AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here in Florida, if a child is not killed during a sexual assault, it is only reported as a "assault" to the public. Many times now the adult victim of a rape is also not listed by name out of respect for the victim. I only know this from having worked for a newspaper here many years ago. I don't know how many other states or media does the same thing.

Actually, this explains a little better. Also on this site it has a definitions section which as I read it, says that sexual contact and intercourse involve genitals actual touching/penetrating victim. Exposing oneself would not fall under "sexual assault" in AZ, so if the charge in this case is "sexual assault", that's pretty bad.

http://www.azleg.state.az.us/FormatDocument.asp?inDoc=/ars/13/01406.htm

13-1406. Sexual assault; classification; increased punishment
A. A person commits sexual assault by intentionally or knowingly engaging in sexual intercourse or oral sexual contact with any person without consent of such person.
B. Sexual assault is a class 2 felony, and the person convicted shall be sentenced pursuant to this section and the person is not eligible for suspension of sentence, probation, pardon or release from confinement on any basis except as specifically authorized by section 31-233, subsection A or B until the sentence imposed by the court has been served or commuted. If the victim is under fifteen years of age, sexual assault is punishable pursuant to section 13-705. The presumptive term may be aggravated or mitigated within the range under this section pursuant to section 13-701, subsections C, D and E. If the sexual assault involved the intentional or knowing administration of flunitrazepam, gamma hydroxy butyrate or ketamine hydrochloride without the victim's knowledge, the presumptive, minimum and maximum sentence for the offense shall be increased by three years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Google News has a new link that a source close to Isabel's family stated that LE is looking closely at a male cousin of Isabel's. The link is to HLN's Nancy Grace page, FWIW. There's no more info than that there.

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/201...r-old-last-seen-with-family-playing-on-beach/

O/T, the top story on that page is the search for Caleigh Harrison, who was last seen playing at Long Beach in Rockport, Massachusetts 2 weeks ago tomorrow. I'm near there, and used to live on Cape Ann. The tide was going out and runs extremely fast in the area near the footbridge.

Google News has a new link that a source close to Isabel's family stated that LE is looking closely at a male cousin of Isabel's. The link is to HLN's Nancy Grace page, FWIW. There's no more info than that there.

http://nancygrace.blogs.cnn.com/201...r-old-last-seen-with-family-playing-on-beach/

O/T, the top story on that page is the search for Caleigh Harrison, who was last seen playing at Long Beach in Rockport, Massachusetts 2 weeks ago tomorrow. I'm near there, and used to live on Cape Ann. The tide was going out and runs extremely fast in the area near the footbridge.

That's an interesting tidbit, if true.

ETA: And this could be another reason why the parents are not speaking to media.

Peter the lawyer (didn't catch his last name) states that he puts more faith in tea leaves and chicken bones than body language experts. lol

Mark Klaas agrees with Peter the lawyer. Mr. Klaas said he never cried in public with the pain going on for 65 days.

I agree with both of them. I put about as much stock in body language experts as I do in fortune tellers.

Hm. The uncle/cousin that was immediately helping Isabel's father search for her?

FWIW there have been some postings elsewhere online by someone seemingly close to the family who claims the uncle is actually a cousin. I'm really not sure if I can post more about that here though, and if mods think this is too much, then by all means remove it.

IIRC tonight, during Jane/Issues show, there was a reporter on the show that indicated that the mother and the three children went back to Hawaii. The transcript of the show is not up yet and I didn't record the show.

ETA: Jane said they left for Hawaii. Senior Producer stated the "kids have left the house".

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1205/01/ijvm.01.html

I'm glad at least it was mentioned somewhere else. I KNOW I read it at the end of an article yesterday but I could not find it last night.

There was an odd post on the TPD Facebook page posted "about a month ago".

It mentioned a man who had talked about molesting children, and human sacrifices. Don't want to post it here because it mentions names, but something to think about.

FWIW there have been some postings elsewhere online by someone seemingly close to the family who claims the uncle is actually a cousin. I'm really not sure if I can post more about that here though, and if mods think this is too much, then by all means remove it.

Lava, I read some speculation on another forum too. It was about JM and how he may be related. NG's page doesn't indicate who the cousin is. There may be another cousin.

Cousin = "Uncle J" ??

Lava, I read some speculation on another forum too. It was about JM and how he may be related. NG's page doesn't indicate who the cousin is. There may be another cousin.

Yes, I understand. I just think if someone close to the family is talking online about this "cousin/uncle" they may also be talking to NG. Who knows!

Without the daily PC's, even though they were not very informative at times, there will be even less to talk about...:(

If the poster is referring to JM I lean towards uncle because of the photo taken in his Jeep with Isabel in the back seat captioned "Havin fun being Uncle J".

Per TOS I can't link because there is a minor and unidentified woman besides Isabel in the photo but it is easy to find.

Also from Amy Smith in the previous article:

[snipped]

BBM Is LE downplaying the incident? Maybe afraid Tucson is getting too much negative publicity? :(

Wow, I would really hope that LE would not ever say "peeping toms are harmless"!

If the poster is referring to JM I lean towards uncle because of the photo taken in his Jeep with Isabel in the back seat captioned "Havin fun being Uncle J".

Per TOS I can't link because there is a minor and unidentified woman besides Isabel in the photo but it is easy to find.

I agree, I saw that too! Also, sometimes people don't like to be called cousins, or uncles. I have an uncle and aunt who are younger than me and I call them cousins. I also have cousins who are closer to me that are called Uncles lol. "Uncle" seems to be a term people like to apply to distinguish closer relationships, at least in my family lol.

I kind of wonder if LE decided to stop doing the PC's to see what the parents will do-if they will go ahead and come forward to keep the story going...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michkrifred