Found Deceased AZ - Isabella Grogan-Cannella, 8, Bullhead City, 2 September 2014 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mother of murdered girl says she's being unfairly criticized
By Jacqui Heinrich. CREATED 1:37 AM

[...]

Now, the girl's mother is speaking to Action News, saying she is being unfairly criticized by the community and bullied online.

"I'm not a monster. All these people that are coming at me with this, please stop and let me grieve about my daughter. Leave me alone," said Tania Grogan through her tears.

[...]

The family is asking for privacy after Grogan's criminal history came to light, involving charges of drugs, shoplifting and lying to police.

[...]

"CPS is starting a case where it's neglect in the death of a child," she said. "I never once was a suspect and I never did anything wrong."

AZ - Isabella Grogan-Cannella Media Links, Timeline, and Images ***NO DISCUSSION***

I have no doubt TG was in fact distraught over her child missing. I also have no doubt at least some of the tears and emotions shown in interviews are real. I do think she loved her kid in whatever way she was capable of. I think for whatever number of reasons, she never once had the foresight to say to herself "hey, maybe surrounding my child with violent, unpredictable, drug-using criminals is probably not the best idea".

Priorities are usually pretty obvious.
wow - great post! you said so much so well!

Right ! I'm thinking that receipt will show what was bought and I doubt mom would tell LE snacks if there are no snacks on the receipt !

Wonder if those children's snacks for school included vodka and cigarettes?

:dunno:

After viewing the criminal charges against these people, I think the trip to Wal-Mart was more of a shoplifting trip rather than a shopping trip.

This is terrible. This case is terrible. I hope this woman straightens out her life. She has had so many consequences of her drug usage. Her child murdered, her other child taken from the home, her image in the community at an all time low, death threats (maybe) criticism from the public (definitely) her beloved *husband* caught with a prohibitive weapon and probably will have his probation revoked. Most drug addicts don't need these kids of losses to get clean and sober. Hopefully this woman will get into rehab so any future children she might have might have a chance. KWIM?

After viewing the criminal charges against these people, I think the trip to Wal-Mart was more of a shoplifting trip rather than a shopping trip.

This is terrible. This case is terrible. I hope this woman straightens out her life. She has had so many consequences of her drug usage. Her child murdered, her other child taken from the home, her image in the community at an all time low, death threats (maybe) criticism from the public (definitely) her beloved *husband* caught with a prohibitive weapon and probably will have his probation revoked. Most drug addicts don't need these kids of losses to get clean and sober. Hopefully this woman will get into rehab so any future children she might have might have a chance. KWIM?

Yes, I do know what you mean. I do actually feel sorry for her, it is terrible, it's such a tragic situation, for someone to find themselves in this position and to feel they did no wrong, it's sad, very sad and sorry situation.

JMO....The mom is in desperate need of support and wise advice. She needs to stay away from reporters and from reading anything on the internet. She needs to be with clean, sober, clear-thinking people immediately.

If she's involved with the crime, LE will be taking over her life soon enough. But if she's not involved, I really hope she has someone who will guide her wisely.

I sure hope the family keeps reporters away from the funeral.

There is a member here whose signature line says '' we are all just one bad choice away from being a thread on this forum''. I think that is very true and especially in this case. I want to believe mom was doing the 'best SHE could' and the best some can do is not to be measured by the best others could do. I think she trusted people and believed the best and hope things would be fine , despite lots of evidence to the contrary in her face. She probably believes the line'' i will never do that again'' when her friends, lovers, family get into legal trouble and/ or drug trouble. If she was raised by folks who did about what she's doing now, then shes' doing what she learned. I just hope we do not find out that this man had victimized the kid(s) previously . I'm holding out hope right now that she was not assaulted prior to being killed and this was a one time event. :( The whole thing stinks.

I'm really interested in knowing why the Grandmother had custody of Bella at one time. I'm surprised that the reason hasn't come out yet.

I think the reporters know what they are doing. The mom's statements make for juicy reading so they just let her talk and talk.

I think her words are going to come back and bite her. She's foolish to keep talking. I don't think she realizes that she is making no sense whatsoever and the more she talks, the less people believe her.

JMO
My point is, she hasn't been called out publicly on her inconsistencies. Letting her spin her wheels is one thing but IMO, a reporter's job is to dig for the truth.

Take her recent interview where the was complaining she is being unfairly criticized... I would follow that up with - "Then let's answers some of the public's questions.."

Q: What were you doing for 90 minutes at WM? Why did getting snacks take so long? Did you go anywhere else?

Q: Did the suspect text you stating he had your daughter and ask what you were going to do about it? If no, then how do you explain the text messages between the two of you?

Q: Where were you during the important 911 call - the call that LE needs to together pertinent information?

Q: Why didn't RF mention to 911 that JR was in your house when you left but gone at the exact same time as your daughter, according to your other daughter?

Q: Where you or other adults in your house under the influence of drugs or alcohol when hour daughter went missing? Would you be willing to submit to a drug test to prove the rumours wrong?

I could go on, but those are the *basic* logical follow-up questions to an interview where she is trying to prove her innocence.

I have been called heartless more than a few times in my job, but getting the answers to the questions the public has, is my job. Not presenting the story my subject wants told. My job is to report the truth.

I've never seen hand smacking in a situation like this, is there anyone that has some insight on this?

I haven't and I was bugeyed when I saw the video the first time -- had to watch it several times......very odd

bbm
Oh my. What a chilling thought.

I've never seen hand smacking in a situation like this, is there anyone that has some insight on this?
My take is that it is to add emphasis to what she is saying - the focus of the viewer is abruptly met by the sound and large movement gesture to signify that what she is saying is VERY important and she vehemently means what she is saying. At least that is her possible intent.

Here is some info on deciphering hand gestures:

http://changingminds.org/techniques/body/parts_body_language/hands_body_language.htm

Why does the other gma have custody of her other daughter now? Wouldn't the gma that previously had custody take her?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm really interested in knowing why the Grandmother had custody of Bella at one time. I'm surprised that the reason hasn't come out yet.

I've been lurking on this thread because I do not have anything nice or supportive to post outside my grief for that poor sweet girl. If it is true that she was in the custody of her grandma and just returned two weeks prior, I want to know if CPS was involved in that. The MSM reports are very specific to say CPS is now involved with the sister. Was this poor child returned to this chaos at the hands of CPS? There were multiple criminal offenses in the home. I am stewing on what the facts are surrounding who was in charge of removing her and returning her to pure evil and neglect.

This story is just mind boggling. Poor little Bella never stood a chance. :(

Her mother reminds me a lot of Cherish Perrywinkle's mother. Walmart is even part of both stories. I'm guessing that drugs played heavily in sealing Bella's fate, as they did Cherish's.

No adults were there for these children. And, the responsible adults that apparently tried to be there (Bella's grandma that had custody, Cherish's father & stepmother across the country) weren't allowed (continued) custody. These kids were fed to the lion's den. It makes me so sick. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member