Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I also ask what people think about the crying child that was heard at the caravan park in Laurieton? Were the Victorian couple checked out, cleared, not found? Does it tie in here at all or just coincidental?

What do I think about the report of the crying child at the Laurieton caravan park? I'll paraphrase a friend, "Trying to work out what happened to William given the available information is like being a duck trying to not to swim in circles with only one leg." In other words, I don't know what to think about anything after reading information drip fed to us/omitted by MSM...it's making me dizzy just thinking about it.

This is the last I heard about the Victorian couple (and nothing since):

Source: 'Caravan park searched in hunt for missing toddler William Tyrrell'
SMH (online)
by Emma Partridge and Dan Proudman
January 22, 2015, 2:37am

http://m.smh.com.au/nsw/caravan-par...g-toddler-william-tyrell-20150121-12ux0y.html

Police are sifting through a mountain of bark a few metres from the septic tank as dogs on the property continue to howl.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/caravan-p...iam-tyrell-20150121-12ux0y.html#ixzz3otTJ07RR

bbm
Dog owners? Why did they "howl", what do you think?

Former dog owner here.

In response to sirens/police radio frequency? To let the searchers (ie, strangers) know they were there? Let other neighbourhood dogs/their owners know that there were strangers around? It's a leftover form of communication they share with their wild ancestors; the wolf.

I know in ancient mythology (Egyptian?) a howling dog was meant to be a portent of coming death.

Police are sifting through a mountain of bark a few metres from the septic tank as dogs on the property continue to howl.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/caravan-p...iam-tyrell-20150121-12ux0y.html#ixzz3otTJ07RR

bbm

I have a guard dog and she only ever barks when she feels threatened. I've never heard her howl. I have noticed however that every dog is different. Some dogs in our st bark all day, sometimes one dog will bark or howl and then the rest of them join in for no apparent reason. Another thing is if you walk a dog past a house where another dog resides the dog that lives at that house usually will bark. Sounds simple I know but the point im trying to make is if the police took in their dogs that day, the dogs on the st may have only been responding to the presence of them if that makes sense. I'm guessing the journalist was only trying to set the scene although it does seem an odd thing to mention.
i wonder if they did use sirens that day? I've certainly heard dogs howl from them, also in storms other loud noises etc etc. if something sinister did happen on that property there's no doubt the dogs would know. It's such a shame that we can't communicate with them!

I have a guard dog and she only ever barks when she feels threatened. I've never heard her howl. I have noticed however that every dog is different. Some dogs in our st bark all day, sometimes one dog will bark or howl and then the rest of them join in for no apparent reason. Another thing is if you walk a dog past a house where another dog resides the dog that lives at that house usually will bark. Sounds simple I know but the point im trying to make is if the police took in their dogs that day, the dogs on the st may have only been responding to the presence of them if that makes sense. I'm guessing the journalist was only trying to set the scene although it does seem an odd thing to mention.
i wonder if they did use sirens that day? I've certainly heard dogs howl from them, also in storms other loud noises etc etc. if something sinister did happen on that property there's no doubt the dogs would know. It's such a shame that we can't communicate with them!

BBM.

I thought the phrase was strange too, Chloe. She seemed trying to set the scene for a murder mystery. The first rule of writing is to know your audience; in the SMH's case, the Sydney literati/intelligensia.

I can just imagine the Daily Telegraph's reporting of the search, given their headline, 'Crime Seen', in huge letters on their front page on the day (after?) the 'Ghost Road' search.

btw Another reason(s) dogs howl springs to mind. Separation anxiety/fear, depending on their breed/temperament. I wonder if BS and his family were in attendance in the day of the search? Also, it probably would've altered their routine/restricted their movements. Dogs like conditions around their home to be consistent.

Dogs do know how to communicate with us. Most people just don't know how to listen.

(If my BCX was worried about anything/thought some thing/one was sinister she would blow air through her muzzle and make a low 'boof' sound; almost as if whispering to me . If that happened during the night, I knew I had to get up PDQ and arm myself with a heavy torch.)

Totally agree, it's right up there with believing in the tooth fairy. Does anyone know where this theory originated, was it Facebook by any chance?

I came across the skype photo discussion here. Not Facebook.

How does anyone know that it is a picture of William on Skype, is it a fact or just mere speculation? He could be anywhere doing anything at the time the photo was taken otherwise. And yes i agree, police would know more about that particular photo and was more than likely one of the photos of WT that were given to police by family, IMO. I doubt very much that someone abducting a 3 yr. old child would send police a picture of WT after the fact because that makes no sense at all, for obvious reasons, one of them being if that was in fact the case i don't think police would be making it known to the general public if they are investigating it as some kind of lead in the case.

The photo is of William, screenshots were taken of the photo during the 60 Minute interview. The photo was among other photos of William on the notice board in Jubes offices.

Yes very true Bohemian. Im hoping we hear something soon in regards to this case. I know the police are working very hard but all seems to have gone quiet at the moment. I just hope this means that the next time we hear/read of it in the media that it is because WT has been found and the people involved have been brought to justice.

Could it be, a child in foster care (WT) was abducted to exchange him back for <Modsnip> unrelated children in foster care?
IF, then I don't know :dunno: why at this time and why little spiderman and who would have made the connection?
Had William's sister been in danger to be also abducted, but wasn't playing outside with William and therefore there was no opportunity at this special time?

<modsnip>

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...rs-disappearance/story-e6frg6z6-1227195227854

Did we find out any more info about that grainy photo of William (the one people were speculating was taken after his abduction)? Makara, did anyone get back to you about it?

Keeps bugging me why it was on the police photo board when they have so many other awesome clear pics of our little man. Was it the last pic of him taken before he disappeared? How long after he went missing did this photo first show up in the media? Just keep wondering if it could possibly be a pic that was recovered from a phone/laptop/iPad in one of the POI's possession. Could that be why the police still held out hope that William was alive/safe somewhere? Perhaps if it was on a thumbdrive or laptop that couldn't be linked to just one person?

Just pure speculation on my part but what if police don't believe BS did this himself directly but suspect someone close to BS (family or friend or himself or MS) and are just trying to put the pressure on him believing he is the weakest link? Other people have had access to his work vehicles in the past (MS son has worked for/with him previously, perhaps others also?), might others also have had access to work phone laptop, place of business etc?

Anyone else hugely creeped out that BS (given his previous alleged paedo history) calls all his businesses Speddo's and was also a Pawn-broker??? You know, like the dentists called Dr Chew or butchers called Mr Chop etc.

I wonder what the family reasons were that he left Wellington, sold Speddo's rental world and moved to Laurieton in early 2013. (Never posted a link before so hope this works). http://www.wellingtontimes.com.au/story/1222981/speddos-new-owner-to-make-town-first-choice/

Apologies if this is old ground that has already been covered or that I've missed along the way.

Just editing to add, I didn't realise he hired out so many different household items... could that be why he visited/needed a warehouse space?

i know what you mean with his name and choice of business, like hiding in plain sight,
and i find that blurry photo of william upsetting for some reason, maybe because he looks sad and i wonder too about its origins?
i think bs reason stated for selling his business and moving from wellingston was because of the grandchildren, according to colin
<modsnip>

bbm

the night alison baden clay went missing/was murdered, the neighbours german shepherds howled, maybe at her time of death, they lived near the bridge where she was found. they are so intuitive.

the night alison baden clay went missing/was murdered, the neighbours german shepherds howled, maybe at her time of death, they lived near the bridge where she was found. they are so intuitive.

The dogs were howling at the time of Allison's murder/dumping. These dogs in case WT were howling during a search months later. Did they know, there had happened something unusual and frightening - could that be?

Yes very true Bohemian. Im hoping we hear something soon in regards to this case. I know the police are working very hard but all seems to have gone quiet at the moment. I just hope this means that the next time we hear/read of it in the media that it is because WT has been found and the people involved have been brought to justice.

A 'no news is good news' feeling? If so, that's my hope too. It takes a lot to push away darker thoughts though.

I'd imagine that at the time of the search, police would have requested that any dogs present be restrained or locked away so as not to interfere with the search? Dogs would howl and bark in those circumstances, especially when the property was crawling with strangers and possibly a police dog or two thrown into the mix?

My dog howls when the female dog across the road is on heat.

100548.gif

i know what you mean with his name and choice of business, like hiding in plain sight,
and i find that blurry photo of william upsetting for some reason, maybe because he looks sad and i wonder too about its origins?
i think bs reason stated for selling his business and moving from wellingston was because of the grandchildren, according to colin
<modsnip>

It's very common in Aus to add an O on the end of a name. He was probably called Speddo in his youth. Bottleo, servo, traino, smitho, servo......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dogs always bark when there is unknown people around. Does not mean anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry but they all don't I had one that the only time I heard him bark was when he got stepped on, or saw a squirrel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trotski24