Australia- Nine people stabbed including 9 month baby @ the Westfield Shopping Centre in Bondi Junction, suspect fatally shot, Sydney, 13 April 2024

Bondi massacre: Faraz Tahir’s family arrives for son’s funeral on what should have been 31st birthday​

The family of Bondi massacre victim Faraz Tahir has arrived in Sydney from Pakistan, making an emotional visit to view his body on what should have been his 31st birthday.

Mr Tahir, a security guard at Westfield’s Bondi Junction shopping centre, lost his life while defending others during Joel Cauchi’s stabbing rampage on April 13.

The health of the nine-month-old baby who was stabbed in the Bondi Junction attack on Saturday has improved again, with her condition upgraded to stable at Sydney Children's Hospital this afternoon.

NSW Health officials made the announcement this afternoon, after the child had previously been in a serious but stable condition.
The head of Australia's peak mental health body has resigned over what he labelled government inaction following decades of underfunding and inattention.

This comes a little more than a week after a 40-year-old man with mental health problems attacked shoppers in Sydney killing six people, mostly women, with some critics saying the man fell between gaps in the system.

The family of Bondi Junction hero Faraz Tahir are gathering for his funeral, the security guard was killed as he confronted the knife-wielding man attacking women at the Westfield Shopping Centre |
@hughriminton

Video in link.

The security guard who survived the Bondi Junction massacre, Muhammad Taha, has left hospital to attend the funeral of colleague Faraz Tahir. “His last words to me were ‘let’s see what’s going on’ and we rushed towards that area.” ⁦
@10NewsFirst

1714109953446.jpeg

Prayers for a “national hero.” The funeral of slain Bondi Junction security guard Faraz Tahir.

1714110071476.jpeg

In some good news surrounding this horrific case, the young Sydney man who was incorrectly named as the Bondi Junction offender by a tv network has reached a settlement with the network. To my knowledge, it hasn’t been publicly reported how much he will receive in compensation

‘Shameful’: Mother of Bondi victim Jade Young hits out at sharing of violent images
Elizabeth Young, writing in The Sydney Morning Herald on Wednesday, said it was “shameful” how her family found out about Jade’s death.

“Members of my family recognised Jade and her husband Noel in uncensored vision being played on a mainstream TV news feed, with vision of Jade lying on the ground at the shopping centre, receiving CPR,” she wrote.

“The vision, shared on social media and picked up — and used by — multiple news media programs shared my daughter’s final moments with millions. Finding out that a loved one has been murdered is a horror that I do not wish on anyone. But seeing the vision of their last moments and knowing it has been broadcast to millions of people is an appalling breach of privacy and an insult to human dignity.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pakaberry
Back