MISTRIAL AZ - Gabriel Cuen-Buitimea, shot and killed with AK-47 by rancher George Alan Kelly, Kino Springs, Jan 2023 *charged* #2

He could see his horse was frightened and then saw a group of men carrying AK-47s moving across his property. The men were dressed in khakis and camouflage and were carrying large backpacks

"Kelly returned fire. Later, Kelly said the group was too far away to tell if they were armed."

Our justice system isnt based on "what ifs" or speculations, its based on facts.
There was no weapon on GCB, Kelly said they were too fasr away to see weapons, his wife said she didnt hear gunshots.

That paired with prosecution well establishing GAK's texts, comments and previous actions that show his mindset and bias, makes this an easy decision for the jury. IMO

I am really troubled by the sheriff’s and the lead detective’s shenanigans and changing Daniel’s statements in order to fit their version of the evidence.

I suspect that Mr Kelly did accidentally shoot Gabriel, but there is some reasonable doubt in my mind. I wonder of the investigation had been conducted honestly, would charges have been filed.

I am really troubled by the sheriff’s and the lead detective’s shenanigans and changing Daniel’s statements in order to fit their version of the evidence.

I suspect that Mr Kelly did accidentally shoot Gabriel, but there is some reasonable doubt in my mind. I wonder of the investigation had been conducted honestly, would charges have been filed.
You dont think charges would be filed for shooting an unarmed man from 100 yards away?
I dont think any state has laws that make that legal

It's like if the Las Vegas shooter claimed self defense because he thought the people at the festival had weapons

"Kelly returned fire. Later, Kelly said the group was too far away to tell if they were armed."

Our justice system isnt based on "what ifs" or speculations, its based on facts.
There was no weapon on GCB, Kelly said they were too fasr away to see weapons, his wife said she didnt hear gunshots.

That paired with prosecution well establishing GAK's texts, comments and previous actions that show his mindset and bias, makes this an easy decision for the jury. IMO
It was not proven that the bullet that killed Gabriel came from Mr Kelly’s gun. We can’t say for certain who’s gun killed Gabriel.

You dont think charges would be filed for shooting an unarmed man from 100 yards away?
I dont think any state has laws that make that legal

It's like if the Las Vegas shooter claimed self defense because he thought the people at the festival had weapons
I don’t know if the LV ever made such a claim. In any event, that scenario is not even close to a man on his private property with a trespasser on site.

Mr Kelly is an innocent man until the prosecutor proves him guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. The only thing proven in that courtroom during weeks of trial was... Mr Kelly is still innocent and that sheriff and his team couldn't prove their way out of a box made of toilet paper. No bullet, no witness, no nothin'... especially nothing even closely related to premeditated first degree murder.

jmo

ETA: Wouldn't surprise me if Daniel and family are all new ranch hands on the sheriff's massive property

Last edited:
It was on PRIVATE PROPERTY. People shoot on their private property every day. And a warning shot over the head of an illegal TRESPASSER …. is not illegal. Where are you from?
shooting unarmed people from 100 yards away is illegal.

The prosecution also did a great job of showing Kelly’s personal biases and growing paranoia that led to him killing someone.

He admitted he never saw guns, (then changed his story multiple times). His wife admitted she never heard gunshots.

I hope Justice is served. You can’t just kill people because you don’t like who they are

shooting unarmed people from 100 yards away is illegal.

He admitted he never saw guns, (then changed his story multiple times). His wife admitted she never heard gunshots.

I hope Justice is served. You can’t just kill people because you don’t like who they are

I'm not agreeing with ANY of what you say, because it sure doesn't fit the evidence as it was presented at trial ...

First and foremost, the state had no real proof that Kelly actually shot the guy. All they could show that he might have done so. But he might not have shot him. Kelly's actions, as described by both him and his wife, would not have hit the man. The state couldn't show that the shot that killed him came from Kelly's gun - they didn't match bullet to gun, or wound to gun. Even though they claimed it traveled over 100 yards before hitting him, the bullet wasn't in his body or nearby. That doesn't convince me that it was a shot from Kelly that caused this.

Nor did we see anything to convince us that Kelly was trying to hit or kill anyone. And the upward trajectory of the bullet that hit the guy was never explained by the state. Shades of JFK, this is a Magic Bullet indeed. In fact, getting an upwards trajectory from so far away seems impossible unless you are close by, and perhaps shooting from a prone position. That isn't even close to what the state wants to claim Kelly did.

Did one of the other criminal trespassers fire shots wildly, and happen to hit GCB? That's a much better fit to the evidence, and it might explain why no bullet was found (the shooter finding the bullet and taking it before fleeing).

Kelly's story never changed - but from the outset the eager-to-prosecute DA had been changing his words, and saying he said things he never said. This became clearer and clearer as the trial went along and the defense attorneys put the truth on display. If the DA has to make stuff up, what does that say about their case? And Mrs Kelly did say she heard shots - I watched the testimony, and she was very demonstrative of where she was and what she heard, step by step.

Ultimately I find it very informative that Kelly turned down a plea deal offered by the state that would have reduced the Murder charges to only one count of negligent homicide (I made a mistake, it was just a really bad accident, I was careless) if he pleaded guilty. If he did it, isn't he going to just grab the best deal and reduce the downside? Instead, we see a response that looks like a man who knows he did nothing, and can't put that lie that he killed someone on the books.

That's what it all looks like to me. But we'll see what the jury says.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLWho
Back