Australia Australia - Marion Barter - Missing After Trip to UK - June 1997 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe the dutch dentist is AKA?

Can't have been as Marion had already been associating in person with RB prior to this point, that much we do know for sure as a) Sally and her partner saw him and Marion in the car; b) RB himself has admitted at Inquest having an intimate relationship with Marion.

I also wonder who this 'dentist' was.

“Ilona sent Evelyn home on a plane back to her mother to care (more out of desperation than anything) for her and Ilona got a job on the cruise (not a holiday) to get back home herself. She met MR on the ship whilst working is my understanding. Sally”
so mishy, you are saying Sally's timeline may be incorrect ? The alternative is IK left baby with a friend while she worked on a cruise ship to get the fare to go home, then in May baby flies back to Europe and IK flies out of Australia a couple of days later. Is that your understanding? Still then can't see why IK did not fly with baby, especially as no airfare involved for babies under 2 years old. all MOO

so mishy, you are saying Sally's timeline may be incorrect ? The alternative is IK left baby with a friend while she worked on a cruise ship to get the fare to go home, then in May baby flies back to Europe and IK flies out of Australia a couple of days later. Is that your understanding? Still then can't see why IK did not fly with baby, especially as no airfare involved for babies under 2 years old. all MOO
I suspect that IK wanted her mother to look after her baby so she asked her friend to take him to her mother in Belgium until she established herself again.

Was AKA already living in Lille, France so IK went to live with him again to sort things out with him (divorce?) until he went to jail? Then she probably went to her mother's place and lived there with baby until MR arrived.

Can't have been as Marion had already been associating in person with RB prior to this point, that much we do know for sure as a) Sally and her partner saw him and Marion in the car; b) RB himself has admitted at Inquest having an intimate relationship with Marion.

I was thinking this might be the story he fed her..that he is dutch and a dentist, and then she could mention that she met him in Uk while on holidays, to then introduce to her family?

could have been Marions way of introducing RB to her story, a Dutch dentist she met on her travels, rather than someone she met in Aus and didn't tell her family she was travelling with him. Who knows what story RB had spun on Marion or what ridiculous fantasy he had convinced her to go along with, or what he was pretending to do for a job at the time. Personally, I think it was probably just a person she met and really had nothing to do with anything but who knows with this story!

Whatever the spin was, getting her to change both her first and last name it must have been farfetched.

I think absolutely it is significant, and assumed the charge was part of the allusion in the MPMB Facebook post about IK. Something like that being a complicated time in IK’s life and not someone else’s story to tell. IMO JMO

I really feel for IK’s child in this because now we know MJR a) exists [I was convinced he was an RB alias] and b) is still alive Im even more concerned about why her childhood was so awful .

Pain and destruction follow this crap head RB around eh
Is he a an anomaly or are there other equally awful people operating as lifelong middling fraudsters and crime with a string of broken lives in their wake?

JMO imo etc
Remember Kaleidoscopes (I know I had one as a child)? This story is like one. Lots of little pieces that form a pattern and then…sudden twist…the pieces align differently and you are looking at a new pattern!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greygooose