Australia Australia - Zac Barnes, 18, Hunter Valley NSW, 13 Nov 2016

Hills88

Reaction score
Long time luker of WS. But it is the first time creating a thread, so I hope I did it okay. I have been following Zac's case for awhile now and when I searched on WS, I couldn't find him. My heart breaks for his family especially his mother.

Tuesday marks the second birthday since Zac’s November 2016 disappearance when, according to friends, he suddenly jumped from a mate’s car and ran into bushland at Thornton.

In what is one of the hardest days of the year for the family, Zac’s mother Karen Gudelj is committed to using the occasion for a positive cause.

Helping cause behind Zac’s birthday celebration

Missing since:
Sunday, November 13, 2016
Thornton NSW
Responsible jurisdiction:
NSW
Age now:
Year of birth:
Height:
180cm
Build:
Medium
Hair:
Brown
Eyes:
Brown
Complexion:
Fair
Distinguishing Features:
Tattoo of 'VB' Beer logo on right calf
Circumstances
Zac Barnes who was last seen at about 8.00pm on Sunday 13 November 2016 at Thornton NSW. Zac was last seen wea
Zac BARNES

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1533009669899.jpg
    FB_IMG_1533009669899.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 23
The "friends" say he got out of the car and ran to a bush. I'm guessing to pee. It seems things from the family are missing, like did he say he was going to walk the rest of the way, was that in fact what he got out to do? Was the exact location remembered correctly by the friends. Before even looking at a map of the area I got an image of sinking in my head, like a sink hole or maybe quicksand like scenario. Looking at this area on maps it looks very swampy and even a possible old quarry nearby.

Family teenager vanished two years seeking coronial inquest mystery surrounding disappearance | Daily Mail Online

Zac hasn't used his bank accounts, social media, Medicare card or phone since the day he went missing.

Shortly after Zac's disappearance, new allegations arose suggesting he owed people money or may have made some 'foolish mistakes'.

But his mother quickly dispelled any possible theories that may have risen out of that allegation, saying 'the person he owed money to is nobody sinister.'

'In fact, that person has been very helpful with police investigations.'

'All I want is the truth,' she said.

'If he has met harm, accident or no accident, I don't care who or what happened I just want to be able to put our boy to rest and give him the farewell he deserves.'

This case was considered in this event, hope there will be some new clues!

A group of cyber sleuths from Adelaide has taken out the national missing persons "hackathon", finding nearly 100 new pieces of information for police to investigate.

Key points:350 cyber experts took part in the National Missing Persons Hackathon last weekThe Adelaide team from Saab Australia found 97 new pieces of informationIt's the first time the event has been held in Australia

The team from Saab Australia placed first out of 96 teams which took part in the National Missing Persons Hackathon last week.

The event was the first of its kind to be held in Australia and saw more than 350 "ethical hackers" gather at 10 locations around the country to generate leads for 12 of Australia's missing-person cold cases.
Adelaide cyber sleuths win missing persons 'hackathon'

I listened to the Podcast this week. I don’t think Zac is with us any more and the last 2-3 people he was with know what happened to him. Motive appears to be money owing for a drug debt.

I listened to the podcast as well, it gave me the shivers when his mum Karen said she had spoken to a psychic who had mentioned something about a swamp which they decided to check. They found nothing, however, Karen said she had a strange feeling and was lead back there only to find heavy footprints and dog tracks which were not there prior.

Could this mean that whoever had a hand in his disappearance was watching, or lives close enough to monitor activity in the area?

Bumping for Zac. I lived in Thornton when this happened. I also helped look in the bushland where Zac was supposedly last seen. His mum is such a beautiful and strong woman who deserves to know what happened to her son. Zac and his mum are constantly in my thoughts. His friends say he was in a bad headspace when he jumped out of the car leaving his phone and wallet behind. I believe they know much more than they say. Some friends!

So a little about me quick,

my mind was innocent before as to drugs and people using it.

fast-forward, i started working the night scene bartending. And when i tell u, something i wouldve never ever notice before but almost everyone used drugs. Young beautiful girls to old disgusting managers of the establishment.

i know because it was apparent no one was hiding it after a while of gettin to know them better. Had i not known looking back the girls n managers looked just like normal ppl to me.

but after seeing them at the begining of the work schd and thru out the night... them goin back n forth to the bathroom. Personalities def changed and became odd to me.

grinding mouth
Bulging eyes
Talking way to much
Weird movements
Smoking more cigs then usual

i took a friend home once after work n she would not go to sleep she drove me crazy talking all night and morning till the afternoon. Never again

My theory on Zac is that he was on drugs, maybe something he hadnt tried before and he was tripping off of it. This is what this sounds like to me.

esp his friend going to check up on him and he was acting bizarre.

His mother mentions his dad was a drug addict and how much Zac hated it. But friends do peer pressure you. And i was peer pressured plenty of times. I too would never use drugs cuz my dad was an abuser of drugs.. how i know? Looking back after working with these girls my dad would act odd just like them around the house.. paranoid, eyes wide and peeping thru the peep hole as if someone was outside knocking. He would do this continuously. But besides looking back as i grew older my mom told me she left him cuz of drug abuse.

well my story after seeing these girls do it so much and bein offered. I tried a teeny bit of it and it tripped me out.

heart racing
Panicking
Shivering
Dry mouth
Felt like death the list goes on

i didnt have the same reaction the girls had, they enjoyed it. I didnt and would never try it again. But u see how u can easily persuaded into thinking something is normal and how everyone has different reactions.

Maybe the friends he was with knew he was tripping and will never admit tht they were for a fact all using drugs that weekend. Maybe the 1,000 Was to party w drugs, up coming week.. and to pay a miniature debt he had from the week before. Maybe the week before was the week he tried the drugs liked it and said the upcoming week he was going to try it again. And did a little bit more then he can handle.

Just seems to me like he was hving a bad trip. And trust me friends dont think oh well lets go to the hospital, they laugh and tell u chill because not everyone reacts the same and some people don’t understand not everyone’s tolerance is the same.

that time i felt like crap n kept telling my friends take me to the hosp, they told me no.. and that ill feel better later. Which i didnt, if i can tell u the whole scenerio its a creepy one and i def couldve been on the missing persons bulletin. So im not gonna call them friends at this point.

Well im tell u guys so u can get a picture to what happened...

I was working that night bartending with a girl i thought was my friend. Usually well drink while working and if we got to trashed to drive home we would rent a hotel room next to the club to sleep it off then go home.

we got the room, she was dating the manager at the time. And said they wanted to continue drinking and he was bringing us a bottle of liquor to the room to continue. When he came he came with a friend of his i didnt know. They all was using this drug. Which they convinced me to try, and i did. Somehow the girls bf left said he would be back but infact he didnt come back he got upset and jealous saying she was talkin to his friend too much. Thru out the night he kept texting her to leave the room. And he kept calling... at this time i wasnt feeling well n i was panicking. She knew i was she even put me in the shower to calm down. I kept tellin her i think i need to go to the hospital i didnt feel well. Her and the managers friend the other guy kept trying to calm me down. She said she had to go to her car quick to talk to her boyfriend. She left tellin me she would be right back. I was in the bed lying down feeling like *advertiser censored*. 1 hr passed n i texted her to she why it was takin her long. she kept telling me she was still in her car on the phone. While i was layin on the bed still unable to function right the guy then laid in the bed with me and started to touch on me. I got nervous and kept texting her to hurry up that the guy was being a creep, for her to then tell me she been left home and she was home n sorry for leaving me. I had to lie to him.. feeling like *advertiser censored* couldnt even function right i told him ima go speak to her quick in her car. I left the room called a cab to go over to her house. Thank god the cab driver was a woman. It was 6am in the morning and i was sick. I was throwing up in the cab and the lady was very concerned about my well being. I got to my supposed friends apt. And tried to sleep it off.

But thats my story and alot of these stories dont end well.

i hope Zac is found and hes friends should tell the truth if that is in fact the truth. It would make alot of sense to the family and everyone else.

Zac Barnes’ family continue search for answers five years after he went missing in the NSW Hunter Valley
Summer Woolley
Published: Friday, 12 November 2021 2:43 PM AEDT
https://7news.com.au/news/nsw/zac-b...TXYz2zk2FPrj0CkbOSvjenm-jw_WP-3YDD_j0ZMFS8Djg

‘It’s a story that is considered out of character, and five years on, his mother Karen Gudeji is still searching for answers.

“How can this be so .... Zac is still missing,” she wrote on Thursday.

“The month’s May and November are always hard. May being his birthday and November when he disappeared never to be seen again. This November 2021 marks 5 very long years.’

https://7news.com.au/news/nsw/zac-barnes-family-continue-search-for-answers-five-years-after-he-went-missing-in-the-nsw-hunter-valley-c-4484249

Zac Barnes: Missing since November 13, 2016, from Thornton on the NSW Central Coast

Zac Barnes (pictured) vanished without a trace from his hometown in the New South Wales Hunter Valley region on a Sunday evening on November 13, 2016

Zac Barnes (pictured) vanished without a trace from his hometown in the New South Wales Hunter Valley region on a Sunday evening on November 13, 2016
1690883338989.jpeg
Zac Barnes was travelling in car through his hometown Thorton, NSW, with two men on Sunday November 13, 2016 when he became panicked, jumped out of the vehicle and ran into bushland. That was the last time anyone has seen him.

The then-18-year-old bricklayer had plans to spend the weekend with mates after work on Friday, but the events leading up to his disappearance remain unclear.

His friends said he fled from the vehicle at about 8pm at the intersection of Haussman Drive and Tripp Close, but his mother Karen Gudeli has never believed their story.

The two men who were the last to see Zac said he suddenly became distressed and jumped from the car at about 8pm at the intersection of Haussman Drive and Tripp Close (pictured)

The two men who were the last to see Zac said he suddenly became distressed and jumped from the car at about 8pm at the intersection of Haussman Drive and Tripp Close (pictured)

Zac was last seen wearing a faded blue singlet, dark blue board shorts and work boots and his bank accounts, social media, Medicare card or phone since have remained untouched since the day he went missing.

The heartbroken family were struck by tragedy again in October this year, when Zac's younger brother Liam, 19, took his own life.

The NSW coroner last month announced an inquest would be held into Zac's disappearance, with a date yet to be set.

Oh I didn’t realise this family had lost another son so tragically. Heartbreaking, Zac‘s mum has fought so hard to get answers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BROTHEROFLISA
Back