GUILTY Australia - Andrew, 45, Rose, 44, & Chantelle Rowe, 16, slain, Kapunda, 8 Nov 2010 #6

Yeah, wont download...it bugs me that they say that about the 'barrels in the body' case in regards to sentencing. Just because there is someone worse out there doesn't mean he doesn't deserve highest punishment possible if you ask me. Hope he never gets out either way and doubt he will. Just hope the people left behind can move onto happier times .. too sad for words this crime.

Yeah, is ridiculous to compare a murder, neither is worse than the other because there isn't a 'better' sort of murder for G sake! All of these violent, cruel, calculated, vicious and sadistic crimes are all the same. One soul dies or 3 or a dozen, the result should be the same with regard to the guilty person/s.....LIFE - NEVER TO BE RELEASED. This is not a mistake in judgement or a split second bad decision, this is relentless cruelty with murderous intent.....big difference.

Hey Cyclone....was all but confirmed in court as per forensic scene examination that patterns around Rose indicated she was on her hands and knees whilst he continued to attack....blunt force trauma to head, ribs and stomach were also found on her and Channy.....it also punched them. Sorry that am only giving dribs and drabs...am remembering more as people raise subjects. Was a lot to take in.

How can a triple murderer of this type even begin to be considered for a 'lighter' sentence?
From what I have read the crime scene was as bad as it gets and it truly is a 'horror of horrors.'
The thing that carried out these awful murders must never ever be released from prison.

South Australian courts really make me wonder sometimes....

MAYBE if it was 3 quick gunshots it may be a little different, but common, he sliced up 3 people with a knife, the house was covered in blood, this was a viscious attack, the victims no doubt would have died a slow painful death and fought for their lives. It cant really get any worser than this. I cant bare to think of the pain they endured. He really should get life without parole. His 'reward' for pleading guilty can simply be an playstation and a cell with a window as far as i am concerned. He does not deserve to get a light sentence. He did not stop after killing one person, he kept going.

Couldn't agree more. 'Lighter' for saying sorry....pleading guilty....his age.....What?.......the ONLY thing this thing is sorry for is getting caught...even then it continued to lie, lie, lie, blame others, someone else.....blah blah blah.....like I said....NEVER TO BE RELEASED.

If anyone managed to save a PDF copy of the apology letter please PM me. Thanks. there really is so much to this that we and the police do not know because downie has refuse to speak.. Theres no way he can be on the streets again. If he cant just 'snap' this one time whos to say he wont just do it again? He crossed the line and he did it. Normal people dont do these things. The whole thing is pretty disturbing for me still.

Agreed. This guy cannot be let out again. It is a very disturbing killing. He will forever be unsafe. He may quietly develop further obsessions which will build up over time, then be acted out to discharge his murderous rage.

Yeah, wont download...it bugs me that they say that about the 'barrels in the body' case in regards to sentencing. Just because there is someone worse out there doesn't mean he doesn't deserve highest punishment possible if you ask me. Hope he never gets out either way and doubt he will. Just hope the people left behind can move onto happier times .. too sad for words this crime.

Can't really say there is someone worse out there simply because he got caught so soon in his murderous career! I would hate to think where this would've led to if he had got away with it!

3 lives in such a short time frame and in such a horrible way by 1 weedy 18 year old, imagine what he's capable of as he gets older and/or if he had people around him whom were also like him!

Hi,

Sentencing on Tues 17th April at Adelaide Supreme Court. Will let you know what happens asap....most likely press will have it everywhere within moments anyway!

Hi,

Sorry don't know yet but the court listings are posted on web after 5 p.m. each day for the next day's appearances. I will check today and post on here if you like. I suspect will be reasonably early but won't say for sure until I look. Ok? Cheers.

Thanks for that. Just looked up time etc too. Was wondering same as you re: Justice Blue. Justice Blue presided over today's sittings too. Hope this does not affect outcome in any way.......or stall even further....however, it does say 'for sentence' so can only assume will be just that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back