GUILTY Australia - Andrew, 45, Rose, 44, & Chantelle Rowe, 16, slain, Kapunda, 8 Nov 2010 #6

WOW! Guilty, glad the process wont be dragged out for much longer for their family.

Gulilty plea. So what does this mean?
Lighter sentence?
We will get to hear what really happend?

Mrs G returns!

Yes so where are all the doubters now?
I am surprised the rape charge has been dropped. Does not mean it did not happen though. They just must not have got a good bit of evidence for it. Hopefully there is still enough to keep him locked up though.

So did anyone go to the court hearing today and can report on what was said?

Hallelujah! Hope justice is served and he never sees freedom again.

Thank god Christopher was saved the sickening thought of a trial, may the 3 victims finally rest in peace. Life without possibility of parole? That's what I'd give if I were the judge. Disgraceful man.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Long time for this to come out. My guess is that there was some bargaining happening. Absoutely disgusting for this length of timel. "Arthur Freeman got 32 years for throwing his daughter over the Westgate Bridge". Hopefully this will be for the term of his natural life! Be prepared for momentary insanity - please God No! I am sure that more details will come out now that is before a judge and not a jury of peers. Rest in peace Rose, Andrew and Channy. May Chris and family, many friends and even Jason's family find some sort of closure once this is wrapped up, keeping in mind it could be a while yet because of Christmas closures etc. Lots of thoughts and love go out to you all from many people whom do not even know you. Please know that. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Gulilty plea. So what does this mean?
Lighter sentence?
We will get to hear what really happend?

Mrs G returns!

Yes so where are all the doubters now?
I am surprised the rape charge has been dropped. Does not mean it did not happen though. They just must not have got a good bit of evidence for it. Hopefully there is still enough to keep him locked up though.

So did anyone go to the court hearing today and can report on what was said?

Hi, I went. Was extremely distressing....could taste it. Court packed. Momentary confusion/maybe even panic, when rape charge mentioned then dismissed. Magistrate quick to continue that although rape dismissed he is to answer to charges of 3 murders. Magistrate did say at the on-set that HIS counsel advised him that he has a case to answer. Magistrate read out first charge of murder...Chantelle... asked how does he plea.....JD drew breath and simply said, "Guilty". Court stunned but relieved, gasps and sobs.... then followed the charges read for Rose then Andy, both times simply answered, 'Guilty', nothing more. He said nothing more at all. Then Magistrate advised adjourned to Supreme Court for sentencing submissions on Dec 12. Extremely emotional.....again, though, the entire group dignified. Christopher braced this time, did not take eyes off screen .... very brave. Court emptied, very quiet and sombre....even Magistrate appeared relieved....in my observation at least. Must admit I had a cry on way home.....for everyone affected by this.

Thank you Wondering Why.

Surely the minimum sentence has to be three life sentences.

I don't know how or when the details of the murders will come out.
It might well be better for everyone if that information never sees the light of day.
The only downside to that is we will never see what a monster this killer really is.

This article appears to have a little more detail. I didn't know Chantelle was pregnant. RIP Chantelle, Rose and Andrew.

Jason Downie became obsessed with Chantelle Rowe and launched a frenzied knife attack after she spurned him.

He disembowelled Miss Rowe and stabbed to death her parents, Andrew and Rose, at their family home in the small town of Kapunda, in the wine-producing Barossa Valley, near Adelaide.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/jilted...girl_of_16_and_murdered_her_parents_1_1957063

I meant the actual murder was a waste .. Three lives taken, Jason downie's life destroyed and many others permanently damaged - particularly Christopher and Jason's mum. Just a huge waste altogether and seemingly over love gone wrong. Very sad indeed.

in the adelaide advertiser today the way i read about the rape charge was that it was someone else that dropped it or decided not to press ahead. i didn't' sound like it was associated with chantelle. was she really pregnant? that in no doubt would have made him furious if he was infatuated with her.

just wondering can anyone write books about cases like this (when they plead guilty) or does it mainly come from trials?

He appeared by video link again yesterday, and pleaded guilty to three counts of murder. Prosecutors withdrew a single count of rape - the alleged victim of that dropped change cannot be identified under state law.

this was the comment in the adelaide advertiser.

I'm guessing that the dropped rape charge may have been part of the "deal" for him to confess.

You don't really want that label while walking around prison.

Far out, pregnant? really? i guess we did hear rumours that she was pregant and Jason tried to 'remove' the baby. It seems like a lot the stuff that was supposedly just made up hearsay is ending up being true and there has been some truth to those early leaks.

Far out, pregnant? really? i guess we did hear rumours that she was pregant and Jason tried to 'remove' the baby. It seems like a lot the stuff that was supposedly just made up hearsay is ending up being true and there has been some truth to those early leaks.

The following was posted 11/21/2010:

Just thinking about jealousy and what specifically could fuel it into a blind rage other than drugs and/or psychosis, perhaps the ultimate betrayal, pregnancy. Missing work ... morning sickness? In any case, I am sure LE has checked this out and not only know if it is true or not, but if true who, and most likely who knew.

Russell

I'm a little dubious as the pregnancy was only mentioned in a Scottish newspaper? Never mentioned in any papers in AU.

I'm really happy for the guilty plea!
Knowing SA and their tough privacy laws when it comes to crime, it will be a long time before we hear the whole story. I'm so intrigued!

Just my 2 cents, prior to any detailed information about Jason Downie ...

from 11/20/2010:

I have started studying the available information on him and believe there is enough to do a complete BRACE Character Profile.

Some of my notes to myself include: Impressions: Shallow, low level of interpersonal depth, lack of empathy, unfocused, superficial, deficit interpersonal skills, average to borderline intellectual functioning, emotionally immature, violent interests and fantasy life, high level of anger and dissatisfaction with life and life situation, high level of cognitive isolation, likely substitutes intensity for intimacy, pain/pleasure mixes (violent, sadistic impulses), sense of emptiness/restlessness/poor sense of self, need to rule-out Alexathemia/Asperger’s, seeks recognition/fame, lack of academic, cultural, intellectual interests, narrow world view, self-centered, deep sense of abandonment and alienation, ....

Of course, just my opinions. Never finished the profile ... couldn't with the suppression of information.
Russell

Just my 2 cents, prior to any detailed information about Jason Downie ...

from 11/20/2010:

Of course, just my opinions. Never finished the profile ... couldn't with the suppression of information.
Russell

Interesting. I would like to see the complete BRACE profile.

I heard something absolutely shocking recently. The door removed from the Rowe's home had more than a bloody finger-print on it. Information was that CR was skinned and this, or parts there of, was draped on door. I truly hope this information is not correct and will be more than ok with being wrong. If it is true, surely this should see him with a life sentence with no possibility of parole. I feel sick.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banksy
Back