AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - # 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh i was mistaken....for some reason i thought that guy had come forward already....that's why i was wondering if there was a resemblance.

Two of the five people walking that night have come forward, but have not been identified to the public. The shadow figure is still a mystery.

Maybe LE just hasn't reported it and/or the media doesn't realize it but I'm kind of surprised at the lack of organized searches going on for Isa.

I know they searched a lake, landfill and park, along with the neighborhood last week but where are they currently searching? I don't understand. In most other missing children cases the massive search efforts (both by LE and the general public) begin within hours.

Maybe LE just hasn't reported it and/or the media doesn't realize it but I'm kind of surprised at the lack of organized searches going on for Isa.

I know they searched a lake, landfill and park, along with the neighborhood last week but where are they currently searching? I don't understand. In most other missing children cases the massive search efforts (both by LE and the general public) begin within hours.

I've wondered, too, Kaylynn. It's frustrating to only be able to put up fliers for her. I think a lot of citizens would like to get out there and search for her.

http://www.kgun9.com/news/local/149577485.html

Sorry just catching up for the day and read about the poor 3 little girls that were assualted. I'm so glad they have a sketch of him or whatever it is called.
Sorry i haven't been able to read all the posts...in anyone's opinion, do you think this is related to Isabel at all?
And gosh...these girls were just "visiting"? How in the world did this "man" know they were there?
And has there been any talk if his description is close to the person that was seen on the video that night close to Isa's house?
Sorry for all the questions... :(

That is the best sketch I believe I have ever seen. Have they tried putting it on fb and using that automatic tagging? Didn't that work catching another criminal?

That is the best sketch I believe I have ever seen. Have they tried putting it on fb and using that automatic tagging? Didn't that work catching another criminal?

That's a great idea, MM! I'm going to put him on my facebook.

It is because it is such a urban area and they have no clues as to which way to begin...? Am trying to think of other cases that took place in such a busy, semi-industrial area. I don't even know what TES would do...don't they usually like to get an idea from LE as to where to begin?

OT- Just watch "Disappeared" an episode that took place in Phoenix, and the LE was so impressive in the case...ended up with a conviction in a "no body" case by putting pieces together step by step. The victim is Bill McGrath, still has not been found but LE said even with the conviction, they keep the case open until they can find him. Anyway, just seemed an extremely professional and competent missing persons and detective division...(maybe they can help Tucson....?)

I've shared my story before on some of these threads, but i usually "chicken"out or have second thoughts and have it deleted by a mod. I'm not sure why. I know there are a lot of us that have been abused on here and it's so sad.
Whether we've been abused ourselves or just being so deeply involved w/ these stories, it definately seems to have made a lot of us jaded.
I was wondering if you think that might be part of the reason why some of us suspect the dad or uncle might have something to do w/ it (i'm not saying i do) or if there is real reason to suspect one of them? I'm just curious what some of you think.
I was just going to copy and paste part of my story that i posted somewhere else. I don't know how long i can keep it up, but i might be able to....
Here it is.....
Sorry it's o/t.....but it does go w/ my question too....it doesn't have anything to do w/ wanting anyone to feel sorry for me, cuz like i said i know there are soooo many of us out there that have been through stuff like this. :(

"It's so hard not to be jaded these days.
My stepfather sexually abused me from the time i was 11 years old until i was 17 years old and got engaged.
And he was a pastor.
Whole family of "Christians".
My cousin and i JUST finally got up the courage to get him off the streets and i'm 36 years old now. (He abused my cousin for 2 years too)

It's sad that we have to suspect the people that are supposed to love you the most. It was the hardest thing i ever had to do. Even once i was married and started having kids, he was one of the "best" grandfathers ever and apoligized all the time. I never thought i'd tell my "secret". It was i got pg w/ my daughter that it hit me. I would never let him alone w/ her and i realized that i had to do something. It took a lot of support from my family and friends and convincing and a lot of reading here on websleuths, but i finally did what i had to do.
Sorry.....tmi...."

Sorry just catching up for the day and read about the poor 3 little girls that were assualted. I'm so glad they have a sketch of him or whatever it is called.
Sorry i haven't been able to read all the posts...in anyone's opinion, do you think this is related to Isabel at all?
And gosh...these girls were just "visiting"? How in the world did this "man" know they were there?
And has there been any talk if his description is close to the person that was seen on the video that night close to Isa's house?
Sorry for all the questions... :(

I don't feel like the person who assaulted the 3 little girls is in any way related to Isabel- MOO. It just seems to me that it is someone close to/if not family in isa's case. With the investegation not really seeming to have any leads I don't think the person would risk another attack & blowing their identity. I definitely think Isabel was familiar with the person who took her, & I hope another lead or witness comes forward with every day that passes. I have a bad feeling about this case

It is because it is such a urban area and they have no clues as to which way to begin...? Am trying to think of other cases that took place in such a busy, semi-industrial area. I don't even know what TES would do...don't they usually like to get an idea from LE as to where to begin?

I think they're in waiting mode, suspecting something but waiting for tests or for more info from parents to confirm it.

I don't know what all they have done in the way of searches but in the first few days the helicopter was hanging over the neighborhood much of the day. Tucson does not use a police helicopter during the day as a general rule, so that was quite extraordinary for them to do that. They have also stated repeatedly that they were searching washes, which is a more likely hiding place to me than bodies of water.

Night guys.....i'm falling asleep....i'm so heartbroken about Isa....sometimes i feel guilty about going to sleep....
not that i can sleep much anyway....

Dr? You asked about heat seeeking search devices - most departments do have them in the helicopters but they are really only useful in very open places. They pick up anything warm. In a search here (Texas) one November it was a really chilly night went the chopper went up to search for a lady missing. The heat device picked up every manhole (because the water under it was so warm) - every animal in every field, so in a city it would be a nightmare, not saying they wouldn't use it but there would be a heap of things show up,

Dr? You asked about heat seeeking search devices - most departments do have them in the helicopters but they are really only useful in very open places. They pick up anything warm. In a search here (Texas) one November it was a really chilly night went the chopper went up to search for a lady missing. The heat device picked up every manhole (because the water under it was so warm) - every animal in every field, so in a city it would be a nightmare, not saying they wouldn't use it but there would be a heap of things show up,

Thank you. We do have some open places that would be possibly valuable to look at. I hope they utilize this option, if it's even an option now. gah..I don't like even suggesting it.

WARNING! May be disturbing to some.

D e c a y R a t e s of H u m a n R e m a i n s in an Ar id
E n v i r o nme n t

A l i s o n Ga l l o w a y , 1 Ph. D . ; W a l t e r H. B i r k b y , 2 Ph. D . ;
A l l e n M. Jone s , 3 M . D . ; T h o m a s E. He n r y , 3 M . D . ; a n d
B r u c e O. P a r k s , 3 M . D .

http://library-resources.cqu.edu.au/JFS/PDF/vol_34/iss_3/JFS343890607.pdf

============
I am trying to find an answer for Dr. Know. Bloat and insect activity create heat...so the question of whether the infrared will detect a human body will depend on decay rates in an arid environment and this paper is specific to AZ.

IMO, the bloat stage would have ended but I am not sure about the insect activity question.
I haven't read the whole paper but will do so tomorrow, Dr. Know.

In the meantime it would be great, and so much easier, if one of our AZ SAR (or nearby) would weigh in.

G'night all. :)

LE did not make a mistake in releasing that video, there is no way, and no one can convince me other wise. Something is going on that we dont know about and they dont want us knowing. However there was a point in releasing that video, possably it is the right video and person 6 saw it and contacted LE threatening to harm Isa if they didn't retract the video. Maybe LE and the family has been in contact with kidnapper and kidnapper told parents to stay off tv, but LE wants the parents to make a plea or talk to the kidnapper through media.
One thing that has me convinced that they know more than they are saying is the fact that they stopped searching very early on, I have followed enough of these cases to know that they search for a LONG time after someone goes missing and they aren't, so why, that and the video, you cant convince me that they dont know more and are executing some sort of plan. I am not convinced this is a random kidnapping, I do beleive this person knows the house the family and the dogs.... However after reading the article about the 3 kids assulted not to far from ISA's home has me second guessing that theory as well. Bottom line I think LE knows more, lets not give up on LE. We all know they are smarter than to release a video ask for help and it be the wrong tape. They analzed that video very well before it became public.

People on the video know which night they were there...it would be foolish for LE to lie about it now and say it was the wrong night, if not true. That kind of stuff gets out. I really think LE collected videos in a quick sweep, assuming they were all from Fri/Sat as they requested and only happened to find out they were not when the people all told them, and perhaps were able to prove, that they were there the next night.

I could be wrong, of course, but I believe it was a screw-up...as someone pointed out earlier, the time was wrong on the video that LE circulated in the case concerning Lauren Spierer. Ir can happen.

JMO

OT- Just watch "Disappeared" an episode that took place in Phoenix, and the LE was so impressive in the case...ended up with a conviction in a "no body" case by putting pieces together step by step. The victim is Bill McGrath, still has not been found but LE said even with the conviction, they keep the case open until they can find him. Anyway, just seemed an extremely professional and competent missing persons and detective division...(maybe they can help Tucson....?)

They found Bill AFTER they convicted him.
Bill had been buried underneath the killer's mother's kitchen floor. :what:

That isn't one you forget once you hear it! :waitasec:

http://www.azfamily.com/news/harrin...ing-body-of-man-killed-in-2009-122514439.html

Two of the five people walking that night have come forward, but have not been identified to the public. The shadow figure is still a mystery.

Sgt. Maria Hawke says the two males and three females in the publicly released footage have identified themselves...

http://www.azcentral.com/news/artic...irl-police-seek-more-video.html#ixzz1tbUKcr5c

That sketch... is too young to be the pervy person I know in Arizona. But it certainly resembles him.
Off to look into his sons. :what:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members