AZ AZ - Donna Sullivan Lindhurst+daughter, Kimberly Anne Brown, 19-20 & 3, 5, Tucson, 1969

victoriarobinson642

Reaction score
"In addition to solving her mother’s murder, Gates [Syllen, the daughter of the deceased] would like to locate her two sisters, who were ages 3 and 19 in 1965. Gates says her sisters left Tucson with her mother. She says her 19-year-old sister was married and had a daughter who was about three years old at the time.

Gates says she had never heard of St. Petersburg until 1969 when her older sister left a message with a grandparent because she thought her brother had been killed in the Vietnam War. That was the last time the family heard from her.

Anyone with information on who killed Atherton or who knows what happened to her three-year-old Kimberly and her 19-year-old daughter Donna Lindhurst is asked to call Detective Pavelski at [see article for number]."

According to her daughter, Sylvia Atherton, left Tucson, AZ, with her husband, Stuart Brown, five-year-old daughter Kimberly Anne Brown, adult son Gary Sullivan, adult daughter Donna and her husband David Lindhurst, and went to Chicago. Nine-year-old Syllen and her 11-year-old brother were left with their father from a previous marriage, in Tucson. Adult son Gary Sullivan also eventually returned to Tucson to live with them.

There are still unanswered questions in this case. Who killed Sylvia Atherton? Also, the other two children who left for Chicago with Sylvia, Kimberly, and 20-year-old Donna Lindhurst, haven't been located and they may have additional information.

Lots of conflicting information here.
Screen Shot 2023-05-31 at 1.56.12 PM.png

As has been pointed out some of the information is unclear. I assume Kimberly Anne Brown is the daughter of Sylvia from the surname (rather than the daughter of Donna). I also think that Donna was 19 in 1969, not in 1965. I come to this conclusion from a marriage record on Ancestry from February 1966 in Cochise county Arizona for Donna Marie Sullivan to Clarence David Lindhurst, both of Tucson and Donna age 16, David age 18. So a bit more clarity on ages and full names. David came from Toledo, Ohio originally and Donna was born in Detroit. It would be useful to have confirmation that this is the right couple but as everything adds up I am fairly confident. Unfortunately there are not any other obvious Ancestry records although there are some meriting a closer look. These ages and date of marriage seem to cast questions over the 1965 date of leaving if Donna and her husband went at the same time as Sylvia. More questions than answers.

After doing some research, I think the only one who may have some idea what happened to Sylvia Atherton, Donna Lindhurst and Kimberly Brown is Donna’s (ex?)husband David Lindhurst and/or his siblings. If I have the correct person he has siblings in Ohio and Arizona. I do not think he had anything to do with Sylvia’s murder but may be able to shed some light on the case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukeyboy43
Back