AZ AZ - Daniel Robinson, 24, remote job site, Buckeye, 23 Jun 2021 #2

If it's true someone was going through his computer after he went missing, that is strange indeed. However in my opinion, that needs independent verification.

I have questions. For example:
-How might someone have gained access to his home?

-What day and time was the computer accessed? Could something else, such as a software update or virus have caused it to appear accessed?

-Which specific files did they access/seem interested in?

-How did they get past any security features, such as a PIN, on the computer?

And I have to wonder, why would anyone take the time to search his room and access the computer instead of just taking the computer?
My opinions only.
I've only heard his father say that someone was going through Daniel's computer and apartment. I have never seen a source where this has been documented as true, so I take his accounts with a grain of salt. Let's say it is true. The most likely person to have gone to his apartment or accessed his computer would have been Daniel, whether that be in-person or remotely. Or like you mention computer updates. It makes zero sense someone snuck in his apartment, dirtied it up, and sat down and pulled files from his computer instead of taking it.

I've only heard his father say that someone was going through Daniel's computer and apartment. I have never seen a source where this has been documented as true, so I take his accounts with a grain of salt. Let's say it is true. The most likely person to have gone to his apartment or accessed his computer would have been Daniel, whether that be in-person or remotely. Or like you mention computer updates. It makes zero sense someone snuck in his apartment, dirtied it up, and sat down and pulled files from his computer instead of taking it.
It could be that someone was in a hurry and didn't want to risk getting caught leaving with the computer.

Sep 27, 2023
1695826709974.png
David Robinson's quest for answers amidst son Daniel's mysterious disappearance (Fox/Buckeye PD)

''Daniel is described as thin with a below-average height. The geologist was born without a right hand.

The Buckeye Police Department is asking anyone with information to call 623-349-6411 or submit tips online at www.buckeyeaz.gov/crimetip. The family has also established a website with information on the case, pleasehelpfinddaniel.com''

SEP 28, 2023
[...]

Robinson said while most of his son’s disappearance revolves around Buckeye and the vast desert out there, he’s now focusing on where his son lived in Tempe and who may have been there before he vanished. “I’m looking into my son’s apartment. You know, these things are very important that we don’t hear in the report, that we don’t hear in the public,” Robinson said.

Robinson said having the opportunity to speak onstage and have a booth at CrimeCon was a great way to find new resources and support, doing everything he could across the country to keep Daniel’s name at the forefront. “I always think about him every time. He doesn’t have a voice. I’m his voice for him,” he said.

Robinson has waited for the weather to cool down, but he’s working on organizing another search this fall for his son in Buckeye, just working on gathering resources and nonprofits to help and support the volunteer searchers that come out.

When our people go missing we hold out hope for their rescue. I understand Mr Robinson urges a criminal investigation to be opened for the benefits in discovery that could be made.

Looking at 24yo Daniel's behavior before he went missing, we find he had a 2nd job, per DM, working for InstaCart.

June 12 - Daniel met a young lady when he delivered liquor to her place. Daniel accepted the invitation to come inside with her and her friend. They exchanged ph #s. Daniel showed up at her home uninvited shortly; thereafter, and she wasn't happy about that and told Daniel that she wasn't.

June 20 - He shows up at her house. He texts: I love you. Her reply was that she couldn't see them hanging out.

June 21- The next day he shows up again. She tells him she needs him to 'back off'. She tells him to leave her alone, please.

June 22 - He waits 15 hours to respond. 18 hours after that, he was missing on June 23.

Private investigator for 3LawsRecon, Jeff McGrath, is a retired police officer who specializes in collision evidence.

McGrath suspects the crash was deliberately set up. McGrath discovered that Daniel's jeep had been driven for approximately eleven miles after its airbags deployed, according to David.

Furthermore, McGrath identified red paint transfer on the jeep, suggesting a prior collision before it ended up in the ravine. The rancher who located Daniel's jeep has also expressed skepticism about the accuracy of the official timeline of events surrounding this incident, said David

If it's true someone was going through his computer after he went missing, that is strange indeed. However in my opinion, that needs independent verification.

I have questions. For example:
-How might someone have gained access to his home?

-What day and time was the computer accessed? Could something else, such as a software update or virus have caused it to appear accessed?

-Which specific files did they access/seem interested in?

-How did they get past any security features, such as a PIN, on the computer?

And I have to wonder, why would anyone take the time to search his room and access the computer instead of just taking the computer?
My opinions only.
In another case I followed, there was computer activity after a family went missing at 2 am. It was concluded by a forensic analyst to been a system update.

Private investigator for 3LawsRecon, Jeff McGrath, is a retired police officer who specializes in collision evidence.

McGrath suspects the crash was deliberately set up. McGrath discovered that Daniel's jeep had been driven for approximately eleven miles after its airbags deployed, according to David.

Furthermore, McGrath identified red paint transfer on the jeep, suggesting a prior collision before it ended up in the ravine. The rancher who located Daniel's jeep has also expressed skepticism about the accuracy of the official timeline of events surrounding this incident, said David
That eleven miles was mentioned earlier in this thread as some type of error; though, I don't remember why.

The information about the Rancher who saw Daniel's truck is new since I followed his case. So are the computer forensics - stating someone was on his computer the day he went missing.

Compelling evidence - which along with the red paint transfer and driving 11 miles after the airbags deployed, points to potential foul play. I do not believe Daniel disappeared himself, after two years it's time for LE to reassign the case to fresh eyes.

The information about the Rancher who saw Daniel's truck is new since I followed his case. So are the computer forensics - stating someone was on his computer the day he went missing.

Compelling evidence - which along with the red paint transfer and driving 11 miles after the airbags deployed, points to potential foul play. I do not believe Daniel disappeared himself, after two years it's time for LE to reassign the case to fresh eyes.
The only source for the supposed forensics result is "David says"...

The PI and rancher info is old. McGrath parted ways with Robinson awhile ago after McGrath gave an interview in which he considered accidental death as a possibility. I question whether he was interviewed at all for the article, or it is just "David says" rehashing.

That eleven miles was mentioned earlier in this thread as some type of error; though, I don't remember why.
I have personally seen the mileage stored in the vehicle computer (which can only be read with a scanner) differ by this amount from the mileage displayed in the odometer. I suspect the manufacturers track the mileage more than one way to prevent mileage rollback, I've never tried this on a Jeep Renegade to know if that may the the discrepancy here.

Do we know that the paint transfer took place AFTER he got in the truck that day? Because we have a vehicle that has paint transfer on it, right now, as someone went out of control on the freeway and sideswiped us.

It's been a month. Paint still there. Estimate for hit and run repair came in two days ago. I will wait until my semester is over, I think, to take care of it.

The driving 11 miles after airbags deployed truly needs an explanation. But the two things could be unrelated. Or there's a person out there with a red painted vehicle that needs to be found and talked to (we cannot locate the guy who hit us, but of course, we're not injured, so it goes).

Do we know that the paint transfer took place AFTER he got in the truck that day? Because we have a vehicle that has paint transfer on it, right now, as someone went out of control on the freeway and sideswiped us.

It's been a month. Paint still there. Estimate for hit and run repair came in two days ago. I will wait until my semester is over, I think, to take care of it.

The driving 11 miles after airbags deployed truly needs an explanation. But the two things could be unrelated. Or there's a person out there with a red painted vehicle that needs to be found and talked to (we cannot locate the guy who hit us, but of course, we're not injured, so it goes).
You're asking questions I can't answer ... bummer about your car!

(snipped)

I've mentioned one very possible explanation, one I have personally observed.
To determine when the airbags deployed, the hook a scanner up to the "black box" in the car. The black box would record information from the computer at the time of the crash. For whatever reason the mileage from the computer can differ from the odometer displayed. My last car showed a difference of 15 miles. Someone seeing the results from the reading form the black box and the current odometer reading might think the car was driven after the deployment because of the difference - but that difference may not mean the vehicle was driven just an oddity of the computer system.
The easy way to verify this would be to hook a scanner up and see what the computer thinks the current mileage is int he car. I'd bet it matches the airbag deployment mileage and not the slightly higher odometer mileage.
My opinion is the car was not driven after airbag deployment.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donwhoolery
Back