Australia Australia - Peter Falconio, 28, Barrow Creek, NT, 14 Jul 2001

I don't believe a man could lift the dead weight of another man without training. I'm not convinced Peter was ever at Barrow Creek in the first place.
You're right about deadweight ,if Peter Falconio is dead at the crime scene , his body would be like jelly ,no way one person could lift a big man like Peter Falconio, let alone pick him up and put him in the back of a utility or ute,

Fair enough, he was found not guilty. That doesn't mean he was innocent though...
Bradley Murdoch was acquitted of the raping kidnapping charge against German holiday tourists, mother and daughter, the jury acquitted him after 3 hours, the woman and daughter lied about the kidnapping and rape allegations, there was no DNA evidence on the mother or daughter, the lie of the raping kidnapping enabled police to charge Bradley Murdoch and obtain his DNA.
Furthermore Joanne Lees was holidaying in Italy when friends pointed out that police had a arrested Murdoch for the murder of Peter Falconio ,this was on a BBC website,
The article stated DNA evidence from Joanne Lees t-shirt was linked to Murdoch by DNA, and that she had described her attacker has Bradley Murdoch with a photo of Bradley Murdoch on the BBC website she she did not even know Bradley Murdoch's at the time of her holiday in Italy ...... one must ask who put the mother and daughter up to making the allegations of rape and kidnapping..... Something doesn't feel or smell right with this case.

Bradley Murdoch was acquitted of the raping kidnapping charge against German holiday tourists, mother and daughter, the jury acquitted him after 3 hours, the woman and daughter lied about the kidnapping and rape allegations, there was no DNA evidence on the mother or daughter, the lie of the raping kidnapping enabled police to charge Bradley Murdoch and obtain his DNA.
Furthermore Joanne Lees was holidaying in Italy when friends pointed out that police had a arrested Murdoch for the murder of Peter Falconio ,this was on a BBC website,
The article stated DNA evidence from Joanne Lees t-shirt was linked to Murdoch by DNA, and that she had described her attacker has Bradley Murdoch with a photo of Bradley Murdoch on the BBC website she she did not even know Bradley Murdoch's at the time of her holiday in Italy ...... one must ask who put the mother and daughter up to making the allegations of rape and kidnapping..... Something doesn't feel or smell right with this case.

G’day Witness 28

Nothing ever felt or smelled right with this case.

DNA evidence, amazingly even her lip balm was found at the scene. WOW! :oops:

Attachments

• D7263592-7B03-4A6B-A6EA-B0C0086938BA.jpeg
    D7263592-7B03-4A6B-A6EA-B0C0086938BA.jpeg
    213 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Agreed that Murdoch was found not guilty in relation to the rape and kidnapping in South Australia. That means the charges were not proved beyond reasonable doubt. It does not mean that the jury believed that the women probably lied. If there is evidence that they lied, please supply a link.

Bradley Murdoch was acquitted of the raping kidnapping charge against German holiday tourists, mother and daughter,
I don't remember reading before that they were German holiday tourists. That the older woman's partner was being treated in a South Australian hospital for cancer and that the partner and BM were acquainted suggest that, on the contrary, the women were locals. I think you might be mixing up your cases--there have been a couple of Australian rapist/murderers who preyed on hitchhikers.

I don't remember reading before that they were German holiday tourists. That the older woman's partner was being treated in a South Australian hospital for cancer and that the partner and BM were acquainted suggest that, on the contrary, the women were locals. I think you might be mixing up your cases--there have been a couple of Australian rapist/murderers who preyed on hitchhikers.
Hi JLZ, first reports was that Sydney paper Sydney Morning Herald they stated they were German tourists and they're camping in the outback ,now once the prostitute, I think the South Australian police I got a lot to answer for

Agreed that Murdoch was found not guilty in relation to the rape and kidnapping in South Australia. That means the charges were not proved beyond reasonable doubt. It does not mean that the jury believed that the women probably lied. If there is evidence that they lied, please supply a link.

"Catching Bradley Murdoch: Tweezers, Pitchforks and the Limits of DNA ...

1668929214878.pngThe Australasian Legal Information Institute is an institution operated jointly by the Faculties of Law of the University of Technology Sydney and the University of New South Wales. Its public policy purpose is to improve access to justice through access to legal information.Wikipedia
More about this page

G’day Witness 28

Nothing ever felt or smelled right with this case.

DNA evidence, amazingly even her lip balm was found at the scene. WOW! :oops:
Perfect ,staging,all we have to find how just one blood spot came on her t-shirt and the petrol station photo is not Bradley Murdoch, the man in the video and photo is taller...another drug dealer who when the story broke that they were searching for him killed his dog in the desert , where he was camping ,reports that dog is the same description what Joanne Lees describe ,this is on a Australian documentary.

"Catching Bradley Murdoch: Tweezers, Pitchforks and the Limits of DNA ...
View attachment 381187The Australasian Legal Information Institute is an institution operated jointly by the Faculties of Law of the University of Technology Sydney and the University of New South Wales. Its public policy purpose is to improve access to justice through access to legal information.Wikipedia
More about this page
Interesting, thank you.

Do you mean this?

Murdoch's acquittal did not, of course, affect the legality of his DNA sampling or the transmission of his DNA profile to the Northern Territory. However, the result sat unfortunately comfortably with Murdoch's repeated claim that the two complainants' accounts were outright lies aimed at allowing Taskforce Regulus to obtain his DNA sample. Whatever the merits of this conspiracy theory, it lent credence to Murdoch's other claim: that he was also being framed (by Hepi, the Northern Territory police and/or others) for the murder of Falconio and the assault of Lees.

Murdoch claims the women were lying. That doesn't surprise me and it isn't evidence that they were. I'm aware of Hepi's hostility, he clearly had a personal interest in Murdoch being convicted over Falconio; I remember reading he took some other steps to try to get Murdoch's DNA. I have seen no evidence that he recruited the women to lie for him. In this article there is mention that the women disposed of the clothing they'd worn while captured, which I don't think is particularly odd, and they took something like five days to report the crime to police, which seems on the rapid side to me. I have a vague memory from Robin Bowles' book that there was something about the dates, too, and how that related to the partner's hospital stay. But, however it may have created doubt, it didn't indicate that the women were lying. I wish I could remember better.

Witness 28, I have to thank you for my enjoyment watching a good many Columbo episodes I found online.

I've never believed the only eye witness account of this story (JL's). If some outback nut job had killed Peter Falconio for whatever reason, I don't believe they would have let JL live to tell the tale. That she survived, unscathed, is the most bizarre aspect of this case. Only JL knows what really happened to Falconio, IMO, and it's not the tale that was told.

I've never believed the only eye witness account of this story (JL's). If some outback nut job had killed Peter Falconio for whatever reason, I don't believe they would have let JL live to tell the tale. That she survived, unscathed, is the most bizarre aspect of this case. Only JL knows what really happened to Falconio, IMO, and it's not the tale that was told.
CSIAngus, you're right I think she does know something and she's not telling why, did a deal go down wrong, and she and Peter are applicated, and now she's on willing to explain what happened as other people have got involved and killed Peter Falconio which makes her accomplice?

UPDATE: Northern Territory Police have denied reports any human remains have been found in the Outback near Alice Springs.

“No human remains have been located by Northern Territory Police, and a search is not currently being conducted,” police said in a statement.

Earlier on Friday there were reports skeletal remains found in the Outback near Alice Springs were reportedly being tested to see if they belong to murdered British backpacker Peter Falconio

The bones were being checked against the Falconio case because of how old they are and where they were found, sources told the Sydney Morning Herald.

The remains were said to have been found in the area where Mr Falconio may have been dumped, within a few hundred kilometres of where he was shot by Bradley John Murdoch in 2001.

Northern Territory Police have dismissed speculation that remains have been found that could be linked to the 22-year mystery of the location of the body of murdered British backpacker Peter Falconio.

According to reports in Nine newspapers, human remains were found this week in a location “consistent with an area where Falconio’s body was suspected to have been dumped”.

But in a statement to NCA NewsWire on Friday night, NT Police said “current media reports were factually incorrect”.

It said no human remains had been located by Northern Territory Police and a search was not currently being conducted.

One man in 2020 claimed he saw the killer shooting at Falconio and his girlfriend from under his Kombi Van.
He said he saw two men bundling a third, "jelly-like" man into a red car that same night.
"I'm pretty sure that bloke in the middle could very well have been Peter Falconio," Vince Millar told a British TV crew.

Behind a paywall, but the Sydney Morning Herald say that doubt was cast on the accuracy of the original story.

They have now withdrawn the story and apologise for any distress which may have been caused to the family and friends of Peter Falconio

Human remains found in a dam near Maria, in South Australia.
This looks like a very old newspaper story; it says:

"Bradley John Murdoch, 44, has been charged with murdering Falconio. He is now awaiting trial on unrelated rape and abduction charges in South Australia, and is expected to be tried for Falconio's killing later."

When I look at the page there's no byline or date at all. There is a date at the top of the page which gives the current date (11th June 2023) which comes locally from the computer's clock. I think that's what's causing the confusion - I presume it's already Monday the 12th where you are but still Sunday where I am.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ctrls
Back