Found Deceased Australia - Russell Hill, 74, & Carol Clay, 72, Wonnangatta Valley, 20 Mar 2020 #5 *charges*

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADMIN NOTE:

This post lands at random.

Some posts have been removed as off topic.

Members are here to discuss the facts of the case as they are sourced from MSM and LE, not to debate journalistic integrity or berate other members for which MSM they rely upon or for their opinions.

Accordingly, post on topic or your post will be removed and/or a temporary or permanent loss of posting privileges may occur.

Thank you.

If it was a dispute it must have been very intense for someone to be shot. GL seems to be a family man living an ordinary life. So, if he is the perp. what happened. Russell was another ordinary family man. I don't think if this is considered then that it would be an intentional incident but I could be wrong and it was anything but. I'm sure on Russell's part he wouldn't intentionally go and create a fight. LE suggested that the place of Russell and Carol's campsite was not in a prime location as Russell would not have chosen that spot. Russell knew the area so I think he would've chosen another suitable spot, so that he and Carol can enjoy peacefully (if someone else was in the prime spot). I just can't see this leading to an argument. Either the elderly couple was there first and someone unfamilliar with the area wanted the same spot. So they were haggled or bullied to get out. But that's harassement. Wanting to pick a fight would be more likely IMO on the other camper's part. If the situation unfolded like this.

Russell Hill and Carol Clay: 55-year-old man charged with murders of Victorian campers

"Victoria police assistant commissioner Bob Hill said investigators had allegedly discovered a crime scene within the great alpine region on Thursday morning.

“We’ve located a specific area and we will be establishing a search perimeter in the coming days and we are hopeful we will locate the remains of Mr Hill and Ms Clay,” he told reporters in Melbourne on Thursday night."

I hope this means he confessed and told them where to find their bodies.

From the press conference, it sounds like he finally snapped or they trapped him in his own story and finally got him to confess

because they say in the press conference the Alpine area location was only revealed in the last day, this is also probably when they finally laid charges

so its just me guessing from the wording used, but it does sound like he has given them some information

4 days of on and off questions is brutal for anyone, probably just wanted it to end

Russell Hill and Carol Clay:
I hope so too. It does sound like he told them something they had to check this morning then a bit more questioning before laying charges. I assume he will argue self defence against RH but hard to explain CC. If the deer hunting theory turns out to be correct he might have killed one of them accidentally, eg CC, then fought with RH.

A couple of questions asked on the last thread - they knew about the 20-30 point turn because it’s not far as the crow flies from the campsite areas and everything echoes, especially at night. That’s also how they knew it was a petrol vehicle, coz of the sound it made.

Also, the reason Lynn didn’t cut the chain on the gate is because the gate was put there because the East and West Buffalo roads were both still blocked with fallen burnt trees after the bushfires ripped through. If he’d have cut the chain, got through the gate, he’d have spent the next 20 or more hours on a chainsaw cutting his way through the road. Provided he actually had a chainsaw with him. Which he should have, given that he was even up there in the first place.

Why do these alleged murders have to be a result of an altercation?

they could have just been random victims.

I don't think there's anything at all suggesting that the accused is some sort of opportunistic killer seeking random victims.

However, the degree of violence involved suggested by the burned-out campsite to me strongly suggests aggravation of some sort.

I'm not sure what the rules are on this but I can't help but feel that it's wrong to post it...

if you feel something is against the TOS here, use the report function located under the body of the post in blue

commenting on the post you are having issues with only does 2 things, clogs up the thread with stuff that doesn't matter or the mods might get upset and have to close the thread to be cleaned up

you can also PM a moderator to check if its ok to post something, they would rather you do that than post something that gets a ton of reports/alerts on it and it saves you a headache as well :)

Russell Hill and Carol Clay: 55-year-old man charged with murders of Victorian campers

"Victoria police assistant commissioner Bob Hill said investigators had allegedly discovered a crime scene within the great alpine region on Thursday morning.

“We’ve located a specific area and we will be establishing a search perimeter in the coming days and we are hopeful we will locate the remains of Mr Hill and Ms Clay,” he told reporters in Melbourne on Thursday night."

I’ve just watched the police announcement interview and became confused about how they concluded deceased, yet there has not been any concrete discovery of bodies. They are giving condolences to the families. Are they just assuming what will be discovered? So sad for all involved on so many levels.

If it manifested from an argument, then it could be for a number of reasons.

• Russell was flying his drone and the pilot didn't like it.
  • Pilot was illegally shooting deer and Russell didn't like it.
  • Camping spot etiquette
Just some possibilities....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members