson
  5. The accused at Leongatha on 29/07/2023 did attempt to commit an indictable offence namely the murder of Simon Patterson
  6. The accused in the State of Victoria between 16/11/2021 and 17/11/2021 did attempt to commit an indictable offence namely the murder of Simon Patterson.
  7. The accused in the State of Victoria between 25/05/2022 and 27/05/2022 did attempt to commit an indictable offence namely the murder of Simon Patterson.
  8. The accused in the State of Victoria on 26/09/2022 did attempt to commit an indictable offence namely the murder of Simon Patterson.

This Age article says that EP and SP were living apart for several years, before they formally separated in 2021. And that they had an acrimonious relationship.

Now we know that it was in late 2021 the alleged attempted murders of SP started.

Given that Erin and Simon were separated by the time of the alleged attempts to murder him, I suspect the dates simply represent the limited opportunities that Erin had to allegedly adulterate Simon’s food. Sheer opportunism with a good dose of premeditation IMO.

Last edited:
ADMIN NOTE:

IMPORTANT

Effective with Erin Patterson's arrest, sub judice is in effect and will be until a trial has concluded. For anyone not familiar with the judicial principle of sub judice, please review the following.

WS is based in the USA but we do try to manage the various discussions to comply with laws of other countries.

As this trial is in Australia, the case is under sub judice so please avoid anything that violates the following principles:

Basically anything that may prejudice the accused’s right to a fair trial
Any suggestion, opinion, or direct accusation that the accused is either guilty OR innocent
(i.e. the accused cannot be called "the killer"; use "the accused", "the alleged killer", or "the defendant")
A defendant’s previous history of any offences is off limits
Scandalizing the court (disparaging judges, lawyers, any officer of the Court) is off limits
Broadcasting anything about proceedings which happen in the jury's absence is off limits
Any non compliance with an Order of the court is off limits

Note in the event of an Appeal subsequent to verdict:
Appeals are usually heard by senior judges who are not likely to be influenced by the media, therefore responsible comment is usually considered acceptable once a trial has concluded, regardless of if there is going to be an appeal.

Posts that are determined to constitute a violation of sub judice will be removed. To avoid this, please review the following from the Victoria Law Reform Commission and post accordingly:
10. Sub judice contempt: restricting the publication of prejudicial information

I have to say that it does feel surreal to me the way the case has progressed over the past day. From relative silence to an arrest and charges is pretty significant, and I think the police did a great job in keeping things under wraps until they were ready to share important updates in the investigation. Obviously, still a lot to happen, but I did feel a bit shocked at the speed things happened yesterday. Nothing exists in a vacuum, I’m aware, but it really goes to show the professionalism of the detectives. No doubt there’ll be further updates before the next hearing in May. I look forward to discussing this case more with you all in the coming period.

I have to say that it does feel surreal to me the way the case has progressed over the past day. From relative silence to an arrest and charges is pretty significant, and I think the police did a great job in keeping things under wraps until they were ready to share important updates in the investigation. Obviously, still a lot to happen, but I did feel a bit shocked at the speed things happened yesterday. Nothing exists in a vacuum, I’m aware, but it really goes to show the professionalism of the detectives. No doubt there’ll be further updates before the next hearing in May. I look forward to discussing this case more with you all in the coming period.
Enough crumbs were released early on to flush things out I think. EP will have been closely surveilled over this time, particular how she responds to those crumbs, which most likely would have unearthed more evidence for detectives. It’s a process. Trust the process.

I wonder if these earlier dates of alleged poisoning of SP have any significance like birthdays or something?? MOO
I think they were living separately at the time, but he said his illnesses coincided with the times he was around her and was served by her.

If so, I think it was random opportunities that she had to serve him drinks or meals. They may have been events with their children, like birthdays, graduations or holidays? JMO

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back