AZ - Lauren Heike, 29, Found Deceased, Person Of Interest On Surveillance, Scottsdale, 29 Apr 2023

OSINTmind

Reaction score
PHOENIX - A woman was found dead in a "desert area" of Phoenix Saturday morning, the police department said, and the suspect hasn't been found.

At around 10:50 a.m. on April 29, Phoenix Police officers got a call about an injured person near Mayo Boulevard and Scottsdale Road, just minutes away from the Mayo Clinic hospital.

Once they got there, officers and firefighters found an "adult female victim in a desert area outside of the nearby neighborhood.

The victim is identified as Lauren Heike, 29."Heike was found to have trauma to her body," police said.

Woman found dead in desert area of Phoenix near Mayo Clinic; person of interest sought

This is 5 minutes from me and I walk my dogs alone all the time. So scary!
There are more homeless people in the area as of late so could be related.
So sorry for her family.
I live a few min away as well and walk my dogs alone, just not on the trails. I have been highly aware of the homeless increase and how the new developments on the north side of the freeway where some camps were are now moving them closer to Tatum. There’s so many apartment complexes over there , I’m thinking more likely a stalker situation

I live a few min away as well and walk my dogs alone, just not on the trails. I have been highly aware of the homeless increase and how the new developments on the north side of the freeway where some camps were are now moving them closer to Tatum. There’s so many apartment complexes over there , I’m thinking more likely a stalker situation
Definitely could be if she’s an avid hiker. Someone watching her.

I'm another who is relatively local and spend a lot of time in that area, though I hike further north.

This is the first I'd seen that they believe Lauren had been killed a full day prior. She was found the 29th, but was killed on the morning of Friday the 28th.

Detectives believe Heike was hiking on the Reach 11 trail near her apartment in the area of Scottsdale Road and Mayo Boulevard on Friday morning when she was attacked from behind sometime between 10 and 11 a.m. Her body wasn’t discovered until the next day because police say she was in an area that isn’t necessarily visible from the trail.

Also of interest, besides the usual reason for not releasing details about how she was killed b/c it's something the killer would know and that will help LE down the road (the snipped segment below), was this tidbit:

Investigators say the suspect would have stood out on the trail last week and are asking everyone to band together to find her killer. <snip> “The behavior, in my opinion, was so heinous that I would imagine that the subject would be displaying symptoms that look out of place,” Lt. Hester said.

Praying that really helps jog someone's memory.

It's disgusting that a person can't take a walk/jog without fear of being attacked or worse.
That trail looks beautiful and inviting to walk on !
Maybe she'd walked off the trail a bit to look at flowers, etc. ?

Rest in peace, Lauren.

Hoping the perp is apprehended soon.

When a murder is committed I always wonder if it's the perps' first and only crime ?
Prob. not.
A murder in broad daylight when anyone could have been passing by ..... :(
Brazen and cold.
Imo.

also live very close to this area and am a hiker - but don't hike in that area so I can't grasp the terrain like other trails. But all that to say that the image could be anyone, sheesh. It helps narrow down who it's NOT, I guess. I bet and hope this is solved soon. There's just no way to make sense of this for her loved ones and my hearts breaks for them.

This is nothing short of heartbreaking.

Another apparent situation of a young woman innocently walking/hiking/jogging who was heinously murdered by an evil . Not just evil but also a lowly coward who attacked a lone woman from behind.

Lauren appears to have been living a wonderful life. The kind of young woman who would contribute greatly and in positive ways to her community.

With the video, I strongly believe this evil doer's freedom will be gone soon. May justice be served before he harms anyone else. No matter what, Lauren's loved ones will miss her every minute - and there's no justice that can heal that pain.

MOO

This reminds me of the young lady from NY a couple yrs ago who was running in broad daylight and just dragged off the trail and murdered by a very young man.

Hope they find her killer. How horrific.

also live very close to this area and am a hiker - but don't hike in that area so I can't grasp the terrain like other trails. But all that to say that the image could be anyone, sheesh. It helps narrow down who it's NOT, I guess. I bet and hope this is solved soon. There's just no way to make sense of this for her loved ones and my hearts breaks for them.
It's flat and pretty exposed in most places and more of a running/walking trail. It's very popular, most ppl using the trail daily I imagine live right there. You can see the 101 from the trail and there's the group of houses that she was found behind and then about a half dozen apartment communities on the east end of the trail where they've said she lived. I know we've had an increase in the homeless population around here lately, especially between Hayden & Tatum, but I wouldn't be surprised if this was more of a stalker situation.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cayteamuhree
Back