Found Deceased Australia - Jackson Stacker, 26, Sleepy Hollow, 25 Aug 2021

T-dawg420

Reaction score
No Cookies | Daily Telegraph

Friends and family of missing man Jackson Stacker are in mourning, after police confirmed human remains found on the North Coast this week were likely those of the 26-year-old.

Police established a crime scene at farmland behind a Pacific Highway rest area at Sleepy Hollow, north of Byron Bay, after suspected human remains were found.

“About 11.30am Wednesday, August 25, officers attached to the Tweed/Byron Police District attended the Sleepy Hollow rest area on the Pacific Highway, Yelgun, in search of man who was reported missing earlier this week,” a police spokesperson said.

“While searching nearby farmland on Pottsville Road, police located human remains, which have been sent for forensic examination.”

A crime scene was established, and the area was extensively searched.

Attachments

• 5E1F7B42-41DD-4F6B-B980-C205C1566DFB.jpeg
    5E1F7B42-41DD-4F6B-B980-C205C1566DFB.jpeg
    99.7 KB · Views: 39
  • 9B99569D-3833-4EC0-97DD-BEB794376793.jpeg
    9B99569D-3833-4EC0-97DD-BEB794376793.jpeg
    87 KB · Views: 36
A few quotes from Jackson’s father Ian at Jackson’s funeral service. This is made public on the go fund me page.

“His plans were to jump in the camper and get back up north to the Daintree area again, he was in good spirits”[URL='https://issuu.com/naomiobryan/docs/jackson_fa_singles'][/URL]

“it wasn’t until I had a phone enquiry from someone looking to buy his camper van we were kind of alerted to the fact that something could be up”

“his van was on the side of the road in a place called sleepy hollow, not far from Byron bay, and ah, someone was making enquires like they wanted to buy the van”

“this lead to us getting a bit more frantic and to her credit, sandy put out a missing persons report on him which got the police involved, and he was found on the 25th august, AND THERES AN ONGOING POLICE INVESTIGATION”

“So I don’t think we are ever going to know whether this was deliberate, and accident or foul play”

“NO ONE IN THE FAMILY BELIEVES IT WAS DELIBERATE”

[URL="https://issuu.com/naomiobryan/docs/jackson_fa_singles"]Celebration of Life: Jackson Stacker
[/URL]
https://view.oneroomstreaming.com/

There have been renewed calls from Jackson father for any dash cam footage that Jackson may appear on from travellers through that area.
There have been comments in the dangers of that particular rest stop on those posts too.
As one of the only free camping spots in the area, it was likely he was there to crash so he wasn’t harassed by the rangers in town who fine you for sleeping in your car.

It has also been revealed by Jackson’s father in a comment that his “van had been burgled. Computer, phone and camera taken.”
And from a friend in an original missing post that “His car was found abandoned at Sleepy Hollow with the keys left in the ignition.”

It has also been revealed by Jackson’s father in a comment that his “van had been burgled. Computer, phone and camera taken.”
And from a friend in an original missing post that “His car was found abandoned at Sleepy Hollow with the keys left in the ignition.”
Hey thanks for jumping over here and adding to this. His car was burgled? But keys in the ignition? I’m going to try and find a pic of Jackson’s van in MSM

Wow, crazy how chill this guy's dad is. Son was just going to drift up north van life style, I'm guessing no cell phone? Or maybe in an area where there's no service anyway? Don't hear from him for quite some time until some random person calls them trying to buy the van? Are auto registrations public info there? Then once they find his body, already saying "I don’t think we are ever going to know" even before any forensics or crime scene info?

It does seem most like a robbery situation to me. Caught him napping, cracked his skull and he ran off into the field and collapsed.

Wow, crazy how chill this guy's dad is. Son was just going to drift up north van life style, I'm guessing no cell phone? Or maybe in an area where there's no service anyway? Don't hear from him for quite some time until some random person calls them trying to buy the van? Are auto registrations public info there? Then once they find his body, already saying "I don’t think we are ever going to know" even before any forensics or crime scene info?

It does seem most like a robbery situation to me. Caught him napping, cracked his skull and he ran off into the field and collapsed.
There’s a history of police not being very thorough in investigating unusual circumstances in this area. I believe they have already said “The death is not being treated as suspicious at this stage”. HUMAN REMAINS FOUND AT SLEEPY HOLLOW, FEARED TO BE THAT OF MISSING MAN | NBN News
Which is highly suspicious to locals, and no doubt family.

It’s a very relaxed area where being transient is a lifestyle. It’s not out of the ordinary to be out of service for days at a time or weeks even, depending on where you or your friends live.

But keys in ignition, broken car windows and belongings stolen definitely warrant further questions being asked.

It would be interesting to know if the phone number who called the family was tracked.
Was it someone using an enquiry as a guise to alert them the car was there out of guilty conscience?
There’s no visible for sale signs on the van in photos used of it parked at sleepy hollow in missing posters, so the fact the family were contacted at all is interesting. How was their number acquired?

Also the van was there for 4 weeks right? Before Jackson was found? How far away was his body from the van, I assumed it was close but didn’t the police have a look around?

The phone enquiry just seems a bit off to me. It says Jackson had his phone and computer stolen, so he had a phone.

why didn’t he use his own number if he was going to sell it? Cos the dad Ian says it wasn’t until a phone enquiry from someone looking to buy the van. I have seen they can have bad phone service there, but still. It seems his family were unaware Jackson wanted to sell the camper van?

1 - how did they know the van was for sale
2- who did they call to try and buy it
3- where did they get that contact info for the ‘sale’ from?
4- did Jackson actually want to sell his van?

I cantget these thoughts out of my head.

Last edited:
Just going back over these articles, I think they’re saying he was over the fence? Not in the actual rest stop? I’ve found some pics in a few articles.

How just he jump get over that fence? So was Jackson camping at the rest area? Cos why would he need to go over the fence? There are toilets there I’ve read

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/byron-shire/byron-bay-friends-of-missing-man-jackson-stacker-grieve-after-remains-found-in-farmland/news-story/f4bc9abf5ce6133fbbbd88edf96d76bf

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/n...a/news-story/6873ef88b521b8fdbefbd258e1543448

Attachments

• 00639599-FA1D-4BCE-AB9A-B23E1222931A.jpeg
    00639599-FA1D-4BCE-AB9A-B23E1222931A.jpeg
    163.1 KB · Views: 30
  • B1C64415-506C-4131-9089-8FA343C42DE8.jpeg
    B1C64415-506C-4131-9089-8FA343C42DE8.jpeg
    76.6 KB · Views: 31
  • A66ACE7F-20CA-496D-AE9B-46C1A3BD02E7.jpeg
    A66ACE7F-20CA-496D-AE9B-46C1A3BD02E7.jpeg
    131 KB · Views: 31
  • CABC50F6-E81E-48A0-A512-0442BE1C3329.jpeg
    CABC50F6-E81E-48A0-A512-0442BE1C3329.jpeg
    270.9 KB · Views: 30
I just googled sleepy hollow rest area northbound and thought I’d post a few pics. It doesn’t seem like a really remote place and seems to get used a bit.

if anything some of the google reviews say it’s loud in the car park to sleep cos of the traffic noise.

Attachments

• 86136332-235B-45B7-909A-F7E39971D24B.jpeg
    86136332-235B-45B7-909A-F7E39971D24B.jpeg
    171.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 04F1E499-357C-4AA3-AA30-A9FCA7F8CE7F.jpeg
    04F1E499-357C-4AA3-AA30-A9FCA7F8CE7F.jpeg
    180.9 KB · Views: 25
  • 7C57CCE8-6935-4B1A-879B-5D8985E32DAF.jpeg
    7C57CCE8-6935-4B1A-879B-5D8985E32DAF.jpeg
    117.5 KB · Views: 24
  • F4AACBE0-EED6-4878-AFEA-9AF89C076921.jpeg
    F4AACBE0-EED6-4878-AFEA-9AF89C076921.jpeg
    159.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 25807063-026E-4B68-A218-2C5AF6252E5E.jpeg
    25807063-026E-4B68-A218-2C5AF6252E5E.jpeg
    135.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 07F498D8-8FE5-4648-80CD-FE46585EEAA0.jpeg
    07F498D8-8FE5-4648-80CD-FE46585EEAA0.jpeg
    126.7 KB · Views: 19
This was posted last night. It says Jackson death is north being treated as suspicious but Jackson’s father is still asking fo anyone with details to contact crime stoppers! This video has a decent short video of someone driving into the rest stop, it’s gives good perspective I think.

cos I still don’t get how this Jackson’s death isn’t being treated as suspicious? The police must know something obviously? But I tend to believe the family after reading about this! And surely the family should be convinced it wasn’t suspicious, so why aren’t they believing the story?

More details are needed here!

https://www.nbnnews.com.au/2021/09/27/heartbroken-fathers-plea-for-information

Can’t understand why more media isn’t picking up on how poorly this has been handled by police.
Why is it that everything gets labelled an accident or suicide when we clearly have some active criminals getting away with horrid things because the police write it off for the sake of protecting Byrons tourism dollars.
Theres more to Jackson’s story we all know that. It will come out. It’s a small area and eventually someone will let slip.

It's possible that there was clear indication of suicide or overdose (or even "misadventure") but in those kind of cases the family usually goes radio silent. It definitely feels like some information isn't being communicated, giving the police the benefit of the doubt that this information even exists.

T
It's possible that there was clear indication of suicide or overdose (or even "misadventure") but in those kind of cases the family usually goes radio silent. It definitely feels like some information isn't being communicated, giving the police the benefit of the doubt that this information even exists.
That’s what peaking my interest, the fact the family hasn’t seemed to accept this was a deliberate act by Jackson. Now of course it could have been, and I am not so naive that I don’t realise that sometimes it’s hard for a family to grasp the reality of someone committing suicide or having an accident.

But which one is it?

If it’s so obvious, then surely they can release more info on how and where Jackson actually died?

again I know we have no right to this information, however surely his family have the right? And from what I can read and find they aren’t having it being deliberate or it being an accident.

As soon as I hear from Ian’s mouth that he is satisfied every stone has been turned over, and he can be able to be informed the truth and accept that truth, then I’ll keep asking questions!

Can’t understand why more media isn’t picking up on how poorly this has been handled by police.
Why is it that everything gets labelled an accident or suicide when we clearly have some active criminals getting away with horrid things because the police write it off for the sake of protecting Byrons tourism dollars.
Theres more to Jackson’s story we all know that. It will come out. It’s a small area and eventually someone will let slip.
I know right! How many are out there that have just been labelled an accident or suicide that at least questions need to be asked?

I’m glad I am not the only one that thinks there is more to this story.

I wonder why more media hasn’t picked it up? Cos again, surely someone who’s van is found in a rest stop that’s been there for 4 weeks,, and the family are alerted tonier son being missing by a oh one enquire trying to buy the camper van.

And then this kid, Jackson, he is found in the same area but not with the car? And the car has been burgled and his stuff has been stolen?

and they won’t tell anyone how he died? Do they even know?

Cmon, I can’t be the one that thinks that stinks!

Remember they said that Theo Hayez apparently just fell off a cliff without having a great investigation, and look at that mess now!

I respect the police, but that doesn’t mean i have to listen to them and ven more so it certainly doesn’t mean the police are never wrong, after all, they are only human too!

IMO, if the van has been there for four weeks and people drive past it and see it still there for four weeks, of course someone will burgle it. It is a wonder it is still there with the keys in the ignition.
Why just burgle it if the keys are in the ignition why not just take the van?
To make it look like a robbery maybe?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarthaPrirl
Back