Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #60

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caroline Overington (CO) is also saying FF left at 9:30am and phone records have been checked.....

About 9.30am, William’s foster father left the house. We know this is true because his phone has been tracked. He made a Skype call from an area with better internet connection, then picked up a paper and dropped by the chemist to fill a script.

But from previous statements (timeline)

8.55-9.00 MFC leaves, FFC said in her evidence that the MFC had already left when kids were riding bikes on the driveway.

The day little William vanished into thin air … (theaustralian.com.au)

IMO
It's discrepancies like this that make sleuthing hard. :p

GJ's advice, I caution everyone to just take a step back and stop being armchair detectives.

i wonder if fps are found not guilty of harming william and they are cleared of the assault charges on lt, will they ever be able to foster again?

c379d38c4bc3bf4f6d1e53e712537b9c

dfc0e900b05a514f1db3a86e2afdfb37

b3de83738f4e69d9f7f81829c71e5dc2

ff65ea340baf83964cff2c85a9b4d359

NoCookies | The Australian

William’s foster Mum has told police the later time is the correct one, saying the clock’s camera was off by about two hours.
A forensic digital report into the matter is being conducted, but the results were not released with the photographs today.
The photos are key evidence, because they provide “proof of life” for William on the morning of his disappearance.

It should be possible to prove/disprove the time of these shots by reproducing the shots with identical atmospheric conditions, specifically taking photos from the same angles with the same model camera at a subsequent time. There are enough reflective surfaces and other conditions in a multitude of shots to allow for some level of determination, perhaps not with one photo but there is a multitude of outdoor shots here to work with and the house is still as per the photographs.

IF, WT has fallen from balcony, what if:

FFC is the only one who knows it and has made snap decision to cover it up.
FGM only knows there is sounds of playing then no sounds
MFC only knows WT is missing when he returns
We know everything that happens since then

the 96 minute window is important but.

A cup of tea with FGM before “hey where’s William gone”. Is plausible
Drive off in the car to look for WT with WT secreted in the car. Is plausible
Return (after disposing of WT) and to be so cool as to not miss a beat with the 000 call and subsequent invasion of people the rest of the day. Not plausible
Years later to be interviewed by GJ (and he confirms he went hard) and still not miss a beat. Not plausible.

IF we consider that FGM and MFC could be in on it all, if it started with a fall from the balcony, it’s less plausible. All IMO

Can we take GJ on his word that he "went hard" during this alleged interrogation? He just said to the media that the FFC and main POI in the case was a "very decent human being", potentially prejudicing any future proceedings. He is trying to dispel reports that his investigative work was somewhat lacking. I don't think he's a reliable source of information at this point.

The point of my post is that he has media lawyers to help steer him, while he is doing his media work.
And, even without media lawyers, he will always have the defense of public interest in this case too, which will carry him quite far in a court now he is not a member of LE any longer. While we have a lot of weird judicial problems with defamation laws in this country, the public interest defense has a lot of precedent and is pretty strong, thankfully.

Of course, it is still (institutionally) political for them to imply he mishandled anything or handed over a "messy" case. But likewise, it's (personally) political of him to comment on her character when she is a person of interest. (I don't want to imply actual Federal or State politics are involved by my use of the word political. I more mean it in a sense that it's a game they're playing with each other over the sway of public opinion.)

I’m 4 eps into the podcast where the FFC describes the entire morning and I don’t recall any mention of bike riding, which is odd. I’ll see if it comes up in later episodes I guess. I’m wondering what the discrepancies might be in this podcast (that has been subpoenaed for all the raw audio).
Just my 2 cents: Recently I had to give a lengthy statement to police and I was in shock. I didn't remember some of the details until at least a week later. Even now, several weeks later, if I try to recount the whole incident there are parts where I go blank. My mind gives all its attention to the crucial parts and not the mundane parts.

It should be possible to prove/disprove the time of these shots by reproducing the shots with identical atmospheric conditions, specifically taking photos from the same angles with the same model camera at a subsequent time. There are enough reflective surfaces and other conditions in a multitude of shots to allow for some level of determination, perhaps not with one photo but there is a multitude of outdoor shots here to work with and the house is still as per the photographs.

I agree, I'm thinking everything that can be done has been done to confirm the actual time of the pics, purely because the FM and the 96 minutes after the pics were taken is of interest in this new investigation.

Re: @SLouTh post with link

William’s foster parents told police that the timer on the camera was off by about two hours and it is understood that further investigations have confirmed that.
This is the first I have seen of any explanation

At one stage, the inquest was halted after the coroner agreed to an application by counsel Michelle Swift, who was appearing for William’s biological father, to send that last photograph of William for further testing.

A photographic metadata expert said that the photograph was “created” at 7.39am and “corrected” at 9.37am, which would have resulted in a “missing” two hours.

The original report from X-Ways forensic software said: “Created: 12/09/2014 07:39:54. Corrected time: 12/09/2014 09:37:44.”

But then it goes on to say this.....

William’s foster parents told police that the timer on the camera was off by about two hours and it is understood that further investigations have confirmed that.

William Tyrrell: Inside the police thinking on the case | Daily Telegraph

Can someone explain to me the thoughts on the cup of tea. When did she make it if not when/ the reason she was inside when William went missing. She's surely not stopped searching to go inside and have a cuppa? How was it still warm. Did she make it knowing she was going to say she was inside making tea when he vanished?

This bit feels ick to me.

Gosh, only 1 minute in and already the FF has said they last saw him at 10:15 and the FM said "no".

The other thing that's interesting is that when the FM was asked how she was feeling, she said there are no words to describe, then immediately went on with 100+ words.

IMO.
And the strange comment about the older daughter having to learn to be an only child. What a weird thing to say.

Has anyone got a compilation of the variations in stories from the Foster Mother, from the various sources she has told her story, there is a multitude of problematic inconsistencies, certainly enough to never rule her out as a suspect. I do not see how she could be ruled out as a suspect based on the inconsistencies, that's not to say she is guilty but for her to not be a suspect at any stage of the investigation I find highly problematic.

Great idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member