GUILTY Australia - Andrew, 45, Rose, 44, & Chantelle Rowe, 16, slain, Kapunda, 8 Nov 2010 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldnt work out how to save the Adelaide Now photos. Couldnt right click on them.

You are correct it is a reflection. If you go to google earth, line up with where the car would be and turn 180 you will see it is the reflection of the chimney on the house opposite.

Good one, I didn't think of using Google Earth, as the images are often quite dated. Good to clear that one up sniffer.

I couldnt work out how to save the Adelaide Now photos. Couldnt right click on them.

Go to File on the tool bar and click on 'save as' and then save in a folder/file in your documents or whatever. Then when you go to attach to websleuths you will browse and retrieve the item from the file you saved it in. I initially had trouble too as you cannot save directly from the image. Hope this helps.

Yes they are witches hats, and the marker closer to the gate is the one I mentioned (V marker). However if the blood trail began at the gate they would have started with the letter A. You would not search down the street for blood, mark those found and then come back to check closer to the house.

The V marker may be near the end of another trail coming from within the house (starting at A) to the gateway.

I would like to know what the witches hats indicate. Do you think they are marking something different?

I would like to know what the witches hats indicate. Do you think they are marking something different?

Probably to mark different types/sources of blood. The cones may be to mark footprints (maybe from stepping in the victims blood from the floor) and the letters may be to mark blood drops (from the accused if he was injured). They would be two differing sets of evidence. You would not mark all the blood with one set of markers if they were from different sources. The markers may be useful in photo evidence later on, and need to differentiate each type of evidence they represent.

Probably to mark different types/sources of blood. The cones may be to mark footprints (maybe from stepping in the victims blood from the floor) and the letters may be to mark blood drops (from the accused if he was injured). They would be two differing sets of evidence. You would not mark all the blood with one set of markers if they were from different sources. The markers may be useful in photo evidence later on, and need to differentiate each type of evidence they represent.

The white letters indicate what needs to be photographed (usually blood, body, highly visible things), the cones indicate evidence that may not show in photographs therefore need to be properly examined on the actual scene, in this case footprints on a gravel path.

Source - i myself am a professional photographer and i am good friends with a few crime scene photographers, none of this case unfortunately

Merry Christmas to all members and RIP to Andrew, Rose and Chantelle.

A review of early news reports revealed that police were looking for a knife and bloodied clothing; ultralight examination of the gravel path identified six bloodied foot prints (red witches hats) and a trail of blood drops (white markers). It was reported that Police did not know if the killer walked home or got into a car, but it is interesting that the blood drops just stop.

if it was dripping blood from a wound, then you think the markers would slowly get further apart.

You are correct that a sudden stop in evidence (blood drops/foot prints) infers a car. So if he got dropped off, who picked him up?

Not necessarily, depends on size/depth of the cut that determines how long it bleeds for and the distance.

I say he either got picked up (and no witness saw a car)

or

He walked home.

I do not think he left in his car at all. He would have got a blood drop in it somewhere.

The more i think about it i think he walked home. We have heard nothing about him being picked up. We heard about him being dropped off. If he got picked up im sure something would have come out by now about that.

I reckon the cuts didnt all of a sudden stop bleeding. Cuts that leave a decent size trail for several meters dont all of a sudden stop bleeding in that short space of time, lets say 30 seconds to walk from door to where the trail ends. I knwo when i have a blood nose for example it takes several minutes to stop it. I reckon he probably covered the cut that was bleeding and managed to stop it dripping and leaving a trail.

Having said that, if he hung around the scene afterwards wouldn't he have had some time to clean him self up and get the cuts on him self undercontrol to stop the bleeding before he left the house?
Maybe that wasn't his primary concern though. Maybe he was doing other things like adjusting the crime scene, changng his clothes, looking at CR's mobile messages or FB stuff or something and was too preoccupied to do anything to his wounds?

Just some thoughts on maybe why the blood drops stop some distance along the gravel. As we have heard the accused may have had some sort of bag with him, perhaps the accused could have bled from his wounds, dripped onto the gravel, then:
a) adjusted a backpack putting his arm in an upward position (forearm up close to the body, compressing or slowing the bleed from a wound on the forearm).
b) changed hands if carrying a bag and then the blood dripped onto the bag from a wound instead of the ground.
c) the blood drips on the gravel were from the bottom of a bag placed in blood on the house floor.
I'm sure people have some other ideas too. :dunno:

Just heard an interesting conversation about the victims and the accused. The world really is a small place. The more I hear, IMO I believe that the police have the right person in custody. We will probably never know the full story, only part of it at best. Let's hope that February brings everyone a little step closer to some answers.

Just heard an interesting conversation about the victims and the accused. The world really is a small place. The more I hear, IMO I believe that the police have the right person in custody. We will probably never know the full story, only part of it at best. Let's hope that February brings everyone a little step closer to some answers.

Kelpie, can you share some info?

Kelpie, can you share some info?

Not really. Just food for thought. I don't wish to repeat some of what I heard as it could bring unnecessary attention to the people concerned (not the victims or the accused). I heard that the front door was open when the victims were found. Also heard the name and location of the accused's workplace and details about a police visit there. At best, there are some facts in what I heard. At worst, it's someone's gossip.

Not really. Just food for thought. I don't wish to repeat some of what I heard as it could bring unnecessary attention to the people concerned (not the victims or the accused). I heard that the front door was open when the victims were found. Also heard the name and location of the accused's workplace and details about a police visit there. At best, there are some facts in what I heard. At worst, it's someone's gossip.

Yeah fair enough. There does seem to be a lot of gossip out there.Thanks for continuing to share though.

I have also wondered about the workplace. Whether the accused had good friends there or if he was a loner? I wonder if the workmates saw any suspicious behavior leading up to the event.

SB who posted earlier had said that there was no suspicious behavior at all even after the event. Her SIL worked with the accused. that points to me to some kind of mental illness.

i'm still finding it hard to believe he hung around for an hour or so after the murders.

Knowing how close these house are to each other and it being reported that a neighbour heard yelling, I can't believe you would stick around....on the hope no one heard and was calling the police.

I think it would be more likely he murdered C while parents were asleep then was in her room (since that is where she was apparently found) for a period of time before the other murders were commited. He then came out to leave and was confronted by R in kitchen which is when neighbour heard woman yelling help, which then alerts A. I believe he then left immediately.

He obviously did not hang around to clean himself up as if that was the case there would not be the evidence outside. If he was cleaning himself up he was not in a insane state of mind as he was trying to get away with the crime, anyone in this frame of mind would not then leave a trail of blood and bloody footprints outside.

Also I am finding it hard to come to terms with him murdering 3 people on his own. I understand we have come to the conclusion that it was 1 on 1 in each instance, but still, his size and build matched with AR's does not seem like a fair fight. I know everyone makes the claims about rage causing unbelievable strength, but the will to survive also give a person this strength and even more so. If AR was alerted by the screams of RR, he would have come out looking to protect the lives of his loved ones, he would have had no idea if CR had been harmed and her safety would be at the forefront of his mind. Couple this with ones own will to survive, even half asleep the instant adrenaline would have made him a formidible opponent.

JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member