Australia Australia - Peter Falconio, 28, Barrow Creek, NT, 14 Jul 2001

I reckon it has to be to draw attention to the spot. Either that or the attacker had an obsessive compulsive tidying up disorder! Attackers don't go round mopping up blood! It has to be to mark the spot, I'd say!
yes ,the mound marked the spot...if it was to absorb the blood ,then the dirt would be scraped off the road to let the morning sun dry the spot....
on a long open road like that ...it would be the perfect way to mark a vital spot ...for a person camping a short way up the road from there...

Mr Daulby concedes that the amount of blood found at the roadside after the reported attack on the couple was 'not necessarily' fatal.

Added to the intrigue is a senior police officer's comment this week that 'before you can say with absolute certainty that you have a murder investigation you need to have a body or undeniable evidence that a murder has taken place'.

just another observation....

View attachment 34306

Malouf was everywhere, but WHY was he? He freely admitted he was the person in the CCTV footage but police didn't want to know.

Hi yes , reading the excellent book FIND FALCONIO ...the multi talented ,Mr Malouf come Atkins come JEDDA seems to have the power to thumb his nose at the law...Interesting ...

Attachments

• GAt.jpg
    GAt.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 98
I had never heard of this case so I have spent a little time researching it (but I have read any of the books on this case.

From what I can tell, it all comes down to the DNA. My understanding is that some blood was found on Joanne's T-shirt and it was tested with the STR process. A profile was established and that profile became part of the official record before Murdoch was ever identified as a suspect.

If this is correct, it pretty well nails Murdoch. STR testing of a reasonably fresh sample is pretty reliable and accurate (unlike LCN process that has some problems). There is simply no way a drop of Murdoch's blood could have gotten on Joanne's t-shirt if Murdoch story is true.

The DNA was profiled by a Lab in Darwin and then the "paper" record of the results was included in the case file and compared with known profiles in various Australian Data bases before Murdoch was ever identified as a suspect and before his DNA was ever obtained. If some corrupt Police office were inclined to "frame” Murdoch, they might be able to alter the DNA profile in the Case File, but would they be able to "change" the record at the lab that did the testing and whatever data bases of "unknown suspects" are maintained? It seems pretty much impossible.

Unless I am wrong on some material facts, I'm pretty sure Murdoch is guilty and is where he belongs. Sure, he did a good job of disposing of the body and thought he was in the clear, but is was wrong.

Hi Continuum.....Is there a connection between the case you've highlighted and the Peter Falconio case?

...there is persons who do say that they had spent limited time at Largs Bay Police Academy in training and who are witness to a child rape case in regards to this case...
witness as that they are 100% sure that it happened....in his own words....
times,dates match...so is this truth? or a form of grooming??
or an un natural fetish to children??

I had never heard of this case so I have spent a little time researching it (but I have read any of the books on this case.

From what I can tell, it all comes down to the DNA. My understanding is that some blood was found on Joanne's T-shirt and it was tested with the STR process. A profile was established and that profile became part of the official record before Murdoch was ever identified as a suspect.

If this is correct, it pretty well nails Murdoch. STR testing of a reasonably fresh sample is pretty reliable and accurate (unlike LCN process that has some problems). There is simply no way a drop of Murdoch's blood could have gotten on Joanne's t-shirt if Murdoch story is true.

The DNA was profiled by a Lab in Darwin and then the "paper" record of the results was included in the case file and compared with known profiles in various Australian Data bases before Murdoch was ever identified as a suspect and before his DNA was ever obtained. If some corrupt Police office were inclined to "frame” Murdoch, they might be able to alter the DNA profile in the Case File, but would they be able to "change" the record at the lab that did the testing and whatever data bases of "unknown suspects" are maintained? It seems pretty much impossible.

Unless I am wrong on some material facts, I'm pretty sure Murdoch is guilty and is where he belongs. Sure, he did a good job of disposing of the body and thought he was in the clear, but is was wrong.

Interesting post Kemo... a little research??of a case you NEVER heard of? and you did you come to your conclusion? can I ask what drew your attention to this case you never heard of before??
care to share??

:seeya:

Hi everyone, I honestly think they got the wrong person.Drugs did play a big part in this,and I think Falconio and Lees were drug couriers.

Hello Glitters!!!!!!!!!!!! Look what I found amongst the smileys!!!
:cheers:

Yes the DNA match is hard to explain - but there are many other reasons for thinking they got the wrong man - if there was ever a man to get!
No body was found - no gunshot residue on the back of the kombi where she says the attack took place, no footprints where she says "the man" looked for her with his dog, a pool of blood with no splatter or drag marks, Lees says she hid in the bush for five hours yet she was perfectly warm when found dressed in her shorts and sandals, she refused to speak to police or assist in any way, she emailed her lover within days of Falconios disappearance and many of Falconios belongings were missing from the kombi.
Suggest you start your reading with Keith Nobles excellent book on the case -"Find Falconio" You can download it for free.

Forensic lab accreditation questioned at Falconio hearing

Posted Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:48pm AEST

The forensics laboratory where samples were analysed in the case of the man accused of murdering British backpacker Peter Falconio was not accredited in 2001, a Darwin court has heard.

Forensic scientist Carmen Eckhoff gave evidence in the Darwin Magistrates Court today.

Under cross-examination, Ms Eckhoff told the court the laboratory did not meet occupational health and safety standards.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2004-08-12/forensic-lab-accreditation-questioned-at-falconio/2024474

The forensic samples were all piled in with the police station polices cut lunches in a fridge in a corridor ....

blood sample...or a smear of vegemite?? errr only the police would know...
and the police that were there in charge...well since have been sacked or moved on...for being,well,not real good persons ...

I hope that Peter Falconio's body is found one day - so they can get answers as to what happened to him.
There is something not right with the case - there has always been questions about the way the investigation was handled.
Is Murdoch still pleading innocence after all this time?

I hope that Peter Falconio's body is found one day - so they can get answers as to what happened to him.
There is something not right with the case - there has always been questions about the way the investigation was handled.

Well he hasn't admitted that he's been involved in any way, if that's what you mean. This is another odd thing - he's shut up in prison for 28 years without parole, unless he shows some sort of remorse and tells them where Peter is. Now if this was me and I knew something - I'd say so. What reason would there be not to? Nobody wants to stay in prison longer than necessary and if you can shave a chunk off your time by confessing - well why not? So that fact that he hasn't said anything in the years he's been inside make me wonder if he does actually know anything and the reason that he hasn't said anything is because he simply doesn't know.

There are some fantastic smileys on this forum! Love 'em!!
:jail: :stormingmad: :yourock: :eek:fftobed: :pillowfight2: :panic: :skip: :waiting: :bigfight:
and lots more!!

Yes I hope they find his body or he walks into a cop-shop somewhere!!

Interesting post Kemo... a little research??of a case you NEVER heard of? and you did you come to your conclusion? can I ask what drew your attention to this case you never heard of before??
care to share??

What caught my attention of this case was the possibility of someone being "falsely convicted". I believe that participation in sites like this can make a difference in exposing injustice when it has occurred. In this particular case, I feel justice has been served.

Yes the DNA match is hard to explain - but there are many other reasons for thinking they got the wrong man - if there was ever a man to get!
No body was found - no gunshot residue on the back of the kombi where she says the attack took place, no footprints where she says "the man" looked for her with his dog, a pool of blood with no splatter or drag marks, Lees says she hid in the bush for five hours yet she was perfectly warm when found dressed in her shorts and sandals, she refused to speak to police or assist in any way, she emailed her lover within days of Falconios disappearance and many of Falconios belongings were missing from the kombi.
Suggest you start your reading with Keith Nobles excellent book on the case -"Find Falconio" You can download it for free.

If Murdock and Joanne were in such "intimate" contact that blood was transferred, the case is pretty well settled. The DNA evidence trumps everything else: random sightings by witnesses, inconsistencies in Joanne's recollection, and Murdock's adamant denials.

The claim that somehow Murdock somehow cut himself at the "Red Rooster" around 10:30 AM and around 3:30 PM, Joanne had contact with a drop of this blood and got it on her T-shrt is absurd. If the wait-staff there was so negligent that blood would not be cleaned during a 5 hour period, the blood would have dried completely and would not have transferred.

True, the Lab in Darwin was not "accredited"; whatever the legal ramifications of that may be, but even if the Scientist were completely incompetent and got the 16 out of 16 marker sites completely wrong, there would only be about 4 or 5 people in the WORLD who would fit that DNA profile. What are the odds that one of them fit the description of the perp, drove a vehicle that fit the description of the perp's vehicle, and was known to be in the vicinity when the crime occurred? One in Billions.

Without the DNA, the case would be pretty weak, I agree, but with it, the case is rock solid.

The real mystery is "where is Peter's body?" The only thing I can think of is that Murdock, realizing that he was in trouble after Joanne escaped, retrieved Peter's body and put it in his Pick-up (that's "yank-lish" for ute) and drove with it many KM's until he found a suitable spot in the desert to dump it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aegon_the_Conqueror
Back