Found Alive AZ - Alicia Navarro, 14, autistic, Glendale, 16 Sep 2019 *found in 2023* #2

NOV 20, 2023
Since his Oct. 23 arrest, Edmund Davis, 36, has been held on $1 million bail on two felony counts of the sexual abuse of children. His public defender, Casey Moore, said he would file a motion for a bail reduction hearing after speaking with Davis’ father and the prosecutor, Assistant Attorney General Dan Guzynski.

No further hearings were immediately scheduled.

"Since his Oct. 23 arrest, Edmund Davis, 36, has been held on $1 million bail on two felony counts of the sexual abuse of children. His public defender, Casey Moore, said he would file a motion for a bail reduction hearing after speaking with Davis' father and the prosecutor, Assistant Attorney General Dan Guzynski."

Sounds like his Dad might be vouching for his release.

"Since his Oct. 23 arrest, Edmund Davis, 36, has been held on $1 million bail on two felony counts of the sexual abuse of children. His public defender, Casey Moore, said he would file a motion for a bail reduction hearing after speaking with Davis' father and the prosecutor, Assistant Attorney General Dan Guzynski."

Sounds like his Dad might be vouching for his release.
willing to put his house up for bail... I don't know if he is a flight risk... but I wouldn't .

Yikes, what a nightmare. When a son or daughter goes that far wrong, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of parents might feel some guilt or responsibility, even if it's not warranted. Kind of the flip side of the pride we feel when our kids do well?

Also, now I'm wondering how the state goes about proving their case. For ex. if the CP being found on a device that ED owns is the end of that story. Or if ED and his lawyer could possibly introduce sufficient doubt by claiming that other people also had access to his phone or computer.

Last edited:
It sounds like the CSAM involves very young children - devastating and I really hope the sentence is on the high end to reflect this (presuming he is guilty here). If ED is the person who groomed/lured AN as a 14 yo I really hope he literally rots in prison.

Yikes, what a nightmare. When a son or daughter goes that far wrong, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of parents might feel some guilt or responsibility, even if it's not warranted. Kind of the flip side of the pride we feel when our kids do well?

Also, now I'm wondering how the state goes about proving their case. For ex. if the CP being found on a device that ED owns is the end of that story. Or if ED and his lawyer could possibly introduce sufficient doubt by claiming that other people also had access to his phone or computer.
I think a parent's natural instinct is to believe the best of their children. It really is sad for families when this happens. I am sure they are scared for his safety and it can be hard to rationalize the crime with the person you know. I guess kind of a rose colored glasses thing.

I think a parent's natural instinct is to believe the best of their children. It really is sad for families when this happens. I am sure they are scared for his safety and it can be hard to rationalize the crime with the person you know. I guess kind of a rose colored glasses thing.
I agree.

Also, this thread made me think about what we'd all do if one of our kids (or other people closest to us) did something horrendous. Would y'all wash your hands of them?

Inmates with good family support do tend to have better outcomes and less recidivism (if they are ever released). So it's also better for society, regardless of their crime.

Personally, I feel much more responsibility for my grown children than I do for anyone else because I gave birth to them and raised them. They'd be the hardest for me to walk away from.

Anyway, for those who would not walk away, the next issue imo becomes determining where the line is between support and actually becoming an accomplice or enabler.

For ex., is trying to get the bond lowered and putting up the money for it support (if you believe in that) or is it enabling?

I am not sure but definitely grateful to not be in those shoes.

Last edited:
I agree.

Also, this thread made me think about what we'd all do if one of our kids (or other people closest to us) did something horrendous. Would y'all wash your hands of them?

Inmates with good family support do tend to have better outcomes and less recidivism (if they are ever released). So it's also better for society, regardless of their crime.

Personally, I feel much more responsibility for my grown children than I do for anyone else because I gave birth to them and raised them. They'd be the hardest for me to walk away from.

Anyway, for those who would not walk away, the next issue imo becomes determining where the line is between support and actually becoming an accomplice or enabler.

For ex., is trying to get the bond lowered and putting up the money for it support (if you believe in that) or is it enabling?

I have to wonder if perhaps we will learn that ED is not neurotypical. Maybe it would have come out by now, not sure.

I can absolutely see it being used as part of a defense. Impulsivity is a trait common to people living with autism. Perhaps it will be argued that he didn't understand the material he was downloading or that it was wrong, etc etc.
I was worried that’s what you meant! Unfortunately, I could see that happening as well. How insulting to autistic and neurodivergent folks. A smart jury will see through it.

I was worried that’s what you meant! Unfortunately, I could see that happening as well. How insulting to autistic and neurodivergent folks. A smart jury will see through it.
Absolutely and by no means do I intend to imply that neurodivergent people are more likely to commit crimes of ANY kind (esp this one!). I can just see it being used in an attempt to muddy the waters of culpability.

If someone was found to have mental or emotional limitations that prevented them from understanding right from wrong or being able to control themselves, punishment/prison might not be appropriate.

But, hopefully, then they’d still be contained or supervised enough to keep them from doing more harm in the future.

And I wouldn’t think someone who was able to live independently and hold a job etc. would meet that threshold. It seems he was able to keep his activities well hidden too. JMO

ETA: But I agree that his attorney might try anything they can think of to try to get their client out of trouble.

Last edited:
I agree.

RBBM: <modsnip> IMO the likelihood of ED reoffending or being a "flight risk" is very high.

No bail IMHO.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can absolutely see it being used as part of a defense. Impulsivity is a trait common to people living with autism. Perhaps it will be argued that he didn't understand the material he was downloading or that it was wrong, etc etc.
I hear you, but don’t think would fly personally. Impulsively is around doing something in the moment, often in immediate response to something. I don’t think searching and downloading CSAM would qualify. And I think there would need to be very significant diagnostic evidence to argue that ED didn’t comprehend that it was wrong. MOO IANAL.

Well, it appears ED only has two CP charges to fight now. For some reason, it seems they only chose to proceed with those.

IMO a lot of it will probably depend on what type of defense his family pays for or he lucks into. (For extreme examples of that, there are the trials of O.J. Simpson and Casey Anthony.)

Of course, then they’d try anything they can think of, any mental/emotional issues he may have, if others had access to his electronics, why he may have thought the images were AI generated, why he may have thought the images were of someone he knew and intended to report them but just didn’t get around to it, etc. ad nauseum.

Or an over burdened system might just go for a plea bargain.

And if he has a jury trial, only one of the jurors has to side with him (I think that’s correct, anyway?)

So at this point, I’ll just go with “stay tuned.” If my stomach is string enough for it. MOO

Last edited:
this thread made me think about what we'd all do if one of our kids (or other people closest to us) did something horrendous. Would y'all wash your hands of them?

No, but I really don't think I'd try to help my son get out of prison if he was an adult and there for something predatory. People need to be strong enough to protect children above their desire to protect the predatory relative.

If I were on the jury and the defense implied that, I would think, "I guess that's why he allegedly tried to hide his phone in the garbage can, because he didn't know it was wrong??"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oiueroiuweoiruoiwueroiuwe
Back