AZ AZ - Jason Saul, 17, Bullhead City, 15 Aug 1997

Jason would be 39 years old today. Who knows, maybe he is celebrating a birthday out there?

I have literally no clue about what might be going on here anymore. Abducted, ran away, was involved in an accident... so many different theories and none of them go together.

Does anyone have any idea what might be going on with this case? Sixteen days will mark the twenty-second anniversary of Jason's disappearance.

From what has transpired over the last couple pages of this thread, I no longer strongly believe that the desert had anything to do with his disappearance, which puts us back at square one. What happened?

The only thing I notice is that the Charley Project says he was last seen around 5am, whereas the newspaper article linked on the first post says 4am.

According to timeanddate.com, sunrise in Bullhead City, AZ on August 15, 1997 was at 5:58am, with twilight beginning at 4:25am. If he was last seen closer to 4am, it would've been dark, and it doesn't make sense to me that two people stranded in the desert would choose to split up before daybreak. Of course, it was closer to 5am, then there would've been more light, but even then it was before actual sunrise, so I don't know if that would make them feel it was okay to separate.

Also, historic weather records indicate that it was around 85° F that morning, which is of course hot, but it wouldn't have been in direct sunlight. Could that still be strong enough to give someone heat stroke, exhaustion, dehydration, etc.? Could potential drug use in the desert ("looking for crystals") have made Jason more susceptible to the heat even away from direct sunlight?

I wish Jason's stepsister would rejoin the conversation and speak more about his "piece of work" mother, or perhaps more of what she knew about Kenford. I feel like there's more there that might shed some light on this really mysterious and confusing case.

I want to find my brother's body, I want to end all the questions and bring him home "somewhere/anywhere", preferably here in Texas to someone who loved him dearly. Thank you for your time, Anne

@Jason's step sister we'd love to hear an update.

Thanks!

(Folks, using the @ symbol and typing didn't bring up Jason's step sister, she may be gone. Anyone able to contact her another way?)

@Jason's step sister we'd love to hear an update.

Thanks!

(Folks, using the @ symbol and typing didn't bring up Jason's step sister, she may be gone. Anyone able to contact her another way?)

Her name with the "@" sign comes up "blue" for me in your post, and when I clicked on it, her profile appeared, so I don't think she's gone, just not logged in since last year.

Hoping we get some new information (such as news articles) for the twenty-second anniversary of Jason's disappearance.

Personally, I think he was probably abducted or met with some type of foul play, but there's really no concrete evidence suggesting why anybody would want to take him. For what it's worth, if he did actually leave on his own from the desert, he would have been walking around alone very late at night / very early in the morning.

This kid is dead .I knew Ken and he was gay and faught with that 4 a very long time.he told me the story and it just didn't seem to add up.I believe something happened between the two and an altercation happened.not purposely.but I think Ken did something .Ken has since committed suicide shot himself with a 12 gauge shot gun in the head.I think he didn't like his sexuality and couldn't bare with what he had done.cops said they followed his footsteps according to Ken and they just suddenly disappeared.when I met Ken he was still driving the same orange van.he worked for the city fixing there computers in the court house and police station.he was into meth and I believe the boy was to.he told me was accused of the boys murder or disappearance 4 yrs.I'm not saying 4 a fact that the boy is dead .but after listening to Ken and his story I do believe that yes Ken knows and even possibly did it.but only he knows and he killed himself.so yeah .I just felt it in my gut and heard the story with my ears from Ken.so yeah that's my take.Ohhh yeah and the Orange van had little heart shaped windows in the back.tinted.sad....hope I'm wrong but my heart says no.it is so weird that this story has come across face book now.rip little dude and same 4 you Ken.my God have mercy on your soul. Found as a comment under my sister's page when she shared his story.

Wow, this just keeps getting weirder and weirder. This is definitely one of the most messed up, cryptic cases I have ever heard, and yet, not a lot of people know about it.

At this point, I definitely believe that foul play was involved in this case. I have always wondered if Farley might have known more about what could have happened to Jason than what was known by others.

I hope to see more correspondence from people who are personally familiar with this case.

@Bingbrandie , welcome to Websleuths, glad you found us & Mr. Saul's thread!

Please consider becoming a Verified Insider for this case:

Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

That way, you'll be able to post without supporting links to main stream media or an LE page.

(Protects the site legally.)

Did you & your sister live in the area?

Bumping for Jason, on anniversary of his disappearance. Does anyone know the actual police jurisdiction in charge of the case, county sheriff-or is it FBI?

Here's to hoping that this year is the one that brings answers for Jason.

Also, @sammyed, according to The Charley Project, the investigating agency for Jason's disappearance is the Mohave County Sheriff's Office. I think the FBI investigation may have been cancelled.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macywesterham
Back