Australia Australia - William Tyrrell Disappeared While Playing in Yard - Kendall (NSW) #78

Back in November 2021, FGM was also reported as a POI by The Australian.

And yet, her actions have not been discussed in great detail … are we putting too much weight on her Walkthru interview??? Considering it seems to contradict so many things ???

It has also been reported that a “witness for the prosecution had died“ … were they referring to the FGM ??? We don’t know … but it is a possibility … ???

This link still has the FGM Walkthru Video:

Reference:
Paywalled for some.
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/na...l/news-story/0c5a191c57ed5bdc465bfe11e193d3b2
I think it has to be taken into account that only a short part of the FGM's walkthru video has been released / published & I ask myself why?

I personally think that the FGM has alot of details wrong IMO

are we putting too much weight on her Walkthru interview??? Considering it seems to contradict so many things ???

BBM

Yes agree …
I’m not sure it can be taken as an accurate account of the morning…
IMO

I think it has to be taken into account that only a short part of the FGM's walkthru video has been released / published & I ask myself why?

I understand but there is the possibility that other information she has given, whether it's a time, a phonecall that occurred that morning etc, may be proven by police to be more accurate in relation to other information they have and therefore may reduce their doubts about her statements that are directly related to what happened when WT disappeared. IIRC, FGM's walkthrough info really puts his disappearance at about the time the police have adjusted the disappearance to. as an example. MOO

I do, too. She contradicts herself at times, and I believe that the police have the forensics of FD's movements which dispel her recall about an 8am departure.

I think FGM was suffering a lot of anxiety ... first losing her husband, being ill herself, then William disappearing. Probably why her (other) daughter took her elsewhere to stay.

I can only imagine how a grandparent would feel, having their grandchild disappear from their house.

imo

I do, too. She contradicts herself at times, and I believe that the police have the forensics of FD's movements which dispel her recall about an 8am departure.

I think FGM was suffering a lot of anxiety ... first losing her husband, being ill herself, then William disappearing. Probably why her (other) daughter took her elsewhere to stay.

I can only imagine how a grandparent would feel, having their grandchild disappear from their house.

imo
SA, I agree .... being only some 7 months since losing her husband after such a long time together would create quite an adjustment for FGM ... even with the support of her children and friends.

JMO - I do think there would have been some preparation that would have occurred just prior to her Walkthrough (Discussion with FM about the timeline on what had occurred that morning; maybe wiIth FF as well).

Walking through the house with Detective Beacroft and gently being asked some questions, shows FGM becoming confident about what she remembers, and at other times confidently replying to questions from Beacroft 'that she doesn't know the answers'.

As we have learned from Media releases, even the FM seems to have contradicted herself (inconsistencies) in her various statements and interviews.

No doubt Rosann have had quite a task to unravel what actually occurred by checking, confirming and digging for evidence where possible ... thereby trying to construct a scenario of what had occurred that morning.

Maybe new evidence is still being received by Rosann which reinforce/negate a previously constructed scenario ... which has led to the ODPP extending finalising on their decision on whether to charge the FM.

MOO

SA, I agree .... being only some 7 months since losing her husband after such a long time together would create quite an adjustment for FGM ... even with the support of her children and friends.

JMO - I do think there would have been some preparation that would have occurred just prior to her Walkthrough (Discussion with FM about the timeline on what had occurred that morning; maybe wiIth FF as well).

Walking through the house with Detective Beacroft and gently being asked some questions, shows FGM becoming confident about what she remembers, and at other times confidently replying to questions from Beacroft 'that she doesn't know the answers'.

As we have learned from Media releases, even the FM seems to have contradicted herself (inconsistencies) in her various statements and interviews.

No doubt Rosann have had quite a task to unravel what actually occurred by checking, confirming and digging for evidence where possible ... thereby trying to construct a scenario of what had occurred that morning.

Maybe new evidence is still being received by Rosann which reinforce/negate a previously constructed scenario ... which has led to the ODPP extending finalising on their decision on whether to charge the FM.

MOO
Sorry (My mistake) the Walkthrough with FGM was conducted by Detective Vanessa Partridge.

Wonder how they are going to proceed?? Obviously there will be reports of SFR’s work for the Coroner delivered, but I wonder who they are going to call this time??

Just reading in this linked article where Mr Craddock said that, closer to the resumption of the inquest, a list of issues that will be examined will be circulated.

That list may give us some indication of who will be called to testify. (I think some parts of the list will be "leaked" if the list is not publicly available.)

With FM's lawyer publicly saying that they want to hear what evidence forms the basis of the charges submitted to the DPP, perhaps that will be included in upcoming inquest testimony.

imo

With FM's lawyer publicly saying that they want to hear what evidence forms the basis of the charges submitted to the DPP, perhaps that will be included in upcoming inquest testimony.
Because SFR have only asked the ODPP for “Pre-charge Advice” rather than any actual charges being laid, I don’t think that legally, the ODPP is obligated to hand over any information to FM Lawyers at this stage …..

Of course that will change, if charges are laid …. The ODPP will have to provide information to FM’s Lawyer. (Usually, by a future date, set by the initial magistrate, when charges are laid)

It appears, at this stage it is at the discretion of SFR / NSW Police as to whether they hand over any information…

It seems there are always legal ways to get around things…. Especially with the way things are legally worded …

The DPP told Daily Mail Australia on Wednesday, 'the fact that a matter has been referred to for pre-charge advice, the content of the advice and the fact that advice has been provided will not be disclosed to a third party unless legal privilege has been waived'.

That privilege rests with NSW Police, it said.

Last edited:
Because SFR have only asked the ODPP for “Pre-charge Advice” rather than any actual charges being laid, I don’t think that legally, the ODPP is obligated to hand over any information to FM Lawyers at this stage …..

Of course that will change, if charges are laid …. The ODPP will have to provide information to FM’s Lawyer. (Usually, by a future date, set by the initial magistrate, when charges are laid)

It appears, at this stage it is at the discretion of SFR / NSW Police as to whether they hand over any information…

It seems there are always legal ways to get around things…. Especially with the way things are legally worded …

The DPP told Daily Mail Australia on Wednesday, 'the fact that a matter has been referred to for pre-charge advice, the content of the advice and the fact that advice has been provided will not be disclosed to a third party unless legal privilege has been waived'.

That privilege rests with NSW Police, it said.

I think that just means that the police will or will not inform the public/media/interested parties of the DPP decision.

I think whatever they have would have to be submitted in the updated brief of evidence to the Coroner. Otherwise it would be the police withholding evidence from the Coroner, which would seem pretty counterproductive.

imo

Just reading in this linked article where Mr Craddock said that, closer to the resumption of the inquest, a list of issues that will be examined will be circulated.

That list may give us some indication of who will be called to testify. (I think some parts of the list will be "leaked" if the list is not publicly available.)
I think we were all hoping this information would be released at the Directions Hearing in a couple of weeks …. (Feb 23)

It will be interesting to see what is announced that day, or possibly earlier, if the Coroners Office makes a public statement regarding the information released yesterday… (Still only by one publication ..)

IMO

I think we were all hoping this information would be released at the Directions Hearing in a couple of weeks …. (Feb 23)

It will be interesting to see what is announced that day, or possibly earlier, if the Coroners Office makes a public statement regarding the information released yesterday… (Still only by one publication ..)

IMO
I'm betting that there will be no directions hearing on the 23/2/24.

There is no listing for a directions hearing for WT on 23/2/24 & Coroner Grahame has a hearing that day too starting @ 09:30

I'm betting that there will be no directions hearing on the 23/2/24.

There is no listing for a directions hearing for WT on 23/2/24 & Coroner Grahame has a hearing that day too starting @ 09:30

Excellent Pick Up Doc!!!

Well let’s hope they make some sort of official statement soon!

I was reading this article from August 2023 - it is about how overwhelmed the NSW Coronial courts are. The upper house did a review of the system and made 35 recommendations, saying that a complete overhaul of the system was needed.
(One recommendation had been implemented at the time of the article.)

Just thought it was interesting, due to some focus on the Coroner's court in William's case and the complexity of the case.

Some 7,651 deaths were reported to the State Coroner at the end of 2022, 932 more than the previous year, but inquests held have been trending downward, which the former government said were becoming increasingly lengthy and complex.

I was reading this article from August 2023 - it is about how overwhelmed the NSW Coronial courts are. The upper house did a review of the system and made 35 recommendations, saying that a complete overhaul of the system was needed.
(One recommendation had been implemented at the time of the article.)

Just thought it was interesting, due to some focus on the Coroner's court in William's case and the complexity of the case.

Some 7,651 deaths were reported to the State Coroner at the end of 2022, 932 more than the previous year, but inquests held have been trending downward, which the former government said were becoming increasingly lengthy and complex.

Generally it takes about 4-5 yrs to get a coronial inquest IMO , unless it's deemed urgent & a matter of national security etc ie The Lindt Siege Inquest which I think commenced within 6 weeks & went for 20 months - it was very eye opening & alot done on the fly day by day .

there must have been a witness for police to know an object was thrown from the car when fm took that morning drive otherwise how would they know?
IMO - I’ve always wondered this, it was definitely made clear to the public that the police believed something was thrown from the car. I can only think it was the truck driver, maybe, that reported it. But what could it have been?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DorianM4C
Back