Found Alive Australia - CC, 3, Bundaberg QLD, 10 April 2014 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if this is the usual place they park their car.....?
yes, it looks very high...it looks like you would have to jump down from the window...that would leave a dent on the top of your car I would think...

Looks to me like it is possibly an unused car, someone back in the thread thought the back windscreen looked smashed?

From that photo it does look smashed ... it certainly does not look like a usual place to park a car that was being used regularly, perhaps it was just left there at the side of house instead of getting rid of it?

haha na, believe me......all over queensland except for probably Brisbane, it would be normal in some "scenes"......... not mine, personally but most definitely happens..... A lot of time it would be just a casual thing, mate dropped over, have a beer............the question here I think is going to be extremely important is: is that a common occurrence and is it a couple of beers?

Quite a lot of pisspots up here

I think the drinks the night before may have been blown out of proportion a little. It's so common for a friend to drop by for a beer or two after work, especially in a small town such as Childers. Everyone is friendly, and most people know each other (or at least know OF each other). I have a feeling a friend or two dropped in and stayed for a couple of beers then left. Even though we're heading into winter, it's still really really hot around here.

or is the window in question the lower one in the red section of the house??

Usually the lower sections of the house are the garage/laundry areas, with the living areas upstairs. I don't think underneath the house was a 'living' space.

So sad to see that darling little Chloe hasn't been found yet. Something strikes me about the pictures I've seen of her, I can't quite put my finger on it though. I don't suspect the family at all though, I think it would have been quite easy for someone to get into an older house like this and jump out the window with the girl - especially if one of the other girls started to stir (making a quick escape). No doubt everyone in the area knew that there were small children in the house, and we all know that perps will wait and wait until the perfect opportunity, and then strike.

I wonder if this is the usual place they park their car.....?
yes, it looks very high...it looks like you would have to jump down from the window...that would leave a dent on the top of your car I would think...

This extended clip is worth a look - it contains aerial footage from several angles and gives a better idea of the height of the window and distance from the ground and car itself.

http://video.au.msn.com/watch/video/police-change-game-plan-after-fears-potentially-abducted-girl/xdppe6f

Not as close as it looks in the other pic.

Bk0-oEZCQAIZp2c.jpg

Thanks! Amazing how deceptive a photo angle can be!

maybe a Favourite item would be noticed by siblings or close family members, something that they held onto/ slept with.... but a random teddy or toy- I don't think so...

I guess my follow-up question is, could someone then tell a child "no no, you're thinking of this other toy?"

Sorry for sounding so vague and pointless... doing some hand sitting.

Looks to me like it is possibly an unused car, someone back in the thread thought the back windscreen looked smashed?

From that photo it does look smashed ... it certainly does not look like a usual place to park a car that was being used regularly, perhaps it was just left there at the side of house instead of getting rid of it?

if the window was smashed wouldnt msm report on it?

Mr Campbell said he discovered “toe prints” on his Ford Falcon Ghia directly below the window, however police have not confirmed this. He believes the window hadn’t clicked shut.

http://www.news.com.au/national/que...knows-the-family/story-fnii5v6w-1226880440041

or is the window in question the lower one in the red section of the house??

I'm leaning towards it NOT being the lower window, in the red section, the comments have been made and reported about "toe prints" or "foot prints" on the car roof, leading people to assume that the higher window is the window in question, that's the window that the family/whoever are wanting things to be focused on.

UPDATE 11.08AM FRIDAY: Forensic crews have spent the morning examining the Campbell family's Ridgeway St home for clues on the disappearance of three-year-old Chloe Campbell.

SES volunteers and police officers could still be seen in the street today as the search continues to find the missing child.

The search area extended to the back of the Childers Woolworths store this morning, with crews also moving in on more bushland and paddocks.

At the scene, SES volunteers told Isis Town & Country reporter Melinda Bradford they were determined to find little Chloe, and would not give up.

http://www.news-mail.com.au/news/frantic-search-find-missing-three-year-old-girl/2225921/

This extended clip is worth a look - it contains aerial footage from several angles and gives a better idea of the height of the window and distance from the ground and car itself.

http://video.au.msn.com/watch/video/police-change-game-plan-after-fears-potentially-abducted-girl/xdppe6f

My first "selfie" quote :blushing: The more I look at the car and its position in that footage, the more I think it could actually parked too far out from the house to be much use to someone trying to gain access to that window. Again, it could just be the camera angles.

When is the next presser? I know sometime late this morning, but nothing mentioning it online. No indication of a live stream or even updates on Twitter

Not sure if anyone's raised this, but that "footprint" intrigues me. If someone wanted to fake a scene to look like an abduction, it seems unlikely they'd use a foot to do so, given the potential for footprints to be identified much like fingerprints.

I'm betting police will be testing an adult standing on that make of car too see if it's possible without dents.

JellybeanIceCream, love your name!

Coppers are very good at sussing out situations and taking in details very quickly in cases like this, wouldn't surprise me if there is no more testing and no more time spent on that car after a quick look around at things, just my thoughts :twocents:

That's the first time I have seen a mention of "things found at the scene". Let's hope they are helpful.

Lets hope so! "some things" are hopefully some pieces of the puzzle that will help QPS get to the bottom of this as soon as possible.

Looks to me just like one of those silver foil like sunshades in the rear window of the car, not smashed.

Photo as angles can be very misleading. I don't think the window is as high as it looks in that one photo from above. :twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HOLLYMOORE73