AZ AZ - Amy Yachimec, 13, Phoenix, 6 Nov 1981

I dont think the Polaroid is Amy fwiw. Her story seems, unfortunately, much more cut and dried to me. But that is jmo.

If anyone can reach out and let us know if the Raymond Diaz mentioned on this thread is the POI I would be so grateful. I would love to know if those charges were related to Amy's disappearance or another case.

I dont think the Polaroid is Amy fwiw. Her story seems, unfortunately, much more cut and dried to me. But that is jmo.

If anyone can reach out and let us know if the Raymond Diaz mentioned on this thread is the POI I would be so grateful. I would love to know if those charges were related to Amy's disappearance or another case.

Hi Believe,

You mean that poor quality picture I presume that looks like it has been scanned so many times? I don't know. I think it's Amy. However, a better quality photo might yield more clues.

I totally agree about RD being a POI in this case, and potentially more than that.

Satch

The Doe Network page for the girl in the polaroid lists blue eyes...I think it is the horrible polaroid copy, not sure how they were able to determine blue, but I am sure the FBI must have had the ability to enlarge it and look at itin greater detail than we can.

Here is the description...

Unidentified Female
•Last seen on June 15, 1989 in Port St. Joe, Gulf County, Florida.

Vital Statistics

•Estimated age: 15 - 16 years old
•Approximate Height and Weight: 5'0"
•Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown hair and blue eyes

I do see the Tara resemblance, but the eyebrow doesn't look (arched like Tara), her eyebrows and eyes look more like Amy to me..

Wow I didn't know that. And I have always thought that about the eyebrows also. Heartbreaking they never found out who this poor girl was

No it isnt against TOS-go for it!! This case is stalled-I wonder what it would take to get it going? I wonder if LE needs resources like dogs? Maricopa is huge-I would bet they have done a few HRD searches in the area they believe she is.

Maricopa also has a lot of cases and I'm sure a limited amount of time, resources, and manpower to allocate.

My county has less than 50 MP's and less than 30 UID cases in NamUs. And I live in a major metropolitan area.

Meanwhile, Maricopa County has over 200 MP's and about 180 UID cases in NamUs. Yikes.

Maricopa also has a lot of cases and I'm sure a limited amount of time, resources, and manpower to allocate.

My county has less than 50 MP's and less than 30 UID cases in NamUs. And I live in a major metropolitan area.

Meanwhile, Maricopa County has over 200 MP's and about 180 UID cases in NamUs. Yikes.

Yes they see a whole lot of traffic there. If it is any consolation, I have had a long history with that ME's department and they are nothing short of spectacular. Right up there with Fulton County and San Bernadino.

That being said, the more hands on deck the better.

The original oft scanned picture of Amy is on her FB page along with several others. I think we might have included it here on the thread in the last few days-I can try and bring it over but I want to get permission of the page owner first. Maybe we can update the cover photo on the front page as well.

Has Amy's sister said anything via FB yet? I do hope she returns and hopefully say something. I wonder if she still read the posts suggesting she submit her DNA to NamUS, because that would be helpful and could clear up whether she's any of the Does people have suggested.

I wonder why they suspect foul play right off the bat? From what little info I was able to find, seems like she may have been taken over the border in human trafficking, or even in the states still for human trafficking.

According to the posts made by her sister, the suspicious couple killed Amy, showed up on her family's doorstep to ask if anything was wrong, went home, and left again to bury Amy. If LE knows what time they returned that could help. If they were gone for a couple of hours that would not be enough time to drive somewhere and drop her off IMO unless we're talking about the same city or an adjacent one.

Why in the world would they stop by to ask if anything was wrong?? And the guy was nude wrapped in a blanket. So weird

It really seems like a possible match to me.

Beyond the similar looking composite:

Amy's height is listed at 5'3", decedents height is 4'8-5'2" which seems close enough to consider.

Amy was age 13 years 9 months, decedent is listed as 14-18 which is also very close.

Hair colour of both is brown, both appear similar build.

AND, the blue terry cloth shirt is listed as Amy having worn, decedent is listed as wearing a blue/white terry cloth shirt.

Amy is missing from Arizona and decedent is found in Texas, BUT, she was found beside a hwy overpass where she'd likely been dumped so the killer could have been traveling.

Time span fits. Amy missing November 1981, decedent found skeletanized Jan 1, 1984 thought to have died at least 1 year prior....Amy would have been missing just over 2 years at that point.

The UID you are referring to is thought to be Mindi Chambers. Unfortunately, she can't be positively identified or ruled out. The second post on the following thread goes into further detail:

Obstructions to matching the missing and UID -Q&A's/FAQ's only please! - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Why in the world would they stop by to ask if anything was wrong?? And the guy was nude wrapped in a blanket. So weird

Seriously, that's just so suspicious to me. IMO they were trying to sound innocent by offering help, etc but messed up their timing and so became even more suspicious. I have no idea what's up with the blanket, I mean, someone trying to seem innocent would go over there dressed and looking respectable, wouldn't they? :waitasec: Wild speculation but what if they knew what they had done and were just trying to bait the family because they knew there would be no evidence against them, and the blanket was somehow relevant to the case. JMO of course.

Seriously, that's just so suspicious to me. IMO they were trying to sound innocent by offering help, etc but messed up their timing and so became even more suspicious. I have no idea what's up with the blanket, I mean, someone trying to seem innocent would go over there dressed and looking respectable, wouldn't they? :waitasec: Wild speculation but what if they knew what they had done and were just trying to bait the family because they knew there would be no evidence against them, and the blanket was somehow relevant to the case. JMO of course.

I also agree-there are many cases I have come across where the person who did it tries to pt an emphasis on their concern for the person, or even help look for them.

I also agree-there are many cases I have come across where the person who did it tries to pt an emphasis on their concern for the person, or even help look for them.

I wonder if they eventually participated in the searches? If they mentioned a specific area, at all, that could be worth investigating. Nothing seems to indicate that they did though so I do believe that it was either a failed attempt at sounding innocent or a taunt. I wonder where that blanket came from and if LE ever found it.

Since I've been on WS it seems it happens more often than not that the perps get involved in the case in some way or another trying to appear innocent and caring

I found two NAMUS cases for Jane Does in Amy's age range found on the same day-how odd is that? Both in Orange, but two different ME's. Case 4573, 84-0003 which is listed in the previous posts, and 4574, PA84-0009.

Neither Doe has a mandible recovered, but they were wearing different clothing and had different hair lengths.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/full_report/4573
The address is simply identified in NAMUS as Orange County, TX

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/full_report/4574
1005 Ridgewood St, Vidor TX

ETA: These have to be related.

This is very interesting. Thanks for sharing...and how sad.

Does anyone know if there is any way to check and see if either the first UID listed in the above post ^^^ was ever compared to Amy for a match? IMO its a strong possibility.

Are they in CODIS? And are they listed on the UIDs Namus rule out list?

Are they in CODIS? And are they listed on the UIDs Namus rule out list?

I haven't figured out how to search CODIS and I don't see any rule out list on the Namus pages (following the links above) Maybe I am not doing it right? I am kinda new to this.

Even after reading about Amy's neighbor, I am still thoroughly convinced Amy is Blairstown's Princess Doe.

My theory is that Amy went with her neighbor Raymond Diaz and his wife (either willingly or unwillingly), who possibly raped her and then sold her into the sex trade. She was sent to New York City where she remained until she was murdered by Arthur Kinlaw (for whom it sounds like she was working as a prostitute.)

It certainly sounds like Diaz had sex trafficking connections, especially given his threats made towards Amy that her friend recalls. Isotope testing on Princess Doe shows she grew up in Arizona but had spent the last 5 months (at least) of her life in Long Island, and between 7-10 months before her death she spent time in the midwest/northeast. Amy disappeared November 1981--Princess Doe was killed July 1982--8 1/2 months later. What if she was sold to a person who brought her across the country and through the midwest and settled in Long Island, where she was sold to the Kinlaws who then murdered her for some reason? What if Diaz and his wife claimed they killed her knowing that her body would never be found (since she wasn't dead), therefore they'd never be convicted of it? It sounds like Diaz was messed up on drugs, hearing how he showed up at Amy's house naked antagonizing them. People will do crazy things if they're addicted to drugs, such as befriend a teenager and sell her for drug money. Also, I'm guessing that most girls who are kidnapped and sold into the sex trade are forced to use drugs and develop a drug habit, making it nearly impossible for them to leave, which would explain why Amy (according to my theory, anyway) worked as a prostitute for nearly a year before being killed.

I am wondering who told Amy's sister she was raped, murdered, and buried under a bush in the desert?

Even after reading about Amy's neighbor, I am still thoroughly convinced Amy is Blairstown's Princess Doe.

My theory is that Amy went with her neighbor Raymond Diaz and his wife (either willingly or unwillingly), who possibly raped her and then sold her into the sex trade. She was sent to New York City where she remained until she was murdered by Arthur Kinlaw (for whom it sounds like she was working as a prostitute.)

It certainly sounds like Diaz had sex trafficking connections, especially given his threats made towards Amy that her friend recalls. Isotope testing on Princess Doe shows she grew up in Arizona but had spent the last 5 months (at least) of her life in Long Island, and between 7-10 months before her death she spent time in the midwest/northeast. Amy disappeared November 1981--Princess Doe was killed July 1982--8 1/2 months later. What if she was sold to a person who brought her across the country and through the midwest and settled in Long Island, where she was sold to the Kinlaws who then murdered her for some reason? What if Diaz and his wife claimed they killed her knowing that her body would never be found (since she wasn't dead), therefore they'd never be convicted of it? It sounds like Diaz was messed up on drugs, hearing how he showed up at Amy's house naked antagonizing them. People will do crazy things if they're addicted to drugs, such as befriend a teenager and sell her for drug money. Also, I'm guessing that most girls who are kidnapped and sold into the sex trade are forced to use drugs and develop a drug habit, making it nearly impossible for them to leave, which would explain why Amy (according to my theory, anyway) worked as a prostitute for nearly a year before being killed.

I am wondering who told Amy's sister she was raped, murdered, and buried under a bush in the desert?[/Q]

Does anyone know if Amy was already ruled-out? She would be a good match for Princess Doe, and I'm not sure if she was even on the rule-out or PM list on the Princess Doe website.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberlynn566
Back