AZ AZ - Jarrett Brooks, 16, last seen near I-40, Joseph City area, 4 Jul 2023

No shoes,I wonder was this inside the house or outside?
The CCTV image was taken inside the family home - walking out of the father's gun room. It's been reported by the family that a pair of JB's boots and jeans were missing - they suspect JB put those on before he disappeared, but because there's no other video and the neighbor's report that he saw an individual matching JB's appearance can't be verified - it's not certain what he was wearing.

Police think Jarrett may have gone to Winslow, Arizona or to San Antonio, Austin, Temple or Stamford, Texas.

It’s concerning as the entire area is desolate desert land. And as was said, I-40 goes right through there as well as old Rt 66 and there are abandoned properties all along both the roads. It’s near the towns of Winslow and Holbrook. There is a large Union Pacific rail yard in Winslow.
The railroad is BNSF, UP doesn't reach Winslow. (old post, I know)

Are there any railroads in that area, picturing him riding in a boxcar.

There is a railroad track that runs along the south side of I-40.

Some people mentioned concerns about his being armed. If you are going to walk around in the desert, the smart thing to do is to take a gun. There is wildlife that can do you some serious harm. Sometimes there are feral dog packs, too. Nobody thinks twice about people carrying when they're out for a walk in the desert.

Just thinking, and putting myself in the place of a teenager who wants to run away, how would I get out of the area?
I would either go to the Flying J in Winslow, or Love's heading toward Holbrook. Love's is closer from Joseph City, but the Flying J is much busier. Both are truck stops. I have been to the Flying J hundreds of times, and can't remember ever seeing the place without multiple semis there. Sometimes there are a lot. They have showers and facilities for truckers there, and it would probably be easy to talk to a trucker and get a ride. But that's just my opinion, FWIW.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thatcrimewriterchick
Back