Australia Australia - Suzanne Armstrong, 28, Susan Bartlett, 27, Collingwood, Vic, 10 Jan 1977

The women were almost 30 = underage would mean a teenage boy perp.

two adults might have - likely could -- have handled a teenager?
Why aren't The Killers on the database
Maybe they haven't been to prison
Maybe they are serving police officers
Maybe the killers came from overseas, contract killing.
Or maybe the DNA was tampered with, why do the police state that one person did the two murders when Witnesses said there was two people, what did the two Susan's know that threatened their life.

Articles from the independent Australia by Tess Lawrence all from the article

You will read for yourselves of the lost opportunities, by the police, incompetence and possibly cover-up. The latter is a sensible possibility, given the failure by police to interview and take statements from key family members and other salient witnesses — or to follow up distinct leads.

It’s clear that VicPol have little serious intent on solving these murders and there is a great and hopeful possibility that the general public can and will eventually solve them for us
You will read for yourselves of the lost opportunities, by the police, incompetence and possibly cover-up. The latter is a sensible possibility, given the failure by police to interview and take statements from key family members and other salient witnesses — or to follow up distinct leads.

What is more, the reward seems to be nothing more than a gagging device. A number of journalist colleagues and "citizen" investigators have told me that when they approach VicPol for access to information and updates about this frozen- in-time case apparently designated "never to be solved", they are fobbed off with asinine excuses, variations on the theme of "the case has been reopened and so we can’t comment while an investigation is on foot, or give you access to files’".

Who killed

Why were Police "pulled off" the case? One "reason" is the women were regarded as being free in their sexual habits. By any measure this sickening attitude smacks of “she’s asking for it” and *advertiser censored*-shaming. Let’s put a name to it. Here’s another one #MeToo.I don’t know of any other murder in the past fifty years in Australia, where there has a proliferation of forensic and other evidence and more than 100 suspects — and yet Victoria Police has failed to identify the murderer(s) if dead, and bring him to justice if he – or any accomplices – are alive.

The mystery
Doing research police corruption at the time huge amount of reading material of corrupt police at the time, something doesn't smell right. Every avenue has to be turned over every stone picked up and moved every every lead must be checked but what if, the police are chasing their tails, and might be protecting one of their own.
There are good policeman out there just as they're a bad police, they're good and bad people everywhere it's when we turn the blind eye to protect others that we all die a little bit inside.

The women were almost 30 = underage would mean a teenage boy perp.

two adults might have - likely could -- have handled a teenager?
I got to thinking about this case again this week, after seeing the A$1 million reward posted for the murder of Mary Anne Fagan. Horribly similar crimes in the same city, a year apart, but I get the impression they were never linked that closely by the police or media.

I must read Helen Thomas’s book on the case again - it’s as close to definitive as there is at the moment. I did read recently that while the ‘eight prime suspects’ had been ruled out by DNA, there was one suspect not tested, a very famous Aussie racing driver who died in 2006, who had dated one of the girls and was known for violence towards women. Frustratingly, the true crime site that posted it promised a follow-up piece going into more detail, and to the best of my knowledge, that never appeared.

I got to thinking about this case again this week, after seeing the A$1 million reward posted for the murder of Mary Anne Fagan. Horribly similar crimes in the same city, a year apart, but I get the impression they were never linked that closely by the police or media.

I must read Helen Thomas’s book on the case again - it’s as close to definitive as there is at the moment. I did read recently that while the ‘eight prime suspects’ had been ruled out by DNA, there was one suspect not tested, a very famous Aussie racing driver who died in 2006, who had dated one of the girls and was known for violence towards women. Frustratingly, the true crime site that posted it promised a follow-up piece going into more detail, and to the best of my knowledge, that never appeared.
Hi NorthParade,
With all the known Suspects being either tested and to be found not to DNA left at easy Street maybe it's time to go outside the square or circle, Susan Bartlett brother, Martin stated the night January 10 1977 that he spoke to Suzanne Armstrong ,Susan Armstrong said she was expecting a visitor from a male friend later that night, 10 of January that's her words from Martin's voice what he remembers, from that night ,but Armstrong mentioned and ex policeman or some connection.
There was anonymous caller who called the journalist who wrote the story, he claimed he was from Victoria Barracks signals ,and the call ended abruptly, a Detective talking about the crime scene said this was different in the special, wondering if training in the army trying to kill in combat,if there was two people involved, if this is what he meant because he never came across something like this before professional trained killing machine in the army, maybe it's time to check the records they have in the army and 1977.
All potential Suspects have been proved not to be the DNA found at the crime scene on the night, sometimes the answers are right there and sometimes all we have to do is dig and investigate.

Hi NorthParade,
With all the known Suspects being either tested and to be found not to DNA left at easy Street maybe it's time to go outside the square or circle, Susan Bartlett brother, Martin stated the night January 10 1977 that he spoke to Suzanne Armstrong ,Susan Armstrong said she was expecting a visitor from a male friend later that night, 10 of January that's her words from Martin's voice what he remembers, from that night ,but Armstrong mentioned and ex policeman or some connection.
There was anonymous caller who called the journalist who wrote the story, he claimed he was from Victoria Barracks signals ,and the call ended abruptly, a Detective talking about the crime scene said this was different in the special, wondering if training in the army trying to kill in combat,if there was two people involved, if this is what he meant because he never came across something like this before professional trained killing machine in the army, maybe it's time to check the records they have in the army and 1977.
All potential Suspects have been proved not to be the DNA found at the crime scene on the night, sometimes the answers are right there and sometimes all we have to do is dig and investigate.
This was taken from the book they trusted men Tom Prior

Why aren't The Killers on the database
Maybe they haven't been to prison
Maybe they are serving police officers
Maybe the killers came from overseas, contract killing.
Or maybe the DNA was tampered with, why do the police state that one person did the two murders when Witnesses said there was two people, what did the two Susan's know that threatened their life.
Considering there is the unknown DNA sample available and all known suspects have been eliminated, this looks like it has the potential for forensic genealogy to identify a new suspect.

I'm too cynical. Kids think they are immortal and "it won't happen to us". But, I saw it. It did happen. And, it took my immortality from me.

Imo these horrific murders would have been solved ten years ago if LE were permitted by law to use forensic genetic genealogy to identify the perpetrator(s).

At present, LE is only allowed to check existing DNA databases to try to identify a UID, in order to find a match.

There are definitely legal and ethical issues involved. In some respects it is a pure, unauthorized violation of privacy.
But I think things are headed in that direction around the works no matter how many years a country continues to resist (I can’t believe I’m saying this as I am a staunch privacy advocate).

And really, a country’s citizens should consider just what kind of data security and privacy protection their country is already providing: if there already is very little privacy, what harm Is there in allowing forensic genetic genealogy? You’re scre**d already. I think AUnis probably middle of the pack.

Just like the Golden State Killer, the perp(s) in this case need to be identified and put in solitary confinement for their remaining 5-15 years of life. And release their da*n last names! Not releasing a perps last name is a huge slap in the face to a victim and their family. Jmo.

The case is now 47 years old. Imo any LE who suggests that the case is still active is either misusing words or flat out lying. Australia needs to make up its mind. Maybe a law allowing the use of FGG after 15 years or something? Same with Japan (think of Miyazawa family).

Imo the only thing that can make things worse for a victim is having to live the rest of your life hoping that someday the law will change - while having to envision the perp lying on a beach somewhere for 30-40 years. It’s just not right.

Jim

those excessive concerns by NGOs/activists are why i have a deep hatred for "Raise the Age" - 12- and 13-year-olds know damn well what they are doing. Someone on X/Twitter remarked that had recent GOP changes to OK laws been there in 1995, that policeman would have let Tim McVeigh go. Under Raise The Age. Eric Smith would have faced a travesty of justice, if anything at all.

Considering there is the unknown DNA sample available and all known suspects have been eliminated, this looks like it has the potential for forensic genealogy to identify a new suspect.
Hi Puggo, let's say she was supposed to meet someone that night ,not a boyfriend I'm dumbfounded by that, but after reading some of Suzanne Armstrong's notes letters she's sent back from England,, once I had a girlfriend like that Suzanne ,she was so pretty then if you leave the nightclub to go to the toilet or the bar, there would be 4 or 5 guys would be on the table when you came back ,I loved so much and you wouldn't even think of hurting her, making any judgment on her the facts are ,no woman deserves to be treated or mistreated, or Murdered and you're right genealogy is the only way to go if they want to find who did this crime, or they could just let rest and not care, just like some police in New South Wales ,hi ranking who just want to close a case and not find a body because they don't want to follow facts and evidence all the evidences in the books that have been written and the newspaper articles and people Witness,especially family and for the police refuse to acknowledge this of course it will be unsolved

Hi Puggo, let's say she was supposed to meet someone that night ,not a boyfriend I'm dumbfounded by that, but after reading some of Suzanne Armstrong's notes letters she's sent back from England,, once I had a girlfriend like that Suzanne ,she was so pretty then if you leave the nightclub to go to the toilet or the bar, there would be 4 or 5 guys would be on the table when you came back ,I loved so much and you wouldn't even think of hurting her, making any judgment on her the facts are ,no woman deserves to be treated or mistreated, or Murdered and you're right genealogy is the only way to go if they want to find who did this crime, or they could just let rest and not care, just like some police in New South Wales ,hi ranking who just want to close a case and not find a body because they don't want to follow facts and evidence all the evidences in the books that have been written and the newspaper articles and people Witness,especially family and for the police refuse to acknowledge this of course it will be unsolved
I don't know if anyone can find out is there any link between military police, and signals I know it's got to do with intelligence intelligence gathering narrowing down the field 1977

I don't know if anyone can find out is there any link between military police, and signals I know it's got to do with intelligence intelligence gathering narrowing down the field 1977

Witness 28 are you referring to this:

The barracks are north of Coĺlingwood and lie on one of the busy North/South routes. I'd be curious to see a 1977 Melways map and see how close the route was back then to how it is today.

''Although the media may give the illusion of a more common prevalence of violent and unusual crimes, necrophilia is even rarer than sexual homicide. However, the true prevalence of necrophilia is unknown given that this paraphilia is most often carried out in secret, with the victim unable to report the act. While it is true that necrophilia is associated with those who commit sexual homicide, it is actually just as rare among sexual homicide offenders reportedly being found in less than 1% of sexual homicides (Stein, Schlesinger, & Pinizzotto, 2010).''​

Wendy Tuohy March 23, 2024 rbbm​

'It was a shockingly frenzied attack, made all the more confronting because Armstrong was sexually assaulted after her death as her 16-month-old baby, Gregory, slept not far away in his cot'.

“You couldn’t escape it. It was something so awful that happened in Melbourne, so frightening,” says the now-veteran radio journalist and executive, who has spent years re-investigating the state’s most notorious cold case, and just released a six-part podcast series on her findings.''

''This included Peter Sellers, a man who, as a 21-year-old living with his family in the street, heard a front door bang loudly at about 2.30am on the night the women were murdered, followed by two car doors slamming and the vehicle speeding off towards Smith Street''

The barracks are north of Coĺlingwood and lie on one of the busy North/South routes. I'd be curious to see a 1977 Melways map and see how close the route was back then to how it is today.
Victoria Barracks the caller claimed he called from, to journalist Tess Lawrence of independent Australian.
He claimed Tess Lawrence missed items in the room ,record player what was on the record player, The Beatles.

On the day they found the bodies 13th of January police called a suspect in for questioning, the suspect new both women and knew the layout of the house in Collingwood easy Street, he said it was very good friends of Susan Bartlett, and regularly attended the house for a three-month period before their deaths, in the book they trusted men, each person interviewed in the book said how shocked they were when they found out that both women were murdered and told there story's, but this suspect didn't tell a story right from the start he accused someone else of the crime and called him and prick, he named I.J, .I J has police connections.
this man that was brought in for an interview with police the 13th of January 1977 was a heavyweight boxing champion for Assumption College and also a very good tennis player, and very fit, the journalist in the book asked him why he was called in for an interview on the 13th of January by police, then he told the story of leaving a jumper with his name on it at the crime scene ,but stated it was months ago he left it there. You're also asked twice during the interview who told you I was called in for the interview.
It's man was a criminal lawyer had links with police and the court system, if DNA testing has ruled out a lot of people ,including I.J ,then this man must be looked at, because on the 10th of January after the dinner Suzanne Armstrong told Susan brother Martin, that she was supposed to meet someone later someone with police connections or something.
I'm not saying that this man did anything on the 10th of January 1977, but clearly everyone has to be looked at.

Journalist Details 'Chilling Coincidences' In Easey Street Murders Case​

By Logan DeLoye
''March 18, 2024
''In the latest episode, we discover that eight persons of interest were involved in the initial case, a few of which were only "of interest" because of coincidence rather than actual evidence. Overtime, 35 people were DNA tested along with evidence encompassing "blood stained towels, bed sheets, a carpet square, hair" and nail samples. Only one piece of evidence came back with necessary information. The small piece of carpet taken from the women's apartment was "stained with semen."

Australian journalist and author Andrew Rule spoke to Thomas about the case, commenting on why so much of the investigation was overlook and did not get the attention it so desperately required for years''.
Transcript.

VICTORIA BARRACKS St Kilda Road Melbourne is about 5.7km from Easey st Collingwood. Back then it would have been quite a quick journey.

Journalist Details 'Chilling Coincidences' In Easey Street Murders Case​

By Logan DeLoye
''March 18, 2024
''In the latest episode, we discover that eight persons of interest were involved in the initial case, a few of which were only "of interest" because of coincidence rather than actual evidence. Overtime, 35 people were DNA tested along with evidence encompassing "blood stained towels, bed sheets, a carpet square, hair" and nail samples. Only one piece of evidence came back with necessary information. The small piece of carpet taken from the women's apartment was "stained with semen."

Australian journalist and author Andrew Rule spoke to Thomas about the case, commenting on why so much of the investigation was overlook and did not get the attention it so desperately required for years''.
Transcript.
Hi dot, from the room of Suzanne Armstrong the Killer left a trail of black Cotton thread, to Susan Bartlett fell, it was under her, but no description of how long the thread was or did it come from a suit, business suit, and expensive suit ,or a lawyers suit.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennjon
Back