GUILTY Australia - Lisa Harnum, 30, killed in 15-storey fall, Sydney, 30 July 2011 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.dailylife.com.au/dl-peop...-for-television-interview-20131130-2yhwo.html

Simon Gittany's girlfriend Rachelle Louise in negotiations for television interview

Justice Lucy McCallum had barely delivered her guilty verdict against Simon Gittany on Wednesday before an all-out media stampede ensued for access to the woman who has been by the convicted killer's side throughout the trial: his aspiring actress/bikini model girlfriend, who calls herself Rachelle Louise.

By Thursday night figures upwards of $100,000 were being bandied about as chatter zeroed in on which television network had secured the exclusive interview with Louise, who appeared to solicit media attention throughout the trial, kissing Gittany on the way to court as if on cue for the waiting media pack.

Well we knew it would happen. Money for an appeal ?????

Im glad I'm not the only one who thought she was relying on her acting.
But Logie worthy??? - I dont think so!!!

She loudly screamed his innocence as Justice McCallum declared Gittany guilty, in a performance described as ''Logie worthy'', fuelling suspicions it was all part of her grisly quest for fame - at any price.

I did not see any mascara running everywhere.
I did see reporters doing that though ... ;)

Louise's performance on Wednesday afternoon provided compelling viewing for the scores of cameras trained on her every move, especially when she chose to stand in the middle of the media pack to dramatically inhale on her cigarette as mascara streamed down her cheeks.

:facepalm:

No doubt she will do an interview with someone - as long as they give her money and probably as long as its under her control. (pht)

She is milking the death of Lisa Harnum - at the hands of her so called boyfriend - for all it worth, and being paid for it.
$100k. What a waste.
but, she will be able to buy herself a new lighter.
I hope she gets a female interviewer.

What a snake.

Reading on in the article it says if she doesn't do a deal by tomorrow she probably won't get one - end of Ratings season. Lets all hope that she holds out for more money and misses the deadline. :scared:

If this interview does go ahead I sincerely hope that RL donates her fee to a charity assisting women of domestic violence. Or perhaps a memorial for Lisa Cecilia Harnum? Nup, can't see that happening.

RL won't be doing herself any favours if she goes ahead with a paid interview of any sort. From what I've read online she has become one very despised woman.

You never know. She might take the money and run. No sharing it with Simon.

There have been times when these t.v. shows have made a moral decision and not paid for controversial interviews. I hope this is the case here and not give any money that could in some way benefit a violent manipulating murderer.

But unfortunately ratings come before doing the right moral thing.

I am new here but have read a great deal about this case, including a lot of comments in this thread from sleuthers, and also the full final judgement from Justice McCallum.

I am curious about something.

It was said in the judgement that Lisa changed the password on the Hidden Camera monitoring system the night before her death / early morning. (The surveillance cameras, which by the way she knew about all along - as it was installed with her presence and she was given access and the password - however she didn't know Simon had changed the focus of the cameras to be on her rather than for door entrance way security).

I find this odd - , as it would be rather obvious that changing the password without telling him, would anger him when he tried to login and couldn't...(which is it said he tried to do 3 times in that early morning, and then he finally approached her in bed to ask if she had changed the password)...I mean, it was said she was particularly fearful, on edge and distressed in those final 12 hours...why would she risk doing something that could tip him over the edge and incite a rage in him? Was it...she just had a moment of anger and retaliation? Rather than self-preservation? Possibly I guess...but...not too wise...?

Is it recorded in evidence that those login attempts actually ocurred and Simon didn't just make up this story? It could even be possible he staged the password changing story as well...although I'm not sure exactly why he would do this. But there could be a reason.

The password was changed to
{TRUST}. Now that I think about it I'm inclined towards Simon changing it for one of his alibis. He told so many stories just don't know what his reason was for changing it . He obviously thought it was in his interest to spin the line that she changed it. That is if he was the one who changed it.

Detectives of various squads will often have their own code of dress for particular occasions, including court appearances, funerals etc. It is a sign of unity between the men and women who have worked together on a case. Sometimes it is simply a tie clip or lapel badge they wear but the message of unity it conveys is very strong.

Thanks for this info Makara. They certainly look impressive as a unified team! Their bond looks strong. Honestly, what would we do without them?!

{TRUST}. Now that I think about it I'm inclined towards Simon changing it for one of his alibis. He told so many stories just don't know what his reason was for changing it . He obviously thought it was in his interest to spin the line that she changed it. That is if he was the one who changed it.

Riiight! - I remember thinking to myself, when I was reading the judgement about the password being changed to 'Trust', I wonder if SG made that up about Lisa changing it?. I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if he did!.

Riiight! - I remember thinking to myself, when I was reading the judgement about the password being changed to 'Trust', I wonder if SG made that up about Lisa changing it?. I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if he did!.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it was part of his ever-changing story to try to make his actions fit the facts.

“I didn’t know if the cameras were on or off. Cecilia (Lisa) changed the password so I couldn’t get in and see. I thought they were off (because I never monitored her), but she may have turned them on. That’s why I sounded confused and told police they were off, then told them I hoped they were on”.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it was part of his ever-changing story to try to make his actions fit the facts.

“I didn’t know if the cameras were on or off. Cecilia (Lisa) changed the password so I couldn’t get in and see. I thought they were off (because I never monitored her), but she may have turned them on. That’s why I sounded confused and told police they were off, then told them I hoped they were on”.

Uh huh :yes:

<snipped>
291 At many times in his evidence, the accused struck me as a person playing a role, telling a story which fitted neatly with the objective evidence but which did no more than that. His account often appeared to rest on borrowed detail, lacking the richness and subtlety of actual experience.

http://www.caselaw.nsw.gov.au/action/PJUDG?jgmtid=168447

And don't you have to have the original password to change a password? Like Lisa ever had the original password .... pfft!!

That might have given her a modicum of control over her own life!

Im glad I'm not the only one who thought she was relying on her acting.
But Logie worthy??? - I dont think so!!!

I did not see any mascara running everywhere.
I did see reporters doing that though ... ;)

:facepalm:

No doubt she will do an interview with someone - as long as they give her money and probably as long as its under her control. (pht)

She is milking the death of Lisa Harnum - at the hands of her so called boyfriend - for all it worth, and being paid for it.
$100k. What a waste.
but, she will be able to buy herself a new lighter.
I hope she gets a female interviewer.

What a snake.

Yes ... she looks pretty grief-stricken, doesn't she? As she takes video/photos to include as 'real footage' in her upcoming movie .... IMO

article-0-19B23B5300000578-494_634x425.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...on-Gittany-killed-fianc-e-make-film-case.html

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...-who-admired-her/story-fni0cx4q-1226772154294

How Simon Gittany Destroyed a Teen Beauty, from One Who Admired Her
AMY DALE THE SUNDAY TELEGRAPH NOVEMBER 30, 2013

WHEN he thinks of Lisa Harnum, high-school friend Alex Melconian remembers a smiley, outgoing girl who melted every boy's heart and couldn't resist going to a dance."It's just awful. I don't know how Lisa got involved with a dipshit like that." "It breaks my heart to know that happened to her," Mr Melconian said. "She deserved so much love, she was such a sweetheart."

I am new here but have read a great deal about this case, including a lot of comments in this thread from sleuthers, and also the full final judgement from Justice McCallum.

I am curious about something.

It was said in the judgement that Lisa changed the password on the Hidden Camera monitoring system the night before her death / early morning. (The surveillance cameras, which by the way she knew about all along - as it was installed with her presence and she was given access and the password - however she didn't know Simon had changed the focus of the cameras to be on her rather than for door entrance way security).

I find this odd - , as it would be rather obvious that changing the password without telling him, would anger him when he tried to login and couldn't...(which is it said he tried to do 3 times in that early morning, and then he finally approached her in bed to ask if she had changed the password)...I mean, it was said she was particularly fearful, on edge and distressed in those final 12 hours...why would she risk doing something that could tip him over the edge and incite a rage in him? Was it...she just had a moment of anger and retaliation? Rather than self-preservation? Possibly I guess...but...not too wise...?

Is it recorded in evidence that those login attempts actually ocurred and Simon didn't just make up this story? It could even be possible he staged the password changing story as well...although I'm not sure exactly why he would do this. But there could be a reason.

The password wasn't for the cameras.

It was for the stalking software that was tracking her phone.

I don't really find it odd at all. If you ignore SG's statements that he told her about it - that he confessed - view it from Lisa's side for a moment

For months and months, any time you've had the slightest vent, or any message to anyone - he has mysteriously known about it.

He palmed this off as being so "in tune" with you.

You got punished for 'thoughts' you've never articulated to him through his moods and behaviour.

You discover this exceptional breach of trust and privacy. But you also fear the person.

You've just confided in your personal trainer and counsellor. Even though these people are new to your life - the warmth and care they display makes you feel safe.

Then suddenly, SG claims your newfound confidant has told him everything about your escape plans. You lash out at her - for betraying your confidence.

But all your trainer says is "it wasn't me, and I will still help you". This is reiterated by your counsellor."

It's the final straw that makes you realise all the people that have been alienated from your life through that game of Simon SAYS.

You decide to trust these new people.

You discover the software.

Perhaps there was a confrontation about it - the day before she died.

And SG apologised, swore it would never happen again. Trust me. I promise I will never do it again.

Got on the computer. Logged in, in front of Lisa. Turned it off.

And then - to make sure he can't ever do that again, once he goes to sleep. You change the password. Not to something uncrackable. But to something that would remind him of the promise. Of the thing that was missing in their relationship.

I'm sure that the events followed what the Judge has found.

That SG got up and tried to log in.

Each failed attempt made him angrier. This was "proof" that she was going to escape. Proof that he was losing her once and for all.

And the trust barb - trust being the password - was the final insult to his inadequacies and insecurities.

(I posted a few threads back that I was proud of this act of standing up for herself. Of knowing what he did was so grossly wrong. Of Lisa finally realising she was worth so much more than SG).

I just want to say: I am NOT victim blaming at all here. She is completely without fault. And in terms of provocation, a person stopping your invasion of privacy would not cause a reasonable person to commit murder. A reasonable person would be deeply ashamed and apologetic.

As much as is coming to light about his past now, LH had no reason to believe that SG wasn't a reasonable person. No reason to believe he was a narcissistic psychopath.

Btw WELCOME Ella!

I'm just going through the transcript again to make sure I don't have it wrong, but I'm fairly certain it wasn't the cameras. It was the phone software.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/lisa-harn...nce-shouldnt-be-tolerated-20131130-2yif6.html

Lisa Harnum's Brother Jason Harnum: Violence Shouldn't be Tolerated
by Emma Partridge, Crime Reporter,
December 1, 2013

http://images.smh.com.au/2013/11/30/4970085/mb_wide_harnum-20131130213301609303-620x349.jpg Photo of Lisa and her brother.

The older brother of Lisa Cecilia Harnum is heartbroken.
Jason Harnum said he felt great sadness that the sister he loved so much was not able to escape the abusive relationship that ended her life. The Canadian wants his sister's death to mean something and hopes it will save other women.
''If one woman can get out of an abusive relationship and survive, this would be worth it,'' he said.

''The question we always ask ourselves is if she wanted to go that day and [he] said in [his] testimony [he] told her to leave &#8230; why didn't [he] just let her leave and come home to her family?''

You are right icu nurse ...

"But when he discovered Ms Harnum had changed the password on his text monitoring program, he said he told her to pack her bags and leave the following day."

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2013/11/05/11/17/i-didn-t-throw-lisa-off-balcony-accused

Wonder how she got the original password, so that she could change the password? A lucky guess? Found it written down somewhere? She was a smarter cookie than he ever gave her credit for!

ETA: Just re-read your post. I guess he could have logged in, in front of her, and she saw it. Though I don't actually see him doing that. I can't imagine him giving an inch, especially when Lisa's mum said he had her kneeling and promising to serve him. And Lisa's mum said that Lisa told her about that in one of the last phone calls ... so I'm presuming it happened in the last days.

"But the most disturbing evidence came from Joan Harnum, who told the court how in her final days, Gittany forced Ms Harnum to kneel before him and "submit" to him."

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/20069514/simon-gittanys-girlfriend-in-violent-music-video/

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/lisa-harn...nce-shouldnt-be-tolerated-20131130-2yif6.html

Lisa Harnum's Brother Jason Harnum: Violence Shouldn't be Tolerated
by Emma Partridge, Crime Reporter,
December 1, 2013

http://images.smh.com.au/2013/11/30/4970085/mb_wide_harnum-20131130213301609303-620x349.jpg Photo of Lisa and her brother.

The older brother of Lisa Cecilia Harnum is heartbroken.
Jason Harnum said he felt great sadness that the sister he loved so much was not able to escape the abusive relationship that ended her life. The Canadian wants his sister's death to mean something and hopes it will save other women.
''If one woman can get out of an abusive relationship and survive, this would be worth it,'' he said.

''The question we always ask ourselves is if she wanted to go that day and [he] said in [his] testimony [he] told her to leave … why didn't [he] just let her leave and come home to her family?''

Yes, so very sad. The end result of this (as Mrs Harnum expressed) is there are no winners - A beautiful woman is gone, their family suffers. A person loses their freedom, their family suffers also. I just don't get it. I have formed the opinion that on 30 July 2011, two people, from very different worlds collided.

I don't believe for a second that she had any control over those cameras.

I still find it hilariously unbelieveably funny that he explained that he got up early to use the computer to watch *advertiser censored*. What does he have to do to make his mother ashamed of him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
upabigtree