Australia - female prisoners offered the morning after pill after rampage by male prisoners

MelmothTheLost

Reaction score
Female prisoners are given the morning-after pill after male inmates smashed their way into women’s section of a jail during 12-hour riot

Female inmates were given the morning-after pill after male prisoners smashed their way into the women's section of the prison using hand-held grinding power tools during a mass jail breakout last month.

The Justice Department has revealed that the pill - used to prevent pregnancy after unprotected sex - was offered to dozens of female prisoners inside in Greenough Regional Prison, north of Perth, after a 12-hour riot.

Female prisoners are given the morning after pillafter male inmates smashed their way into women | Daily Mail Online

It's unclear whether any sexual assaults occurred. Female prisoners say not so maybe it's a precautionary measure by the prison authorities.

AFAIK there are no British prisons where male and female prisoners are held on the same site, but if anyone knows differently I'd be interested to hear about it.

That said, I think both sexes are held on different wings of secure hospitals such as Broadmoor and Rampton but again I could be wrong.

Greenough Regional Prison

From the link...
Greenough Regional Prison manages prisoners from throughout the Midwest region, extending from Exmouth in the north to Moora in the south, and east as far as Wiluna.

The prison manages a high percentage of Aboriginal prisoners as well as up to 69 female prisoners. A minimum-security facility at the front of the prison houses up to 56 male prisoners.

Total capacity is 332.
Do you think female prisoners would falsely claim they were NOT sexually assaulted in order to not be labeled a “snitch”? I really hope they were not victims. How terrifying. The DM story does not report any injuries in spite of a 12 hour riot. I hope that too is true, though it seems hard to believe.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loria4mi5
Back