Australia Australia - Marion Barter, 51, missing after trip to UK, June 1997 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he had opened a bank account fraudulently in the name of RL, when arrested he had the FDH passport?
He signed cheques too. But maybe he just got the idea for a name from the phonetics of Lauzon né? Just musings of mine really because the surname Lauzoney doesn’t exist but the surname Lauzon does. He likes to chose names that can be mispelt / pronounced to cause confusion.

I thought he had opened a bank account fraudulently in the name of RL, when arrested he had the FDH passport?

Perhaps I misunderstood but I thought he was charged with opening a bank account in the name of BERNARD DUPONT and gave his name as Roger L. Then, when searched, the police found his FDeH passport which must have been returned to him because he flew back to Australia a few weeks later.

"There's a Michael John Reid on Facebook who has Anthonian school in Philippines. There are weird Instagram of the delapidated school in Philippines. It started 1968"
I mentioned a while ago about a MJR on Facebook with a school
St. Anthony's Academy of Tuburan
Philippines.
I was scrolling through the old photos and a video by MJR , School could be closed down by now. I found a bit of info and more photos including a big old shipwreck boat. Age of this MJR looks about right although he has put a enhanced youthful profile pic on fb.
Could RB have visited him in Philippines. Might be MJR.
Thoughts?

Last edited:
Fabulously interesting, good on ya. I just love those Andersons, hey, and their ongoing sausage sagas and dramas playing out in the newspapers. Haha, he even tried to name a horse after a sausage but alas the Racing Board wouldn't allow it.
So, is it absolutely confirmed that the RGW Chairman of the Smallgoods Association is DW's father? I did notice on one of the travel cards he said "Place of birth, Western Australia", but on other cards they say they're "British", so was just a bit confused about that.
No they have both - still working on that. He was born in WA.
When I first saw their passenger cards for the 1970 trip they had all written British Australia then on the trip home 1971 they had all scratched out British and written Australia.
That gave me food for thought so found them much earlier travelling on their British passports. ( see previous post)
RGW parents divorced when he was about 26
So far I have found the RGW father remarried/ and possibly mother, and look to have some connection to a family living in England. But still going on that.

Attachments

• Walker, Robert Gordon (1).jpg
    Walker, Robert Gordon (1).jpg
    184.8 KB · Views: 41
Perhaps I misunderstood but I thought he was charged with opening a bank account in the name of BERNARD DUPONT and gave his name as Roger L. Then, when searched, the police found his FDeH passport which must have been returned to him because he flew back to Australia a few weeks later.

On the subject of the Bernard DuPont alias, there are some Trove articles about a Bernard DuPont connected to Australia in Le Courrier Australien. We have a Bernard DuPont visiting Sydney in 1973 to exhibit tapestries. Obviously WW/RB was incarcerated at the time so this would be the real Bernard DuPont. Interesting though the link given RB’s story at the inquest that he was working in tapestry design for a short time. And that the Bernard DuPont alias was a ‘friend’.

DANS LA COLONIE FRANÇAISE - LES AGENTS DU GRAND TOURISME FRANÇAIS VISITENT L’AUSTRALIE - Le Courrier Australien (Sydney, NSW : 1892 - 2011) - 30 Mar 1973

DANS LA COLONIE FRANÇAISE - ARRIVEES et DEPARTS - Le Courrier Australien (Sydney, NSW : 1892 - 2011) - 9 Mar 1973

Another interesting article in the Belgium newspapers reports a Bernard Du Pont attacked in 1967 in Nimy, Belgium.
KBR - Belgicapress
09-08-1967 Le Soir, pg4
This is a report about a motorist attacked in Belgium by two thugs. The man aged 22 is savagely struck until bystanders come to his aid and the perpetrators flee the scene.

Los Zuñi were a tribe descending from the Pueblo civilization in the Pre-Columbian area of south-west North America. Listening to Google translate Spanish, it sounds extremely like "Lauzoney". WW studied Pre-Columbian history at the Academy in Brussels, so on the spur of the moment, maybe this was the origin of this alias!

"In Knokke-Heist, in the judiciary district of Bruges, between 1 and 30 September 1976 forged the signature of LAZONEY or LAUZONEY Roger on an application for a current account with the Krediebank, Knokke-Heist branch, and had cheques made out in the name of Roger LAZONEY drawn on that bank."

When we are wondering about where all RB's money might be, I don't think anyone has thought about cryptocurrency.

Criminals laundered $8.6bn (£6.4bn) of cryptocurrency in 2021, up by 30% from the previous year, a report by blockchain data company Chainalysis says. It says police could strike a "huge blow" by targeting key services used to launder cryptocurrency by criminals. (26 Jan 2022)

Following on from this great find about RGW job! I have a bit more to add.

RGW mother, Elizabeth Caroline nee Anderson ( divorced from RGW father 1932) 1932) IN DIVORCE. - (Before the Judge in Divorce, Mr. Justice Boyce, and a jury.) IRELAND v IRELAND. - The Sydney Morning Herald (NSW : 1842 - 1954) - 7 Mar 1939

WAS THE DAUGHTER of Alfred William Anderson an Australian butcher and entrepreneur.
He was in all sorts of dealings butcher, foodstuffs manufacturer , frozen meat exporter, grazier, meatworks owner, racehorse breeder , racehorse owner , ship owner, whaler.

He was in and out of court for a variety of things.... just about every month he was in the paper - search his name

*some are funny
ADULTERATION OF SAUSAGES - The Sun (Sydney, NSW : 1910 - 1954) - 24 Jul 1944
A W Anderson. The City Council had before it at last meeting the long-drawn-out case of the firm of

BUT his big claim to fame was 2 big two companies, A. W. Anderson Pty Ltd and Anderson's Sausages Pty Ltd.
Biography - Alfred William Anderson - Australian Dictionary of Biography
Alfred Anderson (entrepreneur) - Wikipedia

If you follow the link where it says Byron Bay:
NSW. Abattoirs List A-Z

It will lead you here:
Byron Bay #?. NSW

Reading all the way to the end, it is VERY INTERESTING .
In 1968 when the Andersons sell the works to FJ Walker it becomes even more tangled.

F J Walker Limited - Archives
( Frederic Joseph Walker Esq pioneered primary industry in Australia. F.J. Walker was a prominent City businessman, and founder of the company that bears his name.)

https://documents.parliament.qld.gov.au/events/han/1967/1967_10_25.pdf ( see attachment)

Geoff Tancred: an extraordinary life

Vale Geoff Tancred - Beef Central

WHICH leads to that great find by another sleuth this past week -
https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/103961825?searchTerm=Reid Bourke Butcher

Overseas Containers - Wikipedia

EDIT - I dont know why the occupations are dropping links- just ignore it.

" Purveyors of fine meats " .....:)

coincidentally the Walkers i tracked were also founders of early pastoral history in Australia with beginnings in WA and eventually in Northern NSW and QLD and had a family history in political positions and influence in Sydney .

It is hardly surprising with all the connections considering the population at the time was under 10 million Australia wide and the fact that Australia was foundered and prospered " off the sheep's back " .

It would have been easy for akka and co to mix it up with each other regardless of their income status and easy to see he would have liked to keep up with the Jones's .
And easy to see how Ilona may have met a MJR with connections . Was MJR related to John Reid of Overseas Containers I wonder ?

Random. Marion said the man in the car that night was a friend from the Arts Centre. I see the Gold Coast Arts Centre, as it was then called, had a, "Arts Cafe" added in 1996. H'mm, what would be the chances ......
Does anyone know what month in 1996 this cafe was opened, just curious?

Random. Marion said the man in the car that night was a friend from the Arts Centre. I see the Gold Coast Arts Centre, as it was then called, had a, "Arts Cafe" added in 1996. H'mm, what would be the chances ......
Does anyone know what month in 1996 this cafe was opened, just curious?

To be honest I am not convinced it was HOTA.
I have a background in the arts and I sort of find this gallery is not something that RB would just stumble upon and maybe organise a meet up with MR and it doesn't necessarily exhibit art that MB would be drawn to if we look at her collection that SL speaks of.

It has no connection to his ammo in my opinion.
His web is always connected to something in his life, which is why it is so difficult to untangle!

I am sitting more with Dalozza Gallery which exhibits paintings that MB would be more drawn to. IMO

AND it does have a connection to wonka ;):rolleyes:

Dalozzo Art Gallery | Marina Mirage | Gold Coast

Meet the owner :)

Lucette Dalozzo | Dalozzo Art

Last edited:
I have a background in the arts and I sort of find this gallery is not something that RB would just stumble upon and maybe organise a meet up with MR and it doesn't necessarily exhibit art that MB would be drawn to if we look at her collection that SL speaks of.

His web is always connected to something in his life, which is why it is so difficult to untangle!

I am sitting more with Dalozza Gallery which exhibits paintings that MB would be more drawn to. IMO

I have tried editing that Initial but there must be a glitch. Obviously it is meant to be MB - not R

Yes Lucette was born in Belgium so that's RB's possible connection. But why did MB feel the need to lie about where she met RB?

When we are wondering about where all RB's money might be, I don't think anyone has thought about cryptocurrency.

Criminals laundered $8.6bn (£6.4bn) of cryptocurrency in 2021, up by 30% from the previous year, a report by blockchain data company Chainalysis says. It says police could strike a "huge blow" by targeting key services used to launder cryptocurrency by criminals. (26 Jan 2022)
Yes. I thought about crypto, I found a Facebook page in the name on Willie van C with red text in the profile picture. Something about Crypto.

Yes on Facebook 3 profiles for Willie Van C. Probably same person as they share common friend (Cecilia). Surprise surprise. Bitcoin promotion ! In Belgium. Hohoho whatdoyaknow

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220331_171916~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20220331_171916~2.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot_20220331_171943~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20220331_171943~2.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 41
  • Screenshot_20220331_171614~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20220331_171614~2.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 39
Yes Lucette was born in Belgium so that's RB's possible connection. But why did MB feel the need to lie about where she met RB?
Estelle I guess one could ask the same about why MB would take off in her car when S saw her at the fuel station.
IF we had all the answers we wouldn't have to try and solve anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592