AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
A controlling woman? Youre breaking new ground here. Gotta be the man, we are only nice on the first date then we morph in to a cyclops.

Oh, come on now!! Cyclops?? Naaaahhh...Homer Simpson or Peter Griffin, but not a cyclops....LOL
Oh, or maybe that's after the second or third date???

I'm pretty sure that Sergio has a brother named Miguel but I don't think that necessarily connects him with the California case at all. Even if they are somehow blood relations, I think that is just a coincidence and nothing more

I have no experience with CPS and couldn't/wouldn't even begin to speculate why Sergio has been denied contact with his children. Unless it is in some way related to the disappearance of little Isabel, I wouldn't expect this information to be shared publicly.

The entire Child Protective Services brochure from Michigan Department of Human Services is available online, but I read only the section entitled "Removal and Placement". Complicated, to say the least.

http://www.mfia.state.mi.us/olmweb/ex/PSM/715-2.pdf

If only they had done this in Andrea Yates' case all five of her children would be alive today. I do think CPS is more vigilant nowadays when it comes to these kind of issues that may be going on with one of the parents.

IMO

The Andrea Yates case just really upset me for a long time after it happened. I still think about it sometimes and feel upset. You are right though if CPS was more vigilant, maybe those kids would be still alive.

Yes but she found the strength to post on FB a happy mother's day on her wall. I am sorry but if my child is missing, I would be too distraught to be posting on FB. And she seems to be on there everyday. To me she is the hinky one and the controller. To me SC is the emotional one and numbs his emotions with alcohol.

Talking to ppl for support and comfort and maybe playing games for distraction? If someone is missing are ppl supposed to live in a bubble and never do anything? When my now ex decided to take our kids and leave without the intention of coming back being on the computer helped me keep myself distracted from something I could do little about except wait for the lawyer and courts to do their work. I couldn't read or watch tv but the interaction i got online helped a lot. As well as going back to work the very next day so i could have something to focus my mind on. My situation wasn't the same but the fear and worry were due to the history of the marriage.
I'm only saying all this just to show that ppl handle stuff differently and can't be used as a measure of guilt or not. If she was facebooking pics of her partying non stop ok, but getting on FB and posting only? Come on now.
Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

FWIW maybe Sergio was telling the boys what to say to the police, or maybe that's been mentioned before, I keep thinking about the little "balloon boy" who threw up because his Dad wanted him to lie or to mislead police, but if that's the case he must have something to hide.

ok i'm caught up. LOL. yeah right.

LE was the one to call cps in light of 'new information'...we don't know what that is, but after three weeks, i don't think it's an email or a sad dad. i think it was RC who brought to light "new information" in order to throw SC under the proverbial bus.

think about it...if he's guilty, then she's had enough of covering for him and wants him out of their lives...this is step one. charges will hopefully be brought though she knows the evidence isn't strong enough yet...but quick will be conviction in a court of public opinion. she's already ahead.

if he's not guilty...then perhaps he's the one pressuring the guilty party (RC, a minor child, a family member) to turn her/him/themselves in. she'll have no part of that, so she tells a tall tale to LE so that cps will prohibit his involvement with them.

i feel her visit to the house yesterday was completely staged so that media could pick up on her not being the one barred from contact. she had other family members with her (who could have easily run the errand themselves) and did not shy away from the camera. IMO she wanted to make it very clear who's in charge here.

JMO & two cents after missing an entire thread. lol.

I wouldn't assume anything from what appears to be a generic posting on Facebook. Is that evidence of anything?

There is literally no one right way to post on Facebook that can satisfy the populace. If she mentions her daughter some will be suspicious of that. If she doesn't, she's cold-hearted. None of it leads anywhere specific. But it's likely it will be judged based on the incomparable factor of "what I would do if it were me." And none of us are her, so that's not a very valid tool.

Given the public's propensity to speculate and create rumors, I'd personally advise anyone involved in something like a missing person case to do nothing but work with LE and approved agencies, follow expert advice, and otherwise protect their privacy to whatever extent is possible, because what is certain is whatever the truth is, the general public will either make things up, get actual information wrong, or otherwise create more pain and confusion.

I wouldn't assume anything from what appears to be a generic posting on Facebook. Is that evidence of anything?

There is literally no one right way to post on Facebook that can satisfy the populace. If she mentions her daughter some will be suspicious of that. If she doesn't, she's cold-hearted. None of it leads anywhere specific. But it's likely it will be judged based on the incomparable factor of "what I would do if it were me." And none of us are her, so that's not a very valid tool.

Given the public's propensity to speculate and create rumors, I'd personally advise anyone involved in something like a missing person case to do nothing but work with LE and approved agencies, follow expert advice, and otherwise protect their privacy to whatever extent is possible.

This is true but it doesnt mean one should stop living their lives trying to please everyone, doing your own thing is boring.

2pm presser, we will probably find something out.

Snipped and bolded:

...what is certain is whatever the truth is, the general public will either make things up, get actual information wrong, or otherwise create more pain and confusion.

Sort of like what we do here, lol.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

A missing person is a very specific and horrible situation that is far removed from everyday normal boring life. With it comes a level of invasion that must be painful for the people in the eye of the storm. Anything to resolve the situation while at the same time avoiding further pain is optimal.

Public speculation, while natural, also serves to bring more pain than solutions in a large percentage of the cases. Unless someone has specific, relevant information that can lead LE to solving a case, the rest by it's very nature adds another dimension that doesn't really help, unless the goal is to fan the flames. Yes, it's natural, but I'm not sure how it helps.

A question to ask LE and involved agencies is: "what can I and the public do to help you in this case?" "Do you need something specific that someone in the general community can assist in getting you?"

If Becky were to make an accusation against Sergio, would they remove they boys while they investigate?

HLN is calling Becky the ex-wife today.

Really? So there must be some truth to what's being reported in various articles? Holy smokes. That was a quick divorce. lol

Of course, that is if they were even married when Isa disappeared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ocj