Australia Australia - Krystal Fraser, 23, Pyramid Hill, Vic, 20 June 2009

Ms Fraser's friend Nicholas Dingfelder told the inquest on Tuesday he had bumped into her on a train on the night of June 20.

They chatted about housing, he asked when she was due to give birth and she said she was being induced the next day.

The pair were getting off the train together at Pyramid Hill when Mr Dingfelder noticed a man walking on the train tracks about five or six metres from them.

"He had his hands in his pockets and he was kicking train rocks and I didn't think anything of it at first," he said.

"She said 'I've gotta get going, he's going to get angry at me'."

Ms Fraser went to meet the man, who Mr Dingfelder described as being stocky with short brown hair and sporting a fresh haircut.

He said the man seemed agitated and was well-dressed, wearing a black suede jacket, jeans and "looked like he had a bit of money".

The last person to see Krystal Fraser alive saw her get into a red station wagon with an unknown man who told her “get in, get in”.

He said he did not tell police because he believed the station wagon belonged to an officer.

The last person to see Krystal Fraser alive saw her get into a red station wagon with an unknown man who told her “get in, get in”.

He said he did not tell police because he believed the station wagon belonged to an officer.
But also, "Mr Glennie said Ms Fraser left his house, crossed the road and walked in the direction of her mother’s house, which was three doors down." So when did he see her get into into the red car?

JUL 17, 2022
[...]

Mr Jenkinson is one of three men listed in the inquest as the possible father of Ms Fraser's unborn child.

[...]

Phone records showed Ms Fraser received a 40-second call from that public phone box at 11.59pm on the night she disappeared.

Call logs also showed Ms Fraser called Mr Jenkinson's landline number from her mobile phone on June 18 and 19 but those calls also lasted for about 20 seconds.

Det Sen Const Thexton told the coroner he believed Ms Fraser "met with foul play" on June 20, 2009.

[...]

Detective Senior Constable Brett Thexton has told an inquest into Ms Fraser's disappearance he believes she spoke to Peter "PJ" Jenkinson that night.
Mr Jenkinson is one of three men listed in the inquest as the possible father of Ms Fraser's unborn child.

Phone records showed Ms Fraser and Mr Jenkinson regularly contacted each other in 2008 and 2009, the detective told the coroner on Monday.

But Mr Jenkinson stopped calling Ms Fraser from his mobile phone and landline number after a nine-minute phone call between the pair on May 13, 2009, he said.

It was from that date Ms Fraser began receiving calls from a phone box in Leitchville, a town 28km north of Pyramid Hill.

Phone records showed Ms Fraser received a 40-second call from that public phone box at 11.59pm on the night she disappeared.

Det Sen Const Thexton told the coroner he believed Mr Jenkinson was the person who was calling Ms Fraser from the phone box - a claim Mr Jenkinson has denied to police.

The detective alleged Mr Jenkinson told Ms Fraser to stop contacting him during their May 13 call, possibly threatening her or giving her an incentive not to contact him.

The Victorian coroner says missing Pyramid Hill woman Krystal Fraser is dead.

"Krystal died on or shortly after the early hours of June 21, 2009, near Leitchville in Victoria," Coroner Katherine Lorenz said.

"I direct the court to notify the Director of Public Prosecutions that I believe an indictable offence may have been committed in connection with Krystal's death.

"I am satisfied that Krystal did not die of natural causes.
"Further, there was no credible evidence before the court that Krystal died by suicide or other misadventure.

"If she had died in any of these circumstances, it is more likely than not that her body would have been found."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolibery
Back