AZ AZ - Chelsea Grimm, 32, traveling from San Diego CA to CT, car found Oct 5 on Forest Rd 6 near Williams, she was last seen in Williams, 28 Sep 2023

If she was with her vehicle in that isolated area where the car was found(as I understood from reading the article in the thread), I don't see there'd be a high chance of her being carjacked from that location. Could the vehicle have broken down and she tried to walk for help? I didn't recall seeing if the vehicle was driveable, had gas, or if it was in an area of cell phone receiption.

I'm curious about why there's a 2 day gap between Williams and her onward travel (no one does that on a cross-country trip of such length, when they are trying to get to a wedding/people they know).

Why would she (two days after Williams) be out near Ash Fork? Ash Fork is just 20 minutes from Williams.

Why were there two flat tires?? (Vehicle not driveable - but why??)

Agree. Strongly. She is originally from Connecticut, started this trip from her current hometown (San Diego) and according to her FB, lived in AZ briefly but never in Phoenix (some of the articles are saying she's a "Phoenix area" woman. She's not, AFAIK.

Ash Fork is about 150 miles north of Phoenix. It has a completely different climate and topography as the desert. Probably ok to be barefoot, but yeah it’s a little weird she’s barefoot, right?!

Ash Fork is at a fairly high altitude (so not scorching hot). It's almost a mile above sea level. She describes herself as a free spirit. I don't find it weird that she's barefoot.

I'm not sure how Phoenix is relevant (except that she might have passed through it on her way from San Diego). Some headlines describe her as a "Phoenix woman," but her FB timeline doesn't allow any time for her to have lived in Phoenix. Her AZ address is on the California border, near Lake Havasu.

She has had a very interesting and somewhat footloose approach to life, from her FB, anyway.

I think she's wearing wireless headphones - the whole point of which is that you can still listen to your music or book while outside your car or doing housework or walking around (with sound source within 100 feet or so). Freedom to listen to something while doing others things.

IMO.

She seems to be a fan of solo retreats and spending time alone with nature, and going by her SM she has done trips of this type in Arizona in the past.

I really hope that’s the explanation, that she’s just wandered off and is doing her own thing for a while, but she also strikes me as very fragile and vulnerable. Of course you can’t make these assessments with certainty just from what people wrote online but…she just does.

Just read up on her case now. Definitely not a lot of information out there. Was she a free spirit type? Or did she normally text and check in with relatives or friends daily, hourly? When was anyone last in contact with her? Did it seem like she was going to drive as quickly as possible to CT, staying in hotels, or do friends think she would sleep in her car to save money and sightsee along the way? Was her phone found in the car?

Just read up on her case now. Definitely not a lot of information out there. Was she a free spirit type? Or did she normally text and check in with relatives or friends daily, hourly? When was anyone last in contact with her? Did it seem like she was going to drive as quickly as possible to CT, staying in hotels, or do friends think she would sleep in her car to save money and sightsee along the way? Was her phone found in the car?

She says she's the Free Spirit type on her FB.

From her FB:

//I'm just a psychologically & artistically based free-spirit, mixed up with pixie-dust & gold flecks... I LOVE music, well most music. I hate all (well, most) people but LOVE my family, friends, and animals... What else u wanna know!?//

Plus, she travels barefoot. And drives (rather than flies) cross country to meet up with family (at a wedding). Mentions she is mixed up with Pixie Dust.

To me, that means "free spirit," especially as she herself uses the term.

IMO>

She seems to be a fan of solo retreats and spending time alone with nature, and going by her SM she has done trips of this type in Arizona in the past.

I really hope that’s the explanation, that she’s just wandered off and is doing her own thing for a while, but she also strikes me as very fragile and vulnerable. Of course you can’t make these assessments with certainty just from what people wrote online but…she just does.

She strikes me as resilient and highly intelligent. I don't think she wandered off on the way to a wedding. Something has happened to her.

I don't think she's very fragile (not mentally ill, not about to have an uncustomary health - mental or otherwise - problem).

She LOOKS delicate. She comes across as very sensitive on her FB. And in her accomplishments. She has survived things in the past - but, out on the open road (these days), I am wondering if we have an uptick in crimes against women traveling alone (there are a series of them here on WS).

She certainly made it to Williams (which, to me, says she did not go from SD to Phoenix by the southern route). She took the scenic and amazing route. Ash Fork is just before the turn-off to Grand Canyon. Coming from San Diego, the main reason to take the route she took is to either see the Grand Canyon or some of its more highway-adjacent (and amazing sights).

The article cited in the thread starter puts her even nearer to Grand Canyon (Williams). What I wish we knew is how she planned to spend the nights, on the road. The last month's WS stories have made me wish that everyone knew to leave an itinerary for others to follow on road trips, should a person go missing.

Why would she wander off from her car? That's not being thoughtful, mindful or free-spirited. That's something really concrete. Surely she couldn't have decided to go far, out there, if she did indeed "wander off."

But a woman whose car is found on the edge of vast wilderness? I don't think they just "wandered off" on some kind of personal quest. She was on her way to a wedding, back home. She abandoned her car (and I bet her things are still in it - hence the media coverage).

IMO.

Her Instagram Story titled ‘Rainmaker Quest’ appears to start on 24th September with last upload on 26th. I’m not yet sure what to make of it all tbh but she does mention being “off to Arizona to see my girly” or words to that effect.

There’s also an upload where she’s taking a photo of a board full of posters of missing children, which is somewhat unsettling.

Last edited:
This is strange. I looked for her FB page an hour ago and found it, and now a search there again doesn't bring it up. Said she became a social worker, I think, recently. Odd for her profile to say she hates most people.

Her Instagram Story titled ‘Rainmaker Quest’ appears to start on 24th September with last upload on 26th. I’m not yet sure what to make of it all tbh but she does mention being “off to Arizona to see my girly” or words to that effect.

other items of interest in that IG story, her "oil change required" warning was on in her car and she took a picture of the missing people posters. Maybe that isn't odd, but I probably wouldn't have taken a picture of it on a road trip.

other items of interest in that IG story, her "oil change required" warning was on in her car and she took a picture of the missing people posters. Maybe that isn't odd, but I probably wouldn't have taken a picture of it on a road trip.
The missing poster shot was very strange for sure.

I'm not sure how Phoenix is relevant (except that she might have passed through it on her way from San Diego). Some headlines describe her as a "Phoenix woman," but her FB timeline doesn't allow any time for her to have lived in Phoenix. Her AZ address is on the California border, near Lake Havasu.

IMO.
BBM - sorry, I should have quoted the other poster (TwinkieDefense) that made the comment" "I wouldn’t think being without shoes in Arizona would be a very good idea." I don't know if it was because of heat or critters she made the comment now that I think about it! lol

eta: But I was assuming she thought Ash Fork was closer to Phoenix and was referring to the potential heat. Sorry I'm not making sense tonight!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cordial.sand1418
Back