Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah I see, perhaps these opinions were moderated or deleted before I saw them. It was clearly not a case of suicide and to suggest otherwise would be ridiculous IMO.
Just wanted to add my 2c to the chorus of thanks for your observation post JCB. Much appreciated.

a clever editor who sent a reporter with a cleavage and the air of a lost little puppy.. Gerard couldn't resist it and consequently exposed himself as a poltroon, a liar, a charlatan, a thief and a murderer...

who can ever forget Olivia, eyes swivelling , hyperventilating, trying to work Gerard like a wooden puppet.. ..

That was the first thing I saw of Gerard, and instantly, like 90% of Australia, knew she was dead and he had murdered her..

How can I find this segment? I need to see it.

Ah I see, perhaps these opinions were moderated or deleted before I saw them. It was clearly not a case of suicide and to suggest otherwise would be ridiculous IMO.

Thank you, JCB, for your plain-language legal definitions and your matter-of-factness. You are, and have been, a true asset to this forum.

Hi O, he has changed his name. Can't recall what it is at the moment. I think he'll move and fade away. Unless he gives an interview to a magazine like Toni McHugh. Doubt it though. I think his parents will keep him on a tight leash.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Doubt his parents will keep him on a tight leash. Dad was an enabler by driving off into the sunset with GT. If it was my son who called for a lift under such circumstances, I would have smacked him round the head, kicked him where it hurts and driven him straight back to the crime scene to face the music.

No earthly justice for Warriena in Queensland.

^This.

Let it live every second of every day on his conscience.

But alas, I fear he doesn't have one.

This is very depressing news.

All strength to Warriena's family.

[video=youtube;c76CI6vtixI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c76CI6vtixI[/video]

my pleasure, rah...

"It hurt a little bit but I'm ok" lol. Thanks Trooper.

On another note I am praying that Helen Garner made it to the GT trial.

I feel so sad for the couple who lived below GT. I just can't imagine seeing that. The neighbour called the police and the neighbour went down where her body was. And GT just ... ugh. Disgusting.

There's a Dr on Channel 9 atm and she is saying GT has Autism.

As I thought lots and lots and lots and lots of law but no justice.
It is all a game with the legal people.
Next case please.

There is one last hope; karma.

The family of the deceased are in a very dark place with nowhere to turn. All doors have been slammed in their faces.

Also - I am sending true and genuine sympathy and love to those who have lost their precious family members, or have suffered abuse in any way. Thank you for sharing. By sharing stories we share our heart and leave it open to being broken again. I don't have the strength to do that here, but I admire and am grateful to those who can.

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 3h3 hours ago
Nick Dore: Very happy with the result, matter is now behind him. He wants to get on with his life. #tostee

Enjoy your life, Tosser. Bet you get a lot of rep, Brah.

This has been an interesting and yet disappointing exercise for me. <modsnip> Also, that I&#8217;ll likely not be much of a participant here now this Trial has concluded also influenced my decision not to bother with it.

Most here are disappointed with the decision, which to me, was always inevitable. Given the state of the evidence and the fundamental tenet that people are innocent until proven guilty (and that includes Tostee right now&#8230;..who is now an innocent man still) and any criminal guilt must be proven beyond reasonable doubt. I doubt even the Prosecutor thought he would get a conviction. I doubt any Lawyer with experience in crime and Trials expected anything other than this outcome.

That&#8217;s the way of the Law, and Court Rooms.

Many here have pointed out that WS is not a Court Room, and that is obviously correct. However, even on the social media (especially a site which seeks to claim credibility in a criminology sense) there is little point in indulging in wild speculation and weird assertions which bear no relationship to the facts, or admissible evidence. It seems to work this way. A female dies of non-natural causes. Instead of looking at all the circumstances, people zero in on the conduct of any male involved in isolation, and just ignore or trivialise everything else which occurred. &#8220;That woman is dead, there was a male involved&#8230;.let&#8217;s stretch our imaginations as far as we can, even beyond credibility, to find some way to isolate the death as something the male only contributed to."

That is what strikes me, a total stranger to WS only two weeks ago, right between the eyes. The explanation is that WS is a &#8216;victim friendly&#8217; Forum. Yes it is, but the TOS are quite clear:

It is absolutely appropriate for the conduct of the &#8216;victim&#8217; to be discussed, respectfully, and I have always born that in mind. There is another very relevant WS Rule:

If they are honest (and I accept they are) there are many here who will readily admit that, on many occasions, they have breached the Rule, which is very appropriately there for balance.

So, to the ultimate point:

It is absolutely of no assistance to achieving a fair result to start out on the premise the male is guilty and then seek to justify that premature conclusion by imaginations. That will inevitably lead to the very disappointment and frustration many here are obviously now experiencing. The real World of Criminal Justice just does not work that way, and it never will.

Step 1: Every person is innocent until proven guilty.
Step 2. That proof must be beyond reasonable doubt and based on the admissible evidence given at the Trial.
Step 3. (a) If that evidence does not reach the level of proof of guilt beyond reasonable doubt, there must be a verdict of &#8220;Not Guilty.&#8221; (b) If that evidence does reach the level of proof of guilt beyond reasonable doubt, there must be a verdict of &#8220;Guilty.&#8221;

If the verdict in this case had been &#8220;Guilty,&#8221; it would have been found untenable and perverse upon appeal.

To those who are claiming that the system is broken because Tostee was found not guilty, I ask for honest reconsideration, and if that is done, the conclusion is that it has in fact worked very well, but it did not produce the outcome many had invested considerable emotion in.

It is an absolute tragedy that her life was lost that night (and I extend my thoughts to her Family, and also his) but, it is what it is and there is no way of reversing history.

Spot on Colleague. Victory at last. A victory for justice.

I personally congratulated GT.

Quite likely. It surprised me that there was not a mistrial with that nutty instagram going out.

I was surprised too. Clearly if she had such little respect for the process, her actions should be in question. Who knows what else she read about? Her internet history should have been combed through thoroughly.

As I thought lots and lots and lots and lots of law but no justice.
It is all a game with the legal people.
Next case please.

There is one last hope; karma.

The family of the deceased are in a very dark place with nowhere to turn. All doors have been slammed in their faces.

I agree totally in one comment. It was mentioned on 7 news that Tostee went to their chambers after the verdict (minus his parents). 7news said they might congratulate. Their legal commentator said this is one case finished but they have a work load of other cases. New day, new case. Very interested on your view of karma. Seriously.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member