Australia AUSTRALIA - Perth missing/murdered SK victims

WA mum’s plea to solve 40-year murder mystery

The mother of a WA girl who vanished 40 years ago says she has almost given up hope of ever learning what happened, but is optimistic a $1 million reward for information may finally solve the murder mystery.

Exactly 40 years later, her grieving mother Marion Flowers, 77, has pleaded for closure.

“She was very thoughtful and she had a lovely nature — she always smiled,” Ms Flowers said about Lisa on Friday.

“If you are still out there, Lisa, somewhere, I still love you, I still love you to bits.”

Lisa Marie Mott, 12, was last seen about 8.30pm on Forrest Street in the town of Collie on October 30, 1980.

The older brother of a teenager who disappeared during a huge storm in 1975 is 'confident' his missing sister is still alive after all these years.

Trevor McGowan, now 67, told Daily Mail Australia he believes his sibling Glenyce Rae McGowan - the woman at the centre of one of Australia's most baffling cold cases - changed her name and moved on under a new identity 46 years ago.
Huge twist in mystery of Glenyce McGowan lost during a storm in 1975 - her brother's amazing theory | Daily Mail Online

His victim had not had the best of times in her 30 years on Earth. Pauline Turner was born with a hole in the heart and she had also seen her seven year marriage collapse. It produced three boys, the older two were diagnosed as hyperactive

and Pauline had voluntarily put them in the care of foster parents. At the time of her death in February, 1993, she had not long moved into a new home with her youngest son Jamie, who was aged two, and looking forward to starting a new life with a new partner.

Although her heart condition slowed her down, Pauline was determined to make the best of things and every fortnight treated herself to a night out at Drewids nightclub in Lowesmoor with friends.

It was there on the Saturday night of February 13, she encountered Darren Leslie Gale, drunk on 11 pints of lager, who was five years younger than her and on the prowl for sex.

A finisher at a glass fibre factory, he had already tried to fix up sex sessions with two other women he met at the club that night, but was rebuffed each time. Then across the dance floor he saw Pauline.
CRIME FILES: Spurned man killed mother and daughter in Valentine's Day attack

PCC is an acronym for Perth City Council?
I was at the Parmelia recently. When Julie was working there the staff parking was underneath where the valet parking is now. To get there from Julianas she would have used the internal staff elevator near the internal entrance to Julianas, which is now an executive vip area called Margos.

If you click on the lick John Cooke says 'he was aquainted with Julie from the time he spent at WAIT'
Perth was very small compared to now I lived there in the 1980's, pretty much people got to know each other through hotels, workplace ,nightclubs etc I had not studied much into Julie Cutler case until a few days ago. While refreshing my memory about I stumbled on a interveiw with her friend who had left to go oversea just before Julie disappearance, I knew Julie's friend, she was in the the same theater group/school I was in in 1986-1988 before she went oversea. Julia did visit the Theatre School as well as other Theatre Groups often to do open day sessions, watch performances or do Theater sports, so her and mine paths had crossed.(In more ways than once) Kind of comparing or checking out rival theatre group anyone interested in acting did it.
(People have wonder if Julie was the first victim of the Claremont Killer, I am not sure but from what I know/remember Telecom (now Telstra) main office was in Wellington Street(Or near it) it was on the oppisite side and further up from now gone Perth Entertainment Center, street has been altered since I been there, but there was a theater school on Wellington Street called Chimera Acting School. Chimera Acting School was in Dyer Street until November/December 1986 where it moved to 189 Wellington Street was there when I was last visited in 1990's. Further up Wellington Street in Subiaco was another Drama/Dance Studio I cannot remember it name. There were a few others around Perth, one was the floor above, Gilkison Dance Studio, Young Australia League Building.
Why I say crossed paths more than once but I don't remember her, not only due to theater but also is because she worked at the Parmilea Hilton, I was working at the Perth Domestic Airport from beginning of 1987 until Febuary 1988, I would catch the bus in the lane which was behind the Pamilea Hilton Hotel(Looking on Google Map so much has changed) I would walk down Mercantille Lane from St Geogres Tcc to catch bus close to 8am . In 1987,there was not much buildings behind the Parmelia Hilton like now, from memory it was pretty bare but there was construction going on the left side of the lanewayjust behind the dark marble building in St Geogres Tcc a least a half a building block where Wilson parking Building is now. In Febuary 1988,where Wilson Parking is , it was still grass land being used as a car park, so was the right side was grass land used as carpark as well around the Swan River area, I remember just before Wilson Parking building now, between two building there was a car park which I remember seeing Hotel staff parking there early morning as it was behind the hotel. The laneway is a lot smaller from when I was last there in 1988. But it was well lit. If Julie Cutler was attacked in the carpark lane way area, months before the Hotel was informed no female was to be in the area alone as it was dangerous
It was here in 1987 there were two serious assaults on women ,which accured months apart, I and customers were informed by the Met Bus Driver about it we were told not to go down the lane but wait at the corner of St Geogres Tcc at top of the lane until we saw him/he sees us walk down as he turn down. First assault was in the car park, It was between April/May after 10pm, women was going to her car when she was attacked, no robbery/car not stolen,attacked from behind knocked to ground beaten up, I checked newspapers there was no reports, but I asked a friend's husband who was a Bus Driver, he confirmed it happened. I don't know if there was other attacks during the few months as I was doing Drama studies at night so was getting taxi or list to get a few hours more sleep in the morning. Due to work load and doing earlier shifts, put studies on hold after August I know the passengers and I were able to resume to wait for Driver in the Laneway that was around 7am. However in November 1987, the second assault accurred this time it was a female passenger in the laneway at 6.30 am, she had serious head injuries, warnings was put out we were to avoid being there alone, after that I caught the taxi if doing the earlier shift, I forgot one time just before I left Perth, Bus Driver gave me a huge ticking off. I know sadly Julie Cutler disappeared June 1988, but surely the hotel knew what happened months earlier and had warned staff.

Perth was very small compared to now I lived there in the 1980's, pretty much people got to know each other through hotels, workplace ,nightclubs etc I had not studied much into Julie Cutler case until a few days ago. While refreshing my memory about I stumbled on a interveiw with her friend who had left to go oversea just before Julie disappearance, I knew Julie's friend, she was in the the same theater group/school I was in in 1986-1988 before she went oversea. Julia did visit the Theatre School as well as other Theatre Groups often to do open day sessions, watch performances or do Theater sports, so her and mine paths had crossed.(In more ways than once) Kind of comparing or checking out rival theatre group anyone interested in acting did it.
(People have wonder if Julie was the first victim of the Claremont Killer, I am not sure but from what I know/remember Telecom (now Telstra) main office was in Wellington Street(Or near it) it was on the oppisite side and further up from now gone Perth Entertainment Center, street has been altered since I been there, but there was a theater school on Wellington Street called Chimera Acting School. Chimera Acting School was in Dyer Street until November/December 1986 where it moved to 189 Wellington Street was there when I was last visited in 1990's. Further up Wellington Street in Subiaco was another Drama/Dance Studio I cannot remember it name. There were a few others around Perth, one was the floor above, Gilkison Dance Studio, Young Australia League Building.
Why I say crossed paths more than once but I don't remember her, not only due to theater but also is because she worked at the Parmilea Hilton, I was working at the Perth Domestic Airport from beginning of 1987 until Febuary 1988, I would catch the bus in the lane which was behind the Pamilea Hilton Hotel(Looking on Google Map so much has changed) I would walk down Mercantille Lane from St Geogres Tcc to catch bus close to 8am . In 1987,there was not much buildings behind the Parmelia Hilton like now, from memory it was pretty bare but there was construction going on the left side of the lanewayjust behind the dark marble building in St Geogres Tcc a least a half a building block where Wilson parking Building is now. In Febuary 1988,where Wilson Parking is , it was still grass land being used as a car park, so was the right side was grass land used as carpark as well around the Swan River area, I remember just before Wilson Parking building now, between two building there was a car park which I remember seeing Hotel staff parking there early morning as it was behind the hotel. The laneway is a lot smaller from when I was last there in 1988. But it was well lit. If Julie Cutler was attacked in the carpark lane way area, months before the Hotel was informed no female was to be in the area alone as it was dangerous
It was here in 1987 there were two serious assaults on women ,which accured months apart, I and customers were informed by the Met Bus Driver about it we were told not to go down the lane but wait at the corner of St Geogres Tcc at top of the lane until we saw him/he sees us walk down as he turn down. First assault was in the car park, It was between April/May after 10pm, women was going to her car when she was attacked, no robbery/car not stolen,attacked from behind knocked to ground beaten up, I checked newspapers there was no reports, but I asked a friend's husband who was a Bus Driver, he confirmed it happened. I don't know if there was other attacks during the few months as I was doing Drama studies at night so was getting taxi or list to get a few hours more sleep in the morning. Due to work load and doing earlier shifts, put studies on hold after August I know the passengers and I were able to resume to wait for Driver in the Laneway that was around 7am. However in November 1987, the second assault accurred this time it was a female passenger in the laneway at 6.30 am, she had serious head injuries, warnings was put out we were to avoid being there alone, after that I caught the taxi if doing the earlier shift, I forgot one time just before I left Perth, Bus Driver gave me a huge ticking off. I know sadly Julie Cutler disappeared June 1988, but surely the hotel knew what happened months earlier and had warned staff.
There has been quite a bit on this thread and the Claremont SK Threads about Julie Cutler and where the car was left. A couple of years there were fresh photos in newspapers that were no longer the grainy photos from before.

CUTLER, Julie Leanne
Listed for Hearing 3-4 November 2022
Adjourned: Call Over 2 September 2022 at 9:30am

Facts from WAPOL and video from her dad.

no name posted some newspaper articles at the time which you might enjoy reading.

From the link above a few inquests for long term missing murdered. There may be more.

Coroner is hearing the cases below:

CUTLER, Julie Leanne

MITCHELL, Iveta
Listed for Hearing 22-24 November 2022

Missing from North in WA.
MILGIN, Richard
Listed for Hearing 6 December 2022

There has been quite a bit on this thread and the Claremont SK Threads about Julie Cutler and where the car was left. A couple of years there were fresh photos in newspapers that were no longer the grainy photos from before.

CUTLER, Julie Leanne

Facts from WAPOL and video from her dad.

no name posted some newspaper articles at the time which you might enjoy reading.

Thank you DRT, For the information. Currently catching up on the information, some details I am trying to go through as it shaken me up a bit

Thanks DRT - 03 Nov is a Thur for Julie Cutlers "hearing" - can anyone attend a Coroners ?
I will try to attend
Not sure about attendance. I know there is a final report like a legal decision which I am assuming takes a few months to produce. Like with judge only decisions there is a detailed report. There are a couple of well known cases there like Shirley Finn and Sara-Lee Davey.

Inquest brought up possible suicide but likely result is Julie will be declared dead but cause is unknown.

The results will be written up by the coroner. Not expected that it is the Claremont Serial Killer Bradley Robert Edwards.

A day and a half was the length of the inquest.

Day 1 Iveta Mitchell's inquest. Most suspects have been eliminated. The husband Chad cannot be eliminated.

Ms Mitchell hasn't been seen since the early hours of May 3, 2010, when her husband Chad Mitchell said she left her home in Meares Avenue in Parmelia.

Mr Mitchell's account was they'd had an argument and the last time he saw her, she was walking away from the house after smoking a cigarette.

The court was told she left without her handbag, mobile phone and car keys.

Her eldest son Peter reported her missing the following day.

Ms Mitchell had three children, Peter, 18, Alana, 14 and seven-year-old Kyle, whose father was Chad Mitchell.

She was known to wear rings on "almost all her fingers", and had multiple piercings.

Ms Markham said Ms Mitchell almost never took off her jewellery, which she described as her own "financial safety net".

On May 16, Mr Mitchell contacted police to say he'd discovered Iveta's wedding and engagement rings left on the doormat.

But Acting Inspector Senior Sergeant Paul Robinson told the court while Mr Mitchell had identified the rings as his wife's, only his DNA was found on them.

A couple of more articles.

Likely result of the inquest is that Iveta Mitchell will be declared dead likely from foul play.

From the link above a few inquests for long term missing murdered. There may be more.

Coroner is hearing the cases below:

CUTLER, Julie Leanne

MITCHELL, Iveta
Listed for Hearing 22-24 November 2022

Missing from North in WA.
MILGIN, Richard
Listed for Hearing 6 December 2022

Julie reported an attempt to run her off the road on Stirling Highway near Eric St. Eric st leads down to the Ocean Beach Hotel, not far from where her car was discovered weeks later ditched in the ocean opposite Forrest st, Cottesloe. This occurred in 1988 when another convicted was running amok, breaking into houses, in a time when the Kimono was being held up on television. Numerous break ins, as did happen in Julies flat.

("Ms Cutler, whom Ms Harper recalled being drunk, said she was going to meet someone later that night, but refused to say who.

"She said 'it's a secret, I can't tell'," Ms Harper told police in 1988." ~ ABC 04-11-2022)

Last edited:
As her stepsister related, years later, she called “extremely upset. She thought whoever was in the car wanted to run her off the road or force her to pull over.”

Julie going out in a black evening dress with someone she can't mention; the secret ruse. It sounds like Jane Rimmer who had said nothing but out comes the Mystery Man at midnight where Jane had made passing comment to a family member about 'Bogsy'.

Julies size 14 Parmelia uniform is handed in 12 months later, after being left under a table at King Kebab in the CBD, not far from Julies workplace.

Last edited:

A coronial inquest into one of Western Australia's most baffling missing person cases has uncovered no new information on what happened to Julie Cutler, other than it is "beyond reasonable doubt" she is dead.

A two-day inquest in November 2022 by Deputy State Coroner Sarah Linton uncovered no new details on what happened to Ms Cutler.

In her report released on Thursday afternoon, Ms Linton was unable to determine whether Ms Cutler was a victim of homicide, or took her own life.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod
Back