Australia Australia - Marion Barter, 51, missing after trip to UK, June 1997 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weren't these the departure cards? If so, may explain why IK wrote out a card for baby, signing it herself, baby travelled with a.n.other person, then IK filled out her own card on departure. IK may have used her own original departure card for baby, or requested a new one as two required?
If IK filled it out and didn’t travel with the baby, wouldn’t the person travelling have to be on the same passport? I mean would it not raise suspicion a person travelling with a newborn on a different passport and not a relative.? Unless it was a grandparent?

With the call that was made to Crimestoppers - re body at Armidale and the Nymboida-Armidale Rd connection I think made by @BonnieB. Do we have any idea of exactly what was said and how it was said? Did they play it? Is there a transcript? I'm dying to hear it. I know they traced it to an elderly couple. Google maps Armidale Road at Grafton there's lots of things like car wreckers and cemeteries and a landfill. How long's that been there? I'm just thinking of the way things could have been said on the phone 'at Armidale' or 'out at Armidale' or 'up Armidale way' and someone who worked there was maybe told to look the other way and got the guilts later. It's close to where she was, but probably a bit too handy. I prefer @BonnieB's and Nymbodia because of the inquest questioning. Apologies if you've already been here.

And still on my boat theme! - has anyone looked into RB Aus boat ownership? I expect you already have and that question was asked around the Europe questioning, but just a thought.
Armidale Road goes from South Grafton, passing through Nymbodia to a small town called Hernani where just south it changes to Waterfall Way. Armidale Rd is approx 120km long with a lot of bushland along that road.

Edited distance

Yes, I'd like to know how that tip was worded but I'm guessing if they investigated a particular paddock in Armidale it was pretty specific. I can't imagine the tip coming from RB with his distinctive accent and I don't believe he had an accomplice.

I've checked with a few hotel/motels in Armidale hoping that they have visitor books or booking information from 1997. Unfortunately none of the current owners have any information from that era.

I'm also checking Armidale museums and art galleries. If I have any luck I'll pass it on.

On
Curious if anyone knows when these cards are filled out. Is it before getting on the plane? During the flight? After exiting the plane and entering customs?
On page 157 of the NAA report re: FDeH, the departure cards are listed by Flight # and are not alphabetical. In this case, it's BA889 departing Sydney in March 1977. (See adjoining departure cards.) If we can get this info for other flights/dates in question, we would be able to see the names etc of other passengers on that flight. However, my limited research skills have only found that these files have yet to be opened and a digital copy displayed. Maybe some WS could get further in this investigation and how to access these cards by Flight#?

There was a lot of moving around..towns and states.

Sydney (early days) (plus later on with daughter)
Belgium
Burwash
Melbourne (with son)
Tasmania (midway point)
Gold Coast (with daughter)
Ballina
Central coast

Do we have timeline of what place/town or state in what year?

juat thinking narrowing down searches to specific years and specific towns/cities/ etc

RB and DdH lived in Melbourne? Their son went to uni in Melbourne but I didn't know they lived in Melbourne?

Just going back to it again, because it is so weird to change your last name to Blum while your wife and children have DdH. His reason " because its legal to do so" I cant with this character. I don't know why it's made me annoyed again today. :rolleyes:

RB and DdH lived in Melbourne? Their son went to uni in Melbourne but I didn't know they lived in Melbourne?

Just going back to it again, because it is so weird to change your last name to Blum while your wife and children have DdH. His reason " because its legal to do so" I cant with this character. I don't know why it's made me annoyed again today. :rolleyes:
Yes I recall in the inquest saying they had lived there for a short while with their son

More on coins..

‘ a long term client’

interesting as many other clients names are mentioned.. this long term clients isn’t.

Sale 95 auction preface - News - Noble Numismatics

A while ago someone posted up a pile of links to the sale of the Coppenolle collection which also is spelled Cappenolle I think from memory. I went through what was sold in 2010 and it added up to just under $16,000. (Don't ask me why) Not bad for a pensioner!

Rereading the naa file, and find it interesting that FdH was charged in 1971 in France of Confidence Tricks (amongst other things).

I was wondering what exactly “confidence tricks” was and found this: (Confidence trick - Wikipedia)

“A confidence trick is an attempt to defraud a person or group after first gaining their trust. Confidence tricks exploit victims using their credulity, naïveté, compassion, vanity, confidence, irresponsibility, and greed. Researchers have defined confidence tricks as "a distinctive species of fraudulent conduct [...] intending to further voluntary exchanges that are not mutually beneficial", as they "benefit con operators ('con men') at the expense of their victims (the 'marks')".[1]

sounds like the old boy is up to his old tricks!

A while ago someone posted up a pile of links to the sale of the Coppenolle collection which also is spelled Cappenolle I think from memory. I went through what was sold in 2010 and it added up to just under $16,000. (Don't ask me why) Not bad for a pensioner!
Yes I’ve seen the individual coins I just hadn’t read ‘the piece I posted)

With the call that was made to Crimestoppers - re body at Armidale and the Nymboida-Armidale Rd connection I think made by @BonnieB. Do we have any idea of exactly what was said and how it was said? Did they play it? Is there a transcript? I'm dying to hear it. I know they traced it to an elderly couple. Google maps Armidale Road at Grafton there's lots of things like car wreckers and cemeteries and a landfill. How long's that been there? I'm just thinking of the way things could have been said on the phone 'at Armidale' or 'out at Armidale' or 'up Armidale way' and someone who worked there was maybe told to look the other way and got the guilts later. It's close to where she was, but probably a bit too handy. I prefer @BonnieB's and Nymbodia because of the inquest questioning. Apologies if you've already been here.

And still on my boat theme! - has anyone looked into RB Aus boat ownership? I expect you already have and that question was asked around the Europe questioning, but just a thought.

I havent heard the call, but early in the podcast Sally said that the search that eventually happened after the crimestoppers call was in a specific area off the bike track near the university in Armidale. I am pretty sure I know where this is, down to a few paddocks. The address, never disclosed, that the caller had said they lived in was also in Armidale. If anyone has any info they can share, this is my local area and am happy to ask around.

I have family living in Armidale. I just checked the photos on my iPhone and found that I rode around that bike track with my son and grandson in July 2016, well before I found out about Marion's disappearance. Someone must have some evidence that places her in Armidale. I'm looking!

I havent heard the call, but early in the podcast Sally said that the search that eventually happened after the crimestoppers call was in a specific area off the bike track near the university in Armidale. I am pretty sure I know where this is, down to a few paddocks. The address, never disclosed, that the caller had said they lived in was also in Armidale. If anyone has any info they can share, this is my local area and am happy to ask around.

I have family living in Armidale. I just checked my iPhone photos and I found that I rode around that bike track in July 2016 with my son and grandson, well before I learnt of Marion's disappearance. Someone must know something that places Marion in Armidale. I'm looking!

I know others don’t think this, but I think the real FR was a Jackarse to the team when they went there. I don’t think he should get an apology. No empathy or care for the missing woman or her family even after it was explained.
Wait .... when was FR a jackarse to the team? Did you watch the video at all, when they secretly filmed him after they knocked at his door? I beg to differ. MOO

I have family living in Armidale. I just checked my iPhone photos and I found that I rode around that bike track in July 2016 with my son and grandson, well before I learnt of Marion's disappearance. Someone must know something that places Marion in Armidale. I'm looking!
Marion went to Teachers College in Armidale? I seem to remember this information from an early podcast. Please anyone correct me if I’m wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member