GUILTY Australia - Terence Darrell Kelly, charged w/ abduction of 4 y.o., WA, 16 Oct 2021 #2

Sillybilly

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
After more than 30 hours of interrogation by detectives, Terence Darrell Kelly was charged with various offences and will front Carnarvon Magistrate’s Court on Thursday afternoon.

All previous threads discussing this case have been pulled due to the victim's name being contained throughout.

Although MSM is still using the victim's name, it is Websleuths policy NOT to do so.

Members may link to MSM articles related to the case, and the accused's name may be used but the victim's name may NOT be. If you quote anything from MSM, please ensure this minor child's name is changed to initials only.

Under Australian law, now that this individual has been charged, the case is under sub judice.

Please note: Under sub-judice, the following is not allowed:

Anything that may prejudice the accused’s right to a fair trial
Any suggestions or direct accusations that the accused is either guilty or innocent (i.e. the accused cannot be called "the killer", it has to be "the accused", the "alleged killer" or "the defendant")
A defendant’s previous history of any offences
Scandalizing the court (disparaging judges/lawyers, any officer of the Court)
Broadcasting anything about proceedings which happen in the jury's absence.
Any non compliance with an Order of the court

Please do not post anything that violates the above principles. Breaching sub judice can result in charges of contempt of court.

Thank you.

Thread #1

Last edited:
ADMIN NOTE:

Members continue to use the victim's name in their posts and Mods are having to edit and edit and edit.

From now on, we will not extend the courtesy of editing posts that contain the victim's name. Your entire post will simply be removed, along with any/all responses to it.

I wonder if the female companions in the car with him were also aware of CS being in the house. There is just something niggling at me that he just does not look like someone who would be able to take care of a young child for 18 days on his own. The vision of her coming out of the house, she looks clean, hair combed etc. I mean he looks kind of scary and she did not look that traumatised at all. I feel if I was a young child in a house with a man I supposedly didn't know, I wouldn't be happily playing with toys on the floor at 1am.

And for the person asking earlier - 'bubby' is just an Aussie term , can be used for kids, or adults alike but usually a term of endearment - bit like the Americans use 'Kiddo'

I wonder if the female companions in the car with him were also aware of CS being in the house. There is just something niggling at me that he just does not look like someone who would be able to take care of a young child for 18 days on his own. The vision of her coming out of the house, she looks clean, hair combed etc. I mean he looks kind of scary and she did not look that traumatised at all. I feel if I was a young child in a house with a man I supposedly didn't know, I wouldn't be happily playing with toys on the floor at 1am.

And for the person asking earlier - 'bubby' is just an Aussie term , can be used for kids, or adults alike but usually a term of endearment - bit like the Americans use 'Kiddo'

It's not hard to take care of a 4 year old really, when they are confined. Food, water, toys, sleep. 4 year olds aren't super dependant like a baby.

I noticed in TK's photos that he also had 'barbie heads' - where you do their hair and they are a life-size head.
It is my opinion that he was involved in grooming (not in the pedophilic sense, in the physical grooming sense) with the child.
It is also evident without question that her hair is dyed a darker shade. I don't accept that it's just the lighting because there's an image of her by the press post charges and she is in broad sunlight and her hair is darker without doubt.
Additionally, in order to go from a yellow blonde to a warm brown, you need to deposit red or it goes green or an ashy brown - given a natural trajectory of her hair darkening, it would not suddenly get a warm red hue, it would be a mousy ash brown. No lighting would make it look red, because yellow blonde hair has no red in it, it is a blue base. It is not lighting. It has definitely been coloured, IMO.

Attachments

• hair-bfandafter.png
    hair-bfandafter.png
    180.7 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:

He appears to be nocturnal.

According to what we know from information provided by LE, there were no images on the dark web.

In my opinion, criminals using the dark web to exchange illegal images are not going to take the risk of making facebook friend requests.

There could be any number of reasons for him to write that message. It could be just paranoia.
RSBM

According to what we know from information provided by LE, there were no images on the dark web.
Agreed, but that’s not what I was suggesting.

In my opinion, criminals using the dark web to exchange illegal images are not going to take the risk of making facebook friend requests.
Again, I’m not suggesting anything was posted to the dark web, but you might want to look into what TK’s circle were openly “liking” on FB. While the content wouldn’t be classified as CP there is something unsettling about grown men “liking” numerous photos of toddlers in swimwear or leotards. When these same men follow each from profile to profile that’s alarming. That’s just my opinion anyway.

It could be just paranoia.
Well yeah it could be a few different things but that’s hardly a valid reason to dismiss all other possibilities.

Lastly, I don’t have a specific opinion regarding TK’s actions or intentions, I’m just curious about the digital footprint he has left behind, that’s all.

just jumping in .... I also saw news about female "aunt " and 6 year old daughter in vehicle .
also does anyone recall a report of a witness saying "they delivered something to the house and
saw a child " ? not heard of since so could have been another phurphy .

Re the Aunty thing - Aboriginals call elders Aunty or Uncle even though not necessarily blood related.

Aboriginal people refer to an Elder as 'Aunty' or 'Uncle'. However, it is recommended that non-Aboriginal people check the appropriateness of their use of these terms as referring to an Elder or leader as Aunty or Uncle may not be appropriate for an outsider unless a strong relationship has been established.

Do we reference Elders, older family members as Aunty, Uncle?

@SouthAussie and @Okapi , re your question about the car occupants I read it was a female relative and her 6 year old daughter. I would guess that was what started the mistaken rumours of a 6 year old captive.

I’ll look for the article - it might have been DM.

eta : Definitely read it but cannot find it at all now, grrrr. Perhaps it has been removed.

It may have been removed. I did a search for the details also ... there was nothing that I could find.

If it was removed, perhaps either the information was incorrect or there was a privacy issue of some kind.

RSBM

Agreed, but that’s not what I was suggesting.

Again, I’m not suggesting anything was posted to the dark web, but you might want to look into what TK’s circle were openly “liking” on FB. While the content wouldn’t be classified as CP there is something unsettling about grown men “liking” numerous photos of toddlers in swimwear or leotards. When these same men follow each from profile to profile that’s alarming. That’s just my opinion anyway.

It could be just paranoia.
Well yeah it could be a few different things but that’s hardly a valid reason to dismiss all other possibilities.

Lastly, I don’t have a specific opinion regarding TK’s actions or intentions, I’m just curious about the digital footprint he has left behind, that’s all.
FB could be used for finding potential victims. Tons of parents post pics of their kids in the pool or at the beach in swimwear (or even nude!)

Some parents don't pay attention to who is in their friends list. I'm not saying ES did any of this, just thinking about how pedos might use FB.

ETA: It makes TK's FB post where he was exaggeratedly concerned about children and online security all the more chilling IMO.

Last edited:
Criminal psyches are not that complex or interesting. All crime is incentivised by the same thing - personal interest and a flagrant disregard for the rights of others or society on a whole.

This ^^^

Curiosity RE an offenders upbringing and early experiences is important to open up new dimensions for understanding, we do need to consider how and why so we can implement support and rehabilitation; However, childhood trauma can’t be accepted as the reason or explanation for an individual making a choice of their own free will to harm another human being. This absolutely diminishes their agency and culpability.

No-one has the ‘perfect’ childhood, we all face the world with a neurological network of random experiences, but a greater number of us who experience childhood trauma go on to lead fulfilling lives. Victims, potential victims, society as a whole should not have to adjust to the way these offenders are personally dealing with or expressing their past hurts IMO

FB could be used for finding potential victims. Tons of parents post pics of their kids in the pool or at the beach in swimwear (or even nude!)

Some parents don't pay attention to who is in their friends list. I'm not saying ES did any of this, just thinking about how pedos might use FB.

Yup, potential victims aren’t going to be hanging around on the dark web therefore I imagine social media networks will be significant.

I wanted to reply to some posts on the previous thread, but I can't link the original posts here, so I will just reply without quoting anyone. A few people were asking about the victim's thoughts or concern being with the perp, plus Police breaking into the room to rescue them.

I thought this experience of mine might give you an insight into thoughts of a similar age. When I was three years old I woke up in a strange cot (not bed). My first thoughts were that the ceiling was too high and the light above was different. I looked around me and saw lots of other cots and small beds. A lady in a funny white outfit with a funny white hat (I didn't know what a nurse was) approached the cot I was in and told me not to worry, I was in hospital (I didn't know what a hospital was). My immediate thought was 'I don't trust you.' Followed by 'my family don't know where I am' . I said nothing but was very mistrusting and very worried and decided I would not trust that lady in the white outfit at all. The nurse tried to reassure me but I was extremely wary of her, especially because I was in a strange place with no prior warning. Eventually I saw my family through the window walking along a path towards the building and I felt immediate relief and thought 'they do know where I am.' (I hadn't recalled becoming ill in the night or an ambulance being called). I have never forgotten this, it's my earliest memory and it stuck with me.

I hope this helps you understand how a small child might feel or think waking up in a strange place with strange person.

I wanted to reply to some posts on the previous thread, but I can't link the original posts here, so I will just reply without quoting anyone. A few people were asking about the victim's thoughts or concern being with the perp, plus Police breaking into the room to rescue them.

I thought this experience of mine might give you an insight into thoughts of a similar age. When I was three years old I woke up in a strange cot (not bed). My first thoughts were that the ceiling was too high and the light above was different. I looked around me and saw lots of other cots and small beds. A lady in a funny white outfit with a funny white hat (I didn't know what a nurse was) approached the cot I was in and told me not to worry, I was in hospital (I didn't know what a hospital was). My immediate thought was 'I don't trust you.' Followed by 'my family don't know where I am' . I said nothing but was very mistrusting and very worried and decided I would not trust that lady in the white outfit at all. The nurse tried to reassure me but I was extremely wary of her, especially because I was in a strange place with no prior warning. Eventually I saw my family through the window walking along a path towards the building and I felt immediate relief and thought 'they do know where I am.' (I hadn't recalled becoming ill in the night or an ambulance being called). I have never forgotten this, it's my earliest memory and it stuck with me.

I hope this helps you understand how a small child might feel or think waking up in a strange place with strange person.

It would have been a very traumatic experience for you. That is why when my two year old son had to go to hospital many years ago, I was lucky that I was able to stay at the hospital in the parents' section so I could be near him.

While I totally respect the officers who rescued CS, I would have thought a female officer would have been more appropriate, giving it is alleged a male had held her captive.

I totally agree with you. That is what I expected too. At least one of them should have been a female. However, in regional areas, perhaps they have less female staff available. The media referred to all four as being fathers to make it sound reasonable perhaps.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ambermotko
Back