Deceased/Not Found AUSTRALIA - Ms Lesley Trotter, 78, Homicide, Brisbane, 28 Mar 2023 #2

SLouTh

In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
Reaction score

Police establish multiple crime scenes after missing Brisbane woman ruled deceased as dozens of detectives comb through evidence​

Police have ruled missing woman Lesley Trotter deceased after the 78-year-old was reported missing more than a week ago.

Superintendent Massingham — the regional crime coordinator for the Brisbane region — said it was believed that Ms Trotter died between midnight on Monday, March 27 and midday Tuesday, March 28.

He said more than 40 detectives were at the scene on Friday, continuing their investigations around Ms Trotter's apartment complex and a neighbouring unit block.

Thread #1

Woman falls into a wheelie bin.

Yes it is a soapie but goes to show that it's possible for someone to fall in and have the lid close and the bin stay upright.

So, firstly, taking this video as serious - like I speculated - she's standing on a box so her weight is over the bin. It wouldn't work if she was standing on the ground, her centre of balance would be too low.

Secondly, that is literally a soap opera, as you know, so not only would that have been done by a stunt person with a big pillow in the bottom, it would totally be held in place by bolts or cables so that it couldn't tip up and a) spoil the shot and b) hurt the stunt person. Also there were at least two 'cuts' in the sequence of leaning, falling, lid closing. Those bits were all filmed separately then put together. The magic of television. It's an idea, but it's not exactly Mythbusters.

(I love you all, but I'm still not doing it for real, as much as I would like to explore the science of it practically. Our bins aren't awful, but they're still places where garbage goes. :D)

MOO

I still think that it's possible she fell in by accident.

I have seen heavy objects being put into bins and not once did the bin fall over.

And I think that it's possible to lean over and fall into a bin whether the bin is free standing or not, or whether you are standing on something or not.

Last edited:
I still think that it's possible she fell in by accident.

I have seen heavy objects being put into bins and not once did the bin fall over.

And I think that it's possible to lean over and fall into a bin whether the bin is free standing or not, or whether you are standing on something or not.
Absolutely, this is all theoretical.

Without doing it, I have no idea.

Didn't they find blood somewhere away from the bins? Is it possible she was injured before the bin incident happened? If she had, say, a head injury, it would probably make it more dangerous to lean into a bin. Dizzy, leaning down, maybe your balance isn't too hot... I'm thinking of this because I got lightly concussed clearing my uncle's hoarder property a number of years ago (don't ask). It barely made me bleed, but I just kind of collapsed to my butt and my ears were ringing. Leslie was moving house. I wonder if there was any sign she might have hurt herself in the home, maybe moving something heavy.

MOO

I could not open the above posted article, either.
But this one appears to be more recent.

I DO remember theh word homicide in the title early on. I was trying to figure out why....

Thanks for posting.

Interested to see where this goes next. Seems to be quiet now whilst police continue investigating

It is disheartening to have no updates or news on the search for Leslie.

St Aidens mentioned on their alumni news that Leslie had been a teacher at the school from 1974 - 2000. So retired for a long while. That’s the only new (or new to me) information I’ve come by.

It is disheartening to have no updates or news on the search for Leslie.

St Aidens mentioned on their alumni news that Leslie had been a teacher at the school from 1974 - 2000. So retired for a long while. That’s the only new (or new to me) information I’ve come by.
It's sometimes the hardest thing about following missing persons or Does... often, we don't get resolution or answers.

The ones we do get, especially after a long time, feel like miracles. But not all are going to be that way. Sometimes, it's not meant to be.

I really do feel for Lesley's family and friends. I hope they're able to celebrate and grieve her in a way that feels meaningful for them, without the closure of her remains to bury. Barring a miracle, I don't see her being found after this long, which makes me very sad.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DannyRichard2006!
Back