Australia - Warriena Wright, 26, dies in balcony fall, Surfers Paradise, Aug 2014 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi TGY! :seeya:

That's an absolutely viable scenario imo.

And that's what Ausgirl was speculating a little while back - that all his questions about meds and combinations of meds on the bb forums may have, in fact, not been for him but for his 'dates'.:facepalm:

I wouldn't put it past him.:furious:

:juggling: my thoughts here,

GT said he dropped his standards to 4/10 make the 100th sexual goal on his list.
Many women fear weird sexual acts and understandably say NO.
No one in their right mind would jump 14 storeys.
Did GT crave an unusual fetish and drugs were the easy way to get it?

Was Warriena traveling and staying in surfers on her own?

:juggling: my thoughts here,

GT said he dropped his standards to 4/10 make the 100th sexual goal on his list.
Many women fear weird sexual acts and understandably say NO.
No one in their right mind would jump 14 storeys.
Did GT crave an unusual fetish and drugs were the easy way to get it?

Was Warriena traveling and staying in surfers on her own?

Warriena was travelling on her own.

I'm not sure where she was staying though.......I don't remember reading that.

Does anyone know?:thinking:

Police know she arrived in the country alone on July 29, and had planned a 14-day holiday around a friend’s wedding.

However after landing in Queensland police are not sure what she did until she arrived at the wedding resort on August 1.

She stayed at the resort on August 2 and 3, but her location was unknown during August 4.

“We’re interested in determining in her movements, her activities and her companions during that period,” Superintendent Dave Hutchinson said.

On August 5 she booked herself into a Kangaroo Point motel. She had spent time with her close friend Savana Lesa and met others living in the Brisbane and Logan areas.

The following day she booked herself a hotel room on the Gold Coast, Superintendent Hutchinson said.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...-movements-20140812-1038eg.html#ixzz3BGmlqvLy

I remember reading somewhere that Rrie caught up with some friends she had from when she lived in Australia.

Warriena was travelling on her own.

I'm not sure where she was staying though.......I don't remember reading that.

Does anyone know?:thinking:

Warriena wanted/needed to go home (to her hotel).
She didn't need to catch an early flight that morning.....maybe she had an early tour booked.

Warriena said 'no no I want to go home', did she say that to GT or the adjoining neighbour?

Did GT go somewhere and dead lock her in his flat?
Was the neighbour speaking with her from the next balcony, urging her to wait for help to arrive or Warriena thought she could climb across to the neighbour for help.
IMO the neighbour is a prime witness to what happened.
I guess we'll have to wait about two years for these answers.

Just juggling my thoughts on this topic of possible extreme violence against a defenceless woman.

Too much of this is happening lately....women fearing for their lives make me really concerned.

:thinking:

:clap: Amee.

Warriena was catching up with friends over this 2 week holiday around Brisbane.
The night before she stayed at Kangaroo Point motel 1 hour drive from Surfers then booked a hotel in Surfers that day.
If Warriena had a credit card the police should be able to track her during that time, hire car, petrol & CCTV footage from many places.
Warriena lived in Aus once before.
I think this court case is gonna be a doozy.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...-movements-20140812-1038eg.html#ixzz3BGmlqvLy

Warriena wanted/needed to go home (to her hotel).
She didn't need to catch an early flight that morning.....maybe she had an early tour booked.

Warriena said 'no no I want to go home', did she say that to GT or the adjoining neighbour?

Did GT go somewhere and dead lock her in his flat?
Was the neighbour speaking with her from the next balcony, urging her to wait for help to arrive or Warriena thought she could climb across to the neighbour for help.
IMO the neighbour is a prime witness to what happened.
I guess we'll have to wait about two years for these answers.

Just juggling my thoughts on this topic of possible extreme violence against a defenceless woman.

Too much of this is happening lately....women fearing for their lives make me really concerned.

The way I read it is that Warriena was saying that to GT and the neighbours overheard her....

17 August 2014

Witnesses told police they heard a man and woman arguing and the woman screaming 'No, no, no' several times and 'I just want to go home'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...stees-apartment-fell-death.html#ixzz3AhGr8iZy

Just my opinion and as I said in a previous post, I wonder if GT had blocked the main exit door of the apartment. Whatever he was doing to her or about to do to her must have been something quite horrific to cause her to be fearing for her life and choose the balcony as a means of escape.

We'll probably get to hear a little more from the bail hearing in October.

I have tried to catch up so sorry if I have missed something and am asking something you guys have already dealt with. I read that the police found 2 phones with the final conversation recorded on them (they found them in the basement). Where did these phones come from and how did they have the conversation recorded on them? Sorry just confused and trying to catch up.

I have tried to catch up so sorry if I have missed something and am asking something you guys have already dealt with. I read that the police found 2 phones with the final conversation recorded on them (they found them in the basement). Where did these phones come from and how did they have the conversation recorded on them? Sorry just confused and trying to catch up.

It does mention info was extracted from multiple phones. But to date we don't know whether all the phones belonged to him or if it was his car they were found in.

Audio recordings of her last moments, believed to have been extracted by police technical experts from mobile phones found in a car in the building's basement.

CCTV cameras allegedly recorded him carrying what appeared to be a mobile phone. Police will allege they later found three mobile phones in a car in the Avalon basement.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11310034

He has a history of recording audio and video. There is an example of one of his audio recordings that he uploaded to YouTube, earlier in this thread.

Yep, records everything to help remember and cover himself during his "black out" stages.

Yep, records everything to help remember and cover himself during his "black out" stages.

Not to mention as an instrument for his voyeuristic delight - like the telescope he had for looking at the scenery - the scenery in other peoples' apartments that is.

And to post for others on the BB forum to listen to.

And to replay for who-knows-who else.

IMO

They also seized the phone of his charming friend, didn't they? So there might be some info coming off that as well.

They also seized the phone of his charming friend, didn't they? So there might be some info coming off that as well.

Oh, I hope he, GT, was dumb enough to incriminate himself via calls or text. :please:

Oh, I hope he, GT, was dumb enough to incriminate himself via calls or text. :please:

Or data on the phone.

He has an Android phone. My Android phone has Google+ installed and backs up things that I don't want or need backed up (ie downloaded TV programs transferred from my PC).

I wonder how long it takes:
  1. a police lawyer to request all data from each of GT's services such as Tinder, Google, Facebook
  2. and for the organisations to respond then
  3. analyse all that data, listen and watch everything

Hello everyone. Can someone please explain to me why GT has been charged with murder and not involuntary manslaughter? If Warriena climbed over the railing herself how can that constitute intent to kill?
I am new to WS (and not knowledgeable with criminal law) but interested in this case being a GC local.

Hello everyone. Can someone please explain to me why GT has been charged with murder and not involuntary manslaughter? If Warriena climbed over the railing herself how can that constitute intent to kill?
I am new to WS (and not knowledgeable with criminal law) but interested in this case being a GC local.

Welcome astorytold :)

The police would have a lot of evidence we haven't heard about yet. Enough to charge him with murder.

The police would have a lot of evidence we haven't heard about yet. Enough to charge him with murder.

That's right. Nobody knows what happened exactly except Tostee (assuming he can remember?) and the police (from recordings and other evidence). I find it pretty amusing that alot of the general public think that in this day and age the police will push for murder without the proof to back it up.

Also, the police have stated that prior to falling to her death, Warriena was being "assaulted" by GT (their words). The details of the assault and the words that he was recorded using during the assault would go a long way toward establishing the fact that she was fleeing for her life, I would imagine.

As Whatson said, they don't just charge someone with murder lightly. They evidently have a lot of knowledge about what was going on that we don't.

Welcome to WS, astorytold!!:seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member