Australia Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #9 *ARREST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like BRE could have followed his father into the same occupation/employer.

Pippidinny road has changed a lot since the late 90s. Does anyone know if the spot where the CSK lay CG's body is west or east of Marmion avenue? I hope the cross that her family erected at the spot still remains despite all the development

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

East, not far in from Wanneroo Rd (after the dog leg). Couldn't see a cross on Google street view. Visited it a few weeks after she was discovered and IIRC dump site was approx. here - https://www.google.com.au/maps/@-31...4!1sbL2DnsRxZg12arsLS_xp6w!2e0!7i13312!8i6656 - on the south side of the road.

I have only ever seen telephone cable or clothes line mentioned in the past never ties?

When this was previously discussed, I was told that zip ties are called flex or electrical ties in Australia. Several articles reported electrical flex was used to restrain the Karrakatta victim.

Feb 12 Teenager abducted in Rowe Park, tied with electrical flex and raped at Karrakatta Cemetery.
http://newsstore.fairfax.com.au/app...0&sp=adv&clsPage=1&docID=news970404_0078_0264

-----

A teenager abducted from Rowe Park, in Gugeri Street, in Februray last year was lucky to survive.

She was tied up with electrical flex and raped violently at Karrakatta Cemetary before being left for dead.

The West Australian, 1996 June 11. John Townsend. Dark fears in glamour spot, Page 4.

Agreed. Re the report you are waiting on, it might not give you the beneficiaries of the trust but only the trustee of the trust. If this turns out to be a company then you'll need an ASIC search to find out the directors/shareholders. Is it from D&B (or similar)?

Yep, D&B. Was hoping to get beneficiaries but if I can at least confirm a link to the arrested man I guess that's all I need.

First time poster as i thought I could add some insight on the L/Athletics side of things here in WA.
As has previously been said, BE would not have needed a WWC while he had a child in the club but once she left, yearly checks would be needed but without a criminal record, it's going to come back clear. It is very very common for volunteers (especially life members) to continue volunteering in LA after their children have left the sport.

Also thought it may be helpful to add that there is a difference in the two sections of LA's that BE was involved in. Kewdale is a Club but Belmont is a Centre. The way it works is that athletes register to Kewdale and represent that Club but then the Kewdale Club registers to compete at the Belmont Centre against other local Clubs. So BE has started in a Club based environment focused on athletes and then moved up into the Centre which is more about organising the weekly competition and volunteers from many clubs. There are also minutes from 2009 that show BE volunteering to take on an organisation role in 'Zones' (an annual competition where local Centres compete against each other). In 2010 Belmont hosted the Zones comp so he would have had a significant role that year hosting other Centres. Essentially he's progressively taking on more authoritative roles and the roles he has taken on are much more to do with running the club rather than direct involvement with the kids (ie coaching).

Also despite a previous post, BE is most definitely still involved in Belmont this season (2016/17) as he is listed on their website as holding the Voluntary position of Web Administrator. He is also on the Club Roster as straight track Timekeeper for the entire season. That means he is there every Saturday during competition on the field recording times for each individual in all races (hurdles, 100m etc) and needs to be fairly meticulous in the record keeping.

CG was found by a guy bushwalking. Not Telstra workers.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...er-1996-1997-Perth-Western-Australia-4/page35

Telstra workers are mentioned in Debi Marshall's book The Devil's Garden. Chapter 23. It says Telstra workers in the area had smelt the decomposing body days before but reasoned it was a dead kangaroo.

Need more info on where/what the Telstra workers were doing when they smelt something and how it got reported.

First time poster, long time lurker.

I was early-20's and had just started studying at UWA law school when Ciara went missing in 1997. SS and JR were terribly sad, but CG really brought it home to me.

Regarding the individual who discovered CG's body, I remember it being considered common knowledge at the time that he was checking his marijuana crop, not bushwalking. Might be urban myth.

Wow that's impressive, yeah thought it was a bit further up as you can see here -
http://www.watoday.com.au/content/dam/images/g/t/g/w/p/g/image.related.articleLeadwide.620x349.gtgvx4.png/1482434268648.jpg - steep hill with two electricity posts on right hand side. Things seem a bit greener and bushier back then.

Yep. Mine is the correct spot. You can see on Google Street view that the crest of the hill has been taken down and widened.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Pipindinny.JPG
    Pipindinny.JPG
    130.8 KB · Views: 457
First time poster, long time lurker.

I was early-20's and had just started studying at UWA law school when Ciara went missing in 1997. SS and JR were terribly sad, but CG really brought it home to me.

Regarding the individual who discovered CG's body, I remember it being considered common knowledge at the time that he was checking his marijuana crop, not bushwalking. Might be urban myth.

Think I'd tell the cops I was bushwalking too. One thing I have heard is that when he called the discovery in he said, 'Whoever did this is one sick *advertiser censored**.'

Yes it would be good to hear from Marshall and any others who have theorised over the years.

Reading an old article here - http://newsstore.fairfax.com.au/app...0&sp=adv&clsPage=1&docID=news970404_0078_0264 - it appears someone from ECU was spot on: "Meanwhile, Professor Don Thompson of Perth's Edith Cowan University has put forward a profile of an ordinary person "almost indistinguishable in the community", who gets his kicks from sex, the publicity and confounding the police."

Random thought re the Pipidinny Rd site - the suspect would have had to drive the length of the road to the beach, make sure nobody was there (and hence was no chance to disturb him on their way back) and then drive back to the dump site so that he need only monitor the road looking East. Hence the elevated location.

What's interesting though is that Wellard wouldn't have provided the same protection as it is open ended at Millar Rd (parallel with the rail track). I wonder if this was him becoming more sophisticated with each crime, or whether we should be looking for a Pipidinny Rd situation for the SS dump site?

The same article also contemplates an east dump site:

"Meanwhile, Dr Ananth Pullela, the forensic psychiatrist, said yesterday he believed he knew where police should be looking for the body of Sarah Spiers.
The killer was deliberately spacing the bodies to avoid detection, Pullela told ABC Radio.

"We found one south of Perth, this time (Glennon) in the north; I'm suggesting we should carefully be looking at bushland east of Perth," he said. "

Although Wellard possibly now coincides with Madora Bay (i.e. convenience rather than structure), though the Freeway was still many years off reaching Mandurah, so wouldn't have been as convenient as it is now.

If the link to ACR is proven then BE (alleged perp) may have been a regular at Hungry Jack's - young tradie and all that he was, in those days.

If the link to ACR is proven then BE (alleged perp) may have been a regular at Hungry Jack's - young tradie and all that he was, in those days.

I think I know the answer, but the HJs would not have been 24 hrs back then (if it is at all now), would it? IIRC the only 24hr fast food (other than Fast Eddy's) at the time was Maccas at Tuart Hill and maybe Myaree.

As a telstra worker would your van/car be a mobile office in a way? Meaning that if you have no job allocated you didn't have to come back to a base location?

If so then maybe BE did have a side job that was flexible and could go to when on call like helping out at a relatives computer shop for some extra cash. (Pending if it is a relations)

I think I know the answer, but the HJs would not have been 24 hrs back then (if it is at all now), would it? IIRC the only 24hr fast food (other than Fast Eddy's) at the time was Maccas at Tuart Hill and maybe Myaree.

Don't know about Claremont but I'm pretty sure I remember a 24 hour HJ's in Cannington. It *could* have been a Macca's but I think it was HJ's.

Trying to get further details about ACR off the D&B website. You can order comprehensive reports on business. After doing a search for ACR a list of similar business was found. When I clicked on the Deregistered ACR listing, the search just hangs and nothing shows up. All the other businesses I click on bring up a selection of reports you can choose to purchase. Weird or just another coincidence?

Trying to get further details about ACR off the D&B website. You can order comprehensive reports on business. After doing a search for ACR a list of similar business was found. When I clicked on the Deregistered ACR listing, the search just hangs and nothing shows up. All the other businesses I click on bring up a selection of reports you can choose to purchase. Weird or just another coincidence?

Sounds like the same report I purchased and am waiting for. If I don't ever receive it without an explanation I'd be thinking it's been made restricted viewing. Not jumping to that conclusion yet though.

It is because the ABN is not linked to an underlying company so ASIC's records cannot provide any extracts of a company name associated with that business name. Best course is to find the underlying trustee company of Edwards Family Trust but I fear the searches available publicly won't provide this info. Let's see what CP345's report shows though.

Yep. Mine is the correct spot. You can see on Google Street view that the crest of the hill has been taken down and widened.
attachment.php

How far off the road was she found or was it just by the side of the road?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member