Australia Australia - Eloise Worledge, 8, Beaumaris, Vic, 12 Jan 1976

Wasn't Blake killed outside Brentford Square shops in Nunawading? I lived in Mitcham next door to Nunawading at the time.

Hi paul, not sure exactly where.. all I know is it was Nunawading. I should look for some old articles with a bit more detail to confirm.

Thank you for that, and welcome to WS! :)

Today is the 39th anniversary of Eloise's abduction.
Her mother's art and personal story was profiled recently in the Sydney Morning Herald.

Eloise Worledge's mother Patsy celebrates life with colour
http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment...ebrates-life-with-colour-20141122-11rt02.html
November 23, 2014
Ms Worledge's personal story is well known. In January 1976, her daughter Eloise, 8, vanished from the family home in Beaumaris and was never found. It was a tragedy that made Patsy Worledge a household name in one of the most publicised cases in Australian history.

Today, approaching her 72nd birthday, she has built another life – built on a spiritual journey that has taken her through immersion in Chinese meditation to encounters with Aboriginal elders and artists. Indigenous art informs her own work: the colours, the dot work, the elevation of the mysteries of life to the canvasses that clutter her home.

more at link.

What a well written and informative article, thanks to John Silvester, The Age senior crime reporter. I don't know the ins and outs of the case, but the article went into great detail about Eloise's disappearance and information the police held at the time and up to 2003. I searched for Eloise's photo, I instantly recognized her from later media reports.

Another story where there are just too many coincidences and puzzling aspects that lead to a dead end. :(

Eloise_Worledge_(circa_1975).jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eloise_Worledge_disappearance

It is VERY likely the scene was staged but ..... WHY???

So, the mother got up at 0430 to use the toilet, and the passage light was off. Maybe the abductor was still in the house, and heard her moving about. Maybe he cut the scree in preparation for an emergency exit, but once she went back to bed, that wasn't necessary, so he exited the front door.

If the mother is now in her seventies, she must have been fairly young when she had Eloise?

does anyone have any ideas/theories they can proffer? Eloise shouldn't fall down the memory hole.

40th anniversary in less than two months... We still remember you, Eloise...

A belated noting of the 40th anniversary. My apologies, sweet Eloise.

Bump. Were there ever any results from the inquest? I could not find anything searching the web.

So many puzzles and dead ends.... it's frustrating.

Father of missing Eloise Worledge, 8, dies with 40-year mystery still unsolved

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/father-of-missing-eloise-worledge-8-dies-with-40year-mystery-still-unsolved-20170306-gus78e.html

Former teacher and business adviser Lindsay Worledge died two weeks ago, 41 years after Eloise was taken from her bedroom in Scott Street, sparking one of Victoria's biggest investigations and searches.

Lindsay was treated as a suspect, not because there was any evidence pointing at him, but because there were no obvious alternatives.

After his marriage to Eloise's mother, Patsy, ended in divorce he remarried and tried to live quietly but his name was always linked to his daughter's case, both as a grieving parent and a possible suspect.

In 2002 he took a police lie detector test, "The results were inconclusive. It did not produce a result which would satisfy police curiosity."

He said he had his own thoughts on what happened that night, but they "are an interpretation of nothing. They are just theories".

A police review of the case found, "At the conclusion of investigations into Lindsay Worledge, no evidence in regards to his involvement has been uncovered."

The ultimate head of the initial investigation agreed. Detective Superintendent Warnock believed he was unfairly judged.

"Mr Worledge, I think, has been seen in a bad light," he said nine months after the abduction

"He's not the kind of person who wears his heart on his sleeve. Deep down, he cares about his children and he is very distressed about this whole business.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallgirl
Back