GUILTY Australia - Andrew, 45, Rose, 44, & Chantelle Rowe, 16, slain, Kapunda, 8 Nov 2010 #6

Hi everyone just thought i would post here so i can keep a trrack of things and find this thread again. Not long to go now Feb 2 or 4?

Anyone able to go to the court?

Hi Cyclone, yes I will be attending court tomorrow. Even if it's adjourned or delayed or whatever, it'll be interesting to see who turns up (ie family and media etc) and what the gossip is. At the first court appearance (when Downie appeared) many family and friends were there and there was media everywhere. I got there about 2 mins late and couldn't get into the court room...LOL! So this time I'll be getting there early!

Being suppressed, the whole hearing will probably be heard in chambers and there will be no information given in open court.

I hope this is not the case, but it is likely.

Thanks Cyclone82, I can't wait for any info you get.

If you google 'Adelaide Now', a banner is displayed showing the Rowe family and stating that there are live updates from 12 noon today on the court appearance of the accused.

Is that it? Only the suppression order lifted! What about the trial??

all i have heard so far is that the order has been lifted and it was in place so they could investigate his alibi, that the rowes family was at court and that he still hasnt made a plea.

Just read on sky news that he reappears via Videolink in April. More waiting.....

As stated in the article by The Age, the accused is required to appear before Elizabeth Magistrates Court again on April 13, 2011.

As stated in the article by The Age, the accused is required to appear before Elizabeth Magistrates Court again on April 13, 2011.

Downie was remanded in custody to appear again on April 13. It was also reported that police would have some of the forensic evidence ready by March.

My guess is that he may not be up for trial till even 2012, as all the evidence brief has to be collated/presented for a committal, then there has to be a committal. If he pleads guilty at committal stage, then there will be no trial, but at this stage he has not entered a plea, nor has he been required to enter a plea, as it is yet too early in the proceedings.

well old Jason Downie is still in lockup, so his alibi didn't come through, he will appear in court in april - thats when the case will be adjourned to the adelaide court

well old Jason Downie is still in lockup, so his alibi didn't come through, he will appear in court in april - thats when the case will be adjourned to the adelaide court

What makes you think the case will be adjourned to the adelaide court?

Heavan's to betsy it is going to to be a long wait!! They say that all good things come to all that wait. I am having trouble with that like a lot of you. It will come we just have to be patient (so my grandmother used to tell me). On a different issue, love and thoughts to the queenslanders - you need it from us all!!

Eh, we waitied all this time to wait again.

For me I really want to know why, and if there was a reason, just want to try to understand.

He must have been mentally disturbed in a major way, yet was so quiet no-one saw it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back