Australia Australia - Jessica Small, 15, Bathurst, NSW, 26 Oct 1997

Hi All,

New to Bathurst, never heard of this case until I saw the panel on Bentinck street. Recently watched the 60 minutes and read the findings final. Also read some of yours ideas and saw some photos.

I have a few questions and not sure if anyone here can answer them or have seen the answers somewhere.

1) Vanessa Conlan managed to get out of the car on Hereford street, yet based on the testimonies gathered along the time, the car was next seen on Duramana Road, 34 (then Turondale), Eglinton- that's 10 min away from Kelso, driver would have taken Eleven Mile rd. Jess was heard and seen fighting for life while in Eglinton - my question would be how he managed to keep her subdued all that time and still drive from Kelso to Eglinton?
2)Also, Mr. Fitzpatrick I believe was his name said that the suspect got to get out of the car to get something from the back, yet the other person didn't came out, so was it because she was either dead already or her mouth might have been covered and she could have been tied, or fainted? I think that she was dead soon enough after this seeing.
3) As the car was in Eglinton and the next testimony of someone seeing the car was early hours of the morning when the car came out of View Street on Sydney rd, to me it means, that the driver spent the rest of the hours in the Kelso, Laffing Waters area and could have disposed of the body there and ran back towards Oberon to get rid of the rest of evidence. Was the Eglinton Duramana back to Kelso area checked?
4) Could Vanessa remember the suspects face features and have her description penciled down? Maybe with today's technology even attempt an ageing effect?
5) the blanket in the photo looks reddish but being an old photo could actually be the orange colour seen on the back of car? Also, is there any descriptions on what items were found apart from the female clothing, it seems to be more than just undies?
6) when the suspect stopped on Hereford street first time, didn't even think that this might go wrong? and I wonder if he really thought that Jess would just give herself to him. This is something that really bothered me, as he wasn't in the middle of nowhere, there were houses just up ahead, maybe he's never done this before? He just said, "come here", disregarding that there was someone next to him that might attack him or simply say no; we know he didn't care about Vanessa, he wanted Jess, but she was in the back and had all the opportunity to run, far better chances than Vanessa.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210927-003300_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20210927-003300_Maps.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 4
I thought about this thing all night, and I wanted to first ask if anyone on Jessica Small case is seeing this post?

I know it might be a long shot, but it's possible that someone's interpretation of the events based on what's available as findings could refresh or help authorities with different leads?

I am no professional profiler, but haven't slept all night thinking of the potential suspect's movements so thought I would share if it helps anyone?

I will presume that our suspect from Hereford street is the same with the one on Turondale Road. If the car went up into darkness it went either Bridle Track or Turondale- Turon river possible place of body disposal. I do not know how the map of the farm edges looked on that day, but we went towards Turon river and until the bridge there's nowhere really that doesn't belong to a property and have free access to a forest or river.

I feel that the suspect knew of the area otherwise he could have gone up Marsden Ln, up Limekilns road or even Sofala rd. But he went all the way to Eglinton, 10 min drive away from Kelso. And even in Eglinton he could have gone Mt.Rankin way, but he turned again on a residential street and stopped on a road with houses to subdue his pray then went up in the darkness? He had so many other closer ways to escape out of residential area, that were far closer to Hereford street. Why go all the way to Duramana? Did he knew that area well?

Mr. Fitzpatrick said he saw a whitish car, yet in the testimony of Mr. Colin Cole the white car was dirty. No one before, even Vanessa not say that the car was dirty? Could it be dirty because the suspect took it maybe through a river and then dirt road and that would have made his car dirty?

Also, the car now comes fast of View Street with no headlights and almost rolls over on the corner. That to me it says that:
1) he has no headlights because he doesn't want to be seen.
2) he's not on a main road because that would have more lights and possibly someone drive past and they're lights shining on him might show the state he is in.
3) he's driving recklessly, no lights and fast by the sound of it, hidding away in the darkness, but also running away from something he's done and for some reason I doubt he took the body with him all the way down O'Connell, because he risks to be stopped. I feel like all his actions have been reckless and not calculated, yet he used his knowledge of the area on what his next move was.

Could it be that the O'Connell disposal be a decoy and get rid of evidence on the other side of town?
Also, this person has some knowledge of the outskirts of town, the creecks and forests.

Does anyone else have tried to retraced his steps that's not authorities? I am curious to know other people's feel on this.

Thanks Tootsie.
Possibly Andrew Russell's case needs a thread.
Prime7 news...

At the video is says that the court date is Feb 16 2015.

The family have hired a private investigator named George Maloukis, and there is a facebook page called "Help Find Andrew" , the investigator believes he is narrowing down the search area due to tipoffs by phone. Worth a look

TWENTY-FIVE years ago today, NSW Central West teenager Jessica Small arranged to meet her friend in town, telling her mum she "wouldn't be home late".

Since then, her family have lived an unimaginable nightmare after Jess, just 15, was abducted after she and a friend accepted a lift from a man they did not know.

Despite the passage of time, her mum Ricki Small said she will never lose hope of one day bringing Jess home, where she can be buried with the dignity she deserves.

"Twenty-five years is heart-wrenching, and I am still hoping that one day we will bring her home," she said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zurbamommyof2
Back