Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Much better.
https://youtu.be/QBSf_okvYws

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk
Thanks PD. RIP Jill. OMG Doesn't that just go to show how easily a person can be abducted off a well-lit busy Street, within sight & hearing of people. Under their noses. The other thought I had watching that footage was the trigger. The perp had fought with his girlfriend, then went out seemingly, looking for a victim.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I think it was released because they had made the DNA connection between KK and CG and they had no one on file to match it to. Why not get the public to start calling in and nominating people when you have no idea who your looking for & everyone you thought it might have been just got 100% eliminated via DNA. They got 1000 calls at the time to follow up along with several guys who presented themselves claiming MM might have been them.

Sgt Chris Dawson - the primary focus of its release was to get people to come forward. It was stage managed to spark maximum public interest. He also states "theres some exchange of words, or there appears to be, and he walks out of view". Article - Nasa could not enhance critical Claremont footage (Andrea Haywood 18/8/08 prior to release)

An article in the post at the time also claimed MM continued walking down the street and out of view.

A further article by Andrea Haywood on the day of its release 28/8/08 writes about the police briefing held that day. Superintendent Byleveld claimed that more than 700 people were shown the footage at the time and were all identified & he is attributed with saying "we want to close that line of enquiry".

Thanks PD. RIP Jill. OMG Doesn't that just go to show how easily a person can be abducted off a well-lit busy Street, within sight & hearing of people. Under their noses. The other thought I had watching that footage was the trigger. The perp had fought with his girlfriend, then went out seemingly, looking for a victim.

When I think of Claremont back in the day....it was dimly lit, very few people or cars around, lots of dark alleys & lanes, loads of bush areas within a few km radius etc. I can see how easily those poor women could have been taken from the street. As awful as it was to watch....thanks for posting PD

When I think of Claremont back in the day....it was dimly lit, very few people or cars around, lots of dark alleys & lanes, loads of bush areas within a few km radius etc. I can see how easily those poor women could have been taken from the street.
Exactly. No easier place, its that simple. So many exit routes to get out of the vicinity immediately without being seen either.

Maybe u are all mistaken and BRE had met the girls while working in their building or work place around the same time they disappeared. This would give him the benefit of overhearing them make arrangements to go out after work givinh him the knowledge of how to dress ie... formally to try fit in or perhaps look like he was out with others after a function. He might have bumped into them deliberately, to gain their trust ir see if they were familiar enough with him from work to perhaps know if they would get in his car willingly. The girls probably wouldn't query him being there if he was formally dressed assuming he was at an after party function or something. He would have been quite striking with his looks back then as far as what i can tell from recent photos where he now has a bit of weight on him and age. I think the girls would think he was a bit of a lad they considered to be flattering to offer them a lift home. Who would question a handsome friendly guy they knew from work over the previous few days or weeks. I mean they weren't expecting to be dead from all this their worst thoughts may have only , covered as far as him being a weirdo and that they knew where he worked if they needed to report him.
Just a completely different opinion but quite a good theory if i do say so myself.

Hi Lampformypath - thank you for your well wishes. You are very kind. I think I have turned into Mrs McGrumpy face because I’m sick. My posts are a bit cranky[emoji31][emoji855][emoji40]
Hope you're better soon.
And not up all night because you're ill.
I just found a music clip that will put anyone to sleep. Only 1 person liked it on you tube, and that was probably the musician's other account.
https://youtu.be/WN3Tb8rKy94

I believe they didnt show it because if the poor footage it displayed it didnt show much for the step up in security after one girl already went missing. Ashamed that nothing had been done to enhance security cameras and put extra cctv even on the main corners. Least we may have had other footage to go on for Ciara or others. It looks to me like he probably said something like " are u following me" just as a joke to her because it would fit with my theory on the girls being familiar enough to get in his car with them if he had been working in their building prior to their disapoearance. ( thread #25) my personal opinion on this whole thing.

I think it was released because they had made the DNA connection between KK and CG and they had no one on file to match it to. Why not get the public to start calling in and nominating people when you have no idea who your looking for & everyone you thought it might have been just got 100% eliminated via DNA. They got 1000 calls at the time to follow up along with several guys who presented themselves claiming MM might have been them.

Sgt Chris Dawson - the primary focus of its release was to get people to come forward. It was stage managed to spark maximum public interest. He also states "theres some exchange of words, or there appears to be, and he walks out of view". Article - Nasa could not enhance critical Claremont footage (Andrea Haywood 18/8/08 prior to release)

An article in the post at the time also claimed MM continued walking down the street and out of view.

A further article by Andrea Haywood on the day of its release 28/8/08 writes about the police briefing held that day. Superintendent Byleveld claimed that more than 700 people were shown the footage at the time and were all identified & he is attributed with saying "we want to close that line of enquiry".
At the end of this news item it mentions that over 3,000 people were interviewed by the Macro task force. That's a lot of disgruntled ex girlfriends dobbing in former boyfriends ;)
https://youtu.be/XR-CbLBIDOg

Maybe I’m delirious from high temp but I just want to say that I can’t for the life of me figure out why the police put that video out. They want a response from the public but then we can’t be told anything. I have always thought the so called MM was Romauld Zac. He never came forward because he is deceased. Possibly a suspicious death. Taken out so as to protect CSK. Maybe he knew too much about Claremont Killer. MOO
Hi Annalise. I've often wondered the same thing. Its a video of 'nothing'. IMO Jane looks totally surprised to see MM and he seems totally disinterested in her as he doesn't appear to stop and chat or hug her, just seems to say something and walk on by. She's more excited to see him than he is to see her. Maybe the alcohol is causing her to overeact? Obviously she knows him from somewhere, though doesn't mean she knows him well. She COULD have just bumped into him at the previous pub or he could be the guy that she met on the train one day and helped her pick up her dropped groceries. She could have met him any where before, who knows??
As for why they released it 12 years later is a complete mystery. Everyone who was in that clip, although they may remember seeing Jane, would surely not have remembered the details of those few seconds. Aside from probably being drunk, people were chatting to each other and would not have been taking much notice of exactly what Jane was doing.otherwise WAPOl would have said she walked off or she got into a car, they just didn't know.
I think they only released it to show they were still doing something because if MM wasn't BRE or his wingman it would have sent the message to BRE that they had no idea. On the other hand if they knew it was BRE he would have got the clear message they were onto him. Which I doubt as it took another four year for the arrest to happen.

Hope you're better soon.
And not up all night because you're ill.
I just found a music clip that will put anyone to sleep. Only 1 person liked it on you tube, and that was probably the musician's other account.
https://youtu.be/WN3Tb8rKy94

Thanks Petedavo - actually I quite like that song and the footage (except for the crazy guy running). His voice reminds me of the guy who sang Solid Rock by ? Goanna MOO

Has anyone ever found themself in a situation whereby the person they’ve been with has done something which wasn’t foreseen – you wasn’t forewarned they were about to do something - illegal or immoral?

This is just a hypothetical, if you have any queries please feel free to PM.

What if the CSK socialized at the OBH or elsewhere thus became familiar with one or two local men. Perhaps the CSK was having a drink locally on the nights the three ladies went missing. Possibly the CSK was chummy with one local in particular - AKA person Z.
I’m not talking about person Z being a lure.

What if person Z was a popular local, nice looking but was having a few mental health issues, which were quite noticeable. Person Z being a person who knew a couple of the young ladies - JR and CG.

Perhaps it’s possible JR and CG had actually seen the CSK at a few of the popular pubs, casually chatting with person Z. The CSK occasionally taking person Z home because he’s unable to drive – he’s unwell.

What if person Z realizes the CSK and he had spoken to JR on the night she went missing,and that the CSK was in the vicinity?
Could it be possible person Z informed the police of certain details.

I’m not suggesting person Z is in anyway involved, but simply taken advantage of. If person Z was a witness he’d probably end up dead too.

Reminder: The bricklayer travelling along Wanneroo Rd mentioned someone being in the back of the taxi. https://www.google.com.au/url

Please –sensible replies only – this is just a hypothetical.

Hi Canningvale- I haven't actually been with some one but have heard of people I know doing something i totally would never believe they would do. In fact the other day i had this exact situation and spent all day very upset, saying to myself 'i just can't belive they would do this'. Usually i am a very good judge of charactor, so this was very shocking. A prime example of this is the Rolf Harris situation. (Rolf was a very famous West Aussie accused and jailed for indecent assalt on a number of women) Never in a million years would i have thought this about Rolf. just goes to prove you never know what goes on behind closed doors!!

Maybe u are all mistaken and BRE had met the girls while working in their building or work place around the same time they disappeared. This would give him the benefit of overhearing them make arrangements to go out after work givinh him the knowledge of how to dress ie... formally to try fit in or perhaps look like he was out with others after a function. He might have bumped into them deliberately, to gain their trust ir see if they were familiar enough with him from work to perhaps know if they would get in his car willingly. The girls probably wouldn't query him being there if he was formally dressed assuming he was at an after party function or something. He would have been quite striking with his looks back then as far as what i can tell from recent photos where he now has a bit of weight on him and age. I think the girls would think he was a bit of a lad they considered to be flattering to offer them a lift home. Who would question a handsome friendly guy they knew from work over the previous few days or weeks. I mean they weren't expecting to be dead from all this their worst thoughts may have only , covered as far as him being a weirdo and that they knew where he worked if they needed to report him.
Just a completely different opinion but quite a good theory if i do say so myself.
Yes a completely different opinion & respect to you & your opinion however, what you have described doesn't seem to match the MO of the Huntingdale home invasion or the KK rape, both of which allegedly are the work of the CSK.

Might have been ciara in back of taxi.... jus saying...

At the end of this news item it mentions that over 3,000 people were interviewed by the Macro task force. That's a lot of disgruntled ex girlfriends dobbing in former boyfriends ;)

Over 1500 were taxi drivers presumably they were interviewed when their DNA was taken

Did Alan Carpenter ever get the explanation

http://netk.net.au/WA/WA93.asp
[FONT=&quot]Premier Alan Carpenter said he would seek an explanation from WA Police as to why it took so long for the vision to be made public. Opposition leader Colin Barnett said the video should have been made public long ago. The man who was the prime suspect in the case yesterday vehemently denied any involvement in the killings when interviewed at his beachside apartment.
He said he knew nothing of the new footage. ``It has nothing to do with me. I'm constantly harassed over this and have been for years,'' he said.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Another suspect, former Claremont mayor Peter Weygers refused to comment on the development. Det-Sgt Stanbury, Major Crime Superintendent Jeff Byleveld and Sarah Spiers' father, Don, have been interviewed for the Foxtel program. It is understood Jane Rimmer's mother, Jennifer, and Ciara Glennon's parents were not involved.[/FONT]

True but who says it has to be a pattern he may have changed his methods as he developed throughout experience in these terrible things he did. The KK and Huntingdale were earlier on. If he were to succeed in getting them to willingly get in his car he would have to form sonewhat of a familiarity with them. It gets riskier for him in more midern times to just grab them off tge street. He may have murdered them because they would recognise him by voice and face at this point.

Over 1500 were taxi drivers presumably they were interviewed when their DNA was taken

Did Alan Carpenter ever get the explanation

http://netk.net.au/WA/WA93.asp
[FONT=&quot]Premier Alan Carpenter said he would seek an explanation from WA Police as to why it took so long for the vision to be made public. Opposition leader Colin Barnett said the video should have been made public long ago. The man who was the prime suspect in the case yesterday vehemently denied any involvement in the killings when interviewed at his beachside apartment.
He said he knew nothing of the new footage. ``It has nothing to do with me. I'm constantly harassed over this and have been for years,'' he said.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Another suspect, former Claremont mayor Peter Weygers refused to comment on the development. Det-Sgt Stanbury, Major Crime Superintendent Jeff Byleveld and Sarah Spiers' father, Don, have been interviewed for the Foxtel program. It is understood Jane Rimmer's mother, Jennifer, and Ciara Glennon's parents were not involved.[/FONT]
Steve Ross summed up his experience in this video.

Snip/
Little Athletics, hey what? Wonder if he ever met the accused?
/Snip

Confirmed.

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&...FjATegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw2Sj8gzOAv_sTR0fP6P54rlView attachment report2011.pdf
021a4cf342a8c2d2a470e076b39cf589.jpg

Association with BLAC goes back to childhood, so he'd probably know everybody that's ever been there.
http://www.blac.asn.au/centre-records
b3f2f9ca302f72758d9becf511ee4fb8.jpg

POST 11 JANUARY 1994
1 Jan 1994 subway attack took place junction Gugeri St &Stirling Rd lights - description of attacker in article does not fit BRE:

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_4180.jpg
    IMG_4180.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 192
I have often wondered what was on the rest of the CCTV footage. From the short piece that was released, there were shots from several different angles / Cameras. It's surprising that there wasn't at least a glimpse of MM's face either from front or side on. Did he keep walking forward (past the camera near the entrance) or did he turn around & go back from where he came from? Either way, I would have thought there would be face shots. IMO

I have often wondered if there WERE face shots on the cctv and they were used to make that identikit we saw in the background of some coverage (I think it was one of those police investigation boards) that looked remarkably similar to BRE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member