GUILTY Australia - Andrew, 45, Rose, 44, & Chantelle Rowe, 16, slain, Kapunda, 8 Nov 2010 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow, ive been without a computer for 2 weeks and missed so much, have spent the last 2 days reading posts.

My main question is where has it been reported that he was definately dropped off and with a bag? When did the person who dropped him off come forward?? Surely he would have the day the bodies were found.

My understanding, from people in the town, is that a lad came forward after the arrest and stated he dropped him off, with a bag. This is just hearsay at the moment. It may not be true, I don't know.
I too have wondered why he would'nt have come forward earlier but I can only imagine that the accused gave some sort of satisfactory explanation to him as to his movements that evening.
What I have'nt seen anywhere are the accuseds movements on the evening in question.
If a friend did drop him off then where were they prior to that?
At a friends home, at his home? It would be interesting to know if there had been drinking or drug taking or any talk that made anyone feel uneasy.

If a friend did'nt drop him off then where was the accused during the earlier part of the evening?

I am thinking the sexual side of their relationship was all in his head.

i agree, he hasnt confessed. If he has, then clearly he must have withdrew it with advice from his lawyer while they explore an alibi scenario.[/

He was at the police station for 4 hours the night he was arrested giving a statement or confession which ever you wish to call it of his version of the events of the evening of the murders that is a fact. How do I know this my son in law was there at the time.

I think too that he went there with a knife.
He obviously did'nt have good intentions.
He would've known she was ill from her facebook status (they all keep up to date with facebook via their mobiles now), known she was going to bed, and yet he still goes around there? at that time?
Singer, someone on these pages has claimed that it was 'well known' that she was having a sexual relationship with the accused. Which does'nt add up to me. He could've certainly told people he was, as others have suggested, but I don't think he was.

I think it is misinformation that it was 'well known' that she was having a sexual relationship with the accused'. From all the information abounding, it appears that he was never more than a 'mate', albeit that she may have
done some facebook/bebo flirting with him earlier in the year, probably when she was only 15 (birthday 22/5), which she may also have done with others, which is the norm these days anyway. I don't think that she ever had a 'relationship' with the accused that was any different from a lot of other 'relationships' she had with mates. Everything was hopeful and wishful thinking on the part of the accused. She did have a boyfriend, and apparently that was of about 2 month's duration up to her death.

Perhaps the accused stated otherwise to 'big-note' himself, but that would have been rather stupid, as Kapunda is a small place, and everyone would know that his claims were untrue.

I saw a post, on Robbo's site that the accused confessed when he was arrested.
This post was the woman whose son-in-law worked with him and drove him to the police station that evening.
She said he was taken away by the oficers and that the s-i-l was spoken to by other officers. He was there quite a while and at some point was told that the accused was making a full confession.
I've noted though, that when she has posted on this site about that evening, that she has'nt repeated that statement.
And yes, I agree, if he did, then he must've retracted it.

The police would have been able to determine if he took his own weapon as they most likely could have determined if a knife was missing from the scene (rowes kitchen). i personally reckon he took his own. The time from the dropping off till the time the neighbour heard the sceams could have been the time when the accused did the other things that at this stage are just rumours. eg, tamper with CR's body, redress/clean CR's body and place the body in bed, but all that would only be possible if the parents were not home/had not come home yet. No one really knows for fact if they went out after dinner or were home the whole time.

I think it is misinformation that it was 'well known' that she was having a sexual relationship with the accused'. From all the information abounding, it appears that he was never more than a 'mate', albeit that she may have
done some facebook/bebo flirting with him earlier in the year, probably when she was only 15 (birthday 22/5), which she may also have done with others, which is the norm these days anyway. I don't think that she ever had a 'relationship' with the accused that was any different from a lot of other 'relationships' she had with mates. Everything was hopeful and wishful thinking on the part of the accused. She did have a boyfriend, and apparently that was of about 2 month's duration up to her death.

Perhaps the accused stated otherwise to 'big-note' himself, but that would have been rather stupid, as Kapunda is a small place, and everyone would know that his claims were untrue.

I agree. And what lad would go out with a girl if he'd known that girl was having a sexual relationship with a good friend of his.

The police would have been able to determine if he took his own weapon as they most likely could have determined if a knife was missing from the scene. i personally reckon he took his own. the time from the dropping off till the time the neighbour heard the sceams could have been the time when the accused did the other things that at this stage a just rumour. eg, tamper with CR's body, redress/clean CR's body and place the body in bed, but all that would only be possible if the parents were not home/had not come home yet. No one really knows for fact if they went out after dinner or were home the whole time.

It's possible that he did all that with the parents home. Maybe her room was at the other end of the house. They may have had a fan on or airconditioning on in their bedroom, which would've masked noise.

I think too that he went there with a knife.
He obviously did'nt have good intentions.
He would've known she was ill from her facebook status (they all keep up to date with facebook via their mobiles now), known she was going to bed, and yet he still goes around there? at that time?
Singer, someone on these pages has claimed that it was 'well known' that she was having a sexual relationship with the accused. Which does'nt add up to me. He could've certainly told people he was, as others have suggested, but I don't think he was.

I don't know where you get the information that he went there with a knife with intentions that were not good. Not what we as locals know that is for sure, i am not of the belief that he had any intention to go there to cause any harm to anyone, something just went very very wrong.
The night she was ill was indeed the night before as I understand it and she didnt go to work sunday morning. It was well known that they were "best friends" still and there is some statements and speculation made by close friends and family i believe that it was more than that and they had indeed maintained a sexual relationship after they broke off their previous relationship. He was often almost daily visiting at the home of CR and was best friends with CR's new boyfriend who she had started to see 3 to 4 weeks earlier.

i agree, he hasnt confessed. If he has, then clearly he must have withdrew it with advice from his lawyer while they explore an alibi scenario.[/

He was at the police station for 4 hours the night he was arrested giving a statement or confession which ever you wish to call it of his version of the events of the evening of the murders that is a fact. How do I know this my son in law was there at the time.

Ah, thank you for that. And why would he confess if he did'nt do it? Can't see any reason why he would. Despite his mild mannered exterior I believe he did the crime.

Or maybe the Mr of the house snored as loud as the one I have and that would almost muffle any noise.

It is doubful that he confessed. He would have been questioned by police with various matters put to him during that 4 hours. To claim an alibi, he must have refuted allegations that he was the perpetrator at the house. Nontheless, at the end of the questioning, the police would have informed him that he was being charged with 3 counts of murder, together with the sexual offence in relation to C, which appears to be the charge of rape - (those in the court gasped when this was read out, according to overseas reports and various posts). The police could not ignore his claim of an alibi, hence it was mentioned at the hearing, and would be pending further investigations to prove or disprove his claim of an alibi.

Also, just for the record, whilst bail applications are sometimes made on behalf of alleged murderers, it is only in exceptional circumstances that bail will be granted. If anyone is familiar with the Keli Lane case - she was charged with the murder of her 2 day old baby, but was granted bail, which was only revoked on a guilty jury verdict. The exceptional circumstances in that case would have been related to the fact that the case was wholly circumstantial, she had no criminal record, she was the mother of a young child, and she had no history at all in relation to child abuse etc, but rather the opposite, and the alleged offence was 14 years old. In this case, it would appear that any application for bail would be a waste of public money - there are no exceptional circumstances, it was an horrendous crime, police obviously have very strong evidence pointing to the accused (which would have been conveyed to the defence team), and accused is likely a flight risk.

I don't know where you get the information that he went there with a knife with intentions that were not good. Not what we as locals know that is for sure, i am not of the belief that he had any intention to go there to cause any harm to anyone, something just went very very wrong.
The night she was ill was indeed the night before as I understand it and she didnt go to work sunday morning. It was well known that they were "best friends" still and there is some statements and speculation made by close friends and family i believe that it was more than that and they had indeed maintained a sexual relationship after they broke off their previous relationship. He was often almost daily visiting at the home of CR and was best friends with CR's new boyfriend who she had started to see 3 to 4 weeks earlier.

The night before? Are you sure? I thought the police stated she did a text to her boss in the early hours of Monday morning.
If she had croup would'nt she have still been ill the next night?

I certainly did not say that he claimed that he did not do it in my statement, the only 'but' that im aware of was that there was a 'partial alibi' given but what for is still unknown i believe it may have been already dismissed or confirmed and did not make a large difference to the charges that were laid anyway, im unsure just a little confused to see the term 'alibi' still coming up and the 'partial alibi' term, what is with that? To me an alibi explains your inability to be at the crime scene at the time of the crime and able to be evidenced and clarrified. That is clearly not the case.

sb9257 how is your SIL going and how are the rest of his work mates dealing with the events that have unfolded?

It has been published in the print media that C text messaged her boss at 12.10pm or 12.50pm, on the Sunday that she would not be at work on the Monday. I don't believe that she was scheduled to work on the Sunday. She wrote on Facebook, I think, to friends on the Saturday night that she was going to bed at around 11.00pm as she had 'croop' again. I have also read that she went to a friend's house sometime on the Sunday ,(possibly the boyfriend's DP), and called her parents to be picked up from there as she was unwell. This may even have been prior to texting her boss.

The facebook message saying she had croop/was sick and was going to bed was approx 11PM Sunday night, NOT Saturday night.

I have never seen it published that the text message to the boss was at 12.50pm. I have found articles that say it was 12.09PM on sunday (see links in my above post)

so let me get this clear

Saturday
gathering of friends at her house
parents away for the night

Sunday
9.00am Parents return home at 9am
12.09 midday she texts boss to say she is sick
lunchtime Rowes have BBQ/picnic lunch
She goes to a friends for the afternoon
4.00pm Mum picked her up at 4pm as she was sick
6.00pm approx Roast Dinner with family
? She updated her facebook status to say she was sick with croup
10.30pm She sent goodnight messages to bf

12am (midnight) accused arrives and is dropped off
1am Neighbor hears screams
2am he leaves the house (police speculated he stayed for an hour afterwards)

Do you think anyone slept over on Saturday night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MJ1690