AZ AZ - Michelle “Elle” Bernstein-Schultz, 36, mom of 2, left phone & ID behind, Phoenix, 29 Jun 2022

I could not find ANY photos of her tattos or any descriptions thereof. Either the comment was made by someone who knows her or, in my opinion, was just speculating.
I looked last night for some time as well- I thought surely that some description of her tattoos would be in the law enforcement press releases but never found anything.

I came across Michelle's case under the new listings on NamUs:
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

It says:
Circumstances of Disappearance:
On 06/29/2022, Michelle was last seen in the area of N 40th St and E Greenway Rd. There is no evidence of foul play. She is an avid hiker and is believed to be wearing gray hiking sandals with green highlights and a blue backpack. Her bedazzled cup with
bumblebees on it is also missing.

Hair Color: Black
Head Hair Description:
Short, almost buzz cut, with gray
Eye Color: Hazel

Tattoo: Right Wrist - Solid Star, faded black/dark blue in color

Tattoo: Right Forearm - unknown crest, possibly with a bumblebee

Tattoo: left collar bone, EKG flowing into a mountain range

Tattoo: Left upper arm, inside Black/brown bear coming out of a forest

Accessories: dark blue hiking back pack
Footwear: hiking sandals, gray with florescent green highlights
Other: bedazzled cup with bumblebees

Based on the information in NamUs, my questions would be how much has law enforcement or search parties searched anywhere in nature she could have reached by foot from her apartment. Would it be appropriate to utilize drones, or are there bodies of water that need to be searched?

Because if she left voluntarily but didn't even take her phone, it's my opinion she may still be located walking-distance from her home. Of course that is probably a very large range?

Obviously there are all sorts of possibilities of what could have happened. Without more information, I don't lean in one direction.

I hope she is safe and will contact law enforcement to let them know. Whatever the truth, may it come to light very soon for the sake of her family.

Last edited:
SEP 19, 2022
(Video)
Michelle Bernstein-Schultz went missing from her Paradise Valley apartment a few months ago, and heaviness weighs on her sister and mother, especially every time a body is found and it's not yet identified. The Sept. 17 discovery of 39-year-old Jennifer Beede brought up mixed emotions for Michelle's family.

I was looking to see if there was any more information On Jennifer Beede and learned about Michelle, and I can't understand how I did not know about this case. I see there has been no updates either but kind of concerning BF wouldn't talk to 20/20 . Something sketchy.

This is from three years ago but may shed some light on what has happened to her.
A. Yet she does not have the children living with her at time of disappearance?
B. Has any of the child's afflictions been verified?
C. A You tube video, proclaiming to have been talking to friends of Michelle's has conflicting stories about her behavior. This story from 2019 would support some of those comments, i.e. fabrications, exaggerations, etc.
d. I can see a bipolar behavior scenario and so the depression comment may tie in with leaving quickly and doing something rash...either with someone or to herself. But where?
E. see subsequent post for Civil Family Court suit that IMO is the removal of the child from her care in Oct. 2020.

Last edited:
SEP 19, 2022
(Video)
Michelle Bernstein-Schultz went missing from her Paradise Valley apartment a few months ago, and heaviness weighs on her sister and mother, especially every time a body is found and it's not yet identified. The Sept. 17 discovery of 39-year-old Jennifer Beede brought up mixed emotions for Michelle's family.
I'm not sure if the video/story is referencing or this is from some other source but just to be clear the Apartment is not in Paradise Valley. It is just north and is within the city of Phoenix boundary. No where near the million + homes that make up AZ most affluent township/suburb. It is actually closer to 'The Square'...a one mile square annexed into the City of Phoenix that runs from Greenway to Bell and 24th to 32 nd St. (IIRC). It was an old "county island" with limited master planning hence a lot of lower quality apartments, trailer parks, cobbled together small businesses of all sorts.

I could not find ANY photos of her tattos or any descriptions thereof. Either the comment was made by someone who knows her or, in my opinion, was just speculating.
There is a listing on Adult MIssing Persons site that describes it as a bear emerging from the forest????

I found this which IMO is the court order removing one of the sons from her in Oct. of 2020. Given this and the other AZ Central article about hiking the AZ trail...defintely some mental issues at play. The other son from the other of her two marriages also does not live with her...(No knock on multiple marriages... I am on my third.)

DEC 5, 2022

Michelle Bernstein-Schultz

michelle_bernstein-schultz.jpg

36-year-old Michelle Bernstein-Schultz was last heard from on June 29, 2022. Michelle’s sister, Daniella, told Dateline that at the time of her disappearance, Michelle had been living with her boyfriend in Phoenix, Arizona. According to Daniella, on June 29, Michelle had been texting a friend all day. The last message the friend received from her was around 4:03 p.m. Michelle’s mother, Patricia, told Dateline that the next day, she received a concerning text from Michelle’s boyfriend. He told her that Michelle had not been seen or heard from since June 29 and that he had reported her missing. According to Patricia, she then called Michelle’s boyfriend and he told her that earlier that day, Michelle told him that she wasn’t feeling well and didn’t want to be bothered. So when he got home later that night, he went to sleep on the couch. Patricia told Dateline he said when he got up the next morning, June 30, Michelle wasn’t in the bedroom. Patricia said that he told her all of Michelle’s belongings were left behind including her keys, phone, license, dog, and car. Dateline attempted to reach out to Michelle’s boyfriend for comment but was unsuccessful. In July, the Phoenix Police Department posted on Twitter that Michelle was “last seen on June 29th in the area of 40th St and Greenway Rd” in Phoenix. The police did not indicate whether they believe foul play is involved and no persons of interest have been named in Michelle’s disappearance. There have been no updates on Michelle’s case since. Michelle is 5’6", about 170 lbs., with short black hair. According to police, Michelle was last seen wearing a black face mask and gray sandals with fluorescent green accents. Anyone with information on Michelle's whereabouts is asked to contact the Phoenix Police Department at 602-534-2121.

JUN 28, 2023
Leads have been scarce in this case, but the reward to locate her is now $10,000 as loved ones plead for help.

[...]

"I believed that in a few days, the nightmare was gonna be over. There was going to be an explanation. As time went by, your mind begins to play a lot of tricks on you," Patricia said, Michelle’s mother.

"And we’re nowhere closer to answers. There’s no information at all, not one sighting, not one clue of anything, just nothing," Daniella Smith, Michelle’s sister, said.

[...]

She has been divorced twice and is a mother of two with a son from each marriage. She's an avid hiker and dog owner.

Michelle lived with her boyfriend in north Phoenix at The Tides in Paradise Valley near 40th Street and Greenway Road.

[...]

Smith says her sister was texting back and forth with a friend that June afternoon up until 4:03 p.m. Then, Michelle left her apartment and her personal belongings.

"I don’t know if she left behind but, in her apartment, as far as we know, were her identification, her passport, her keys, her everything, her phone. I’ve never seen Michelle leave the house without her phone and her identification," Daniella said.

[...]

Her boyfriend reported her missing the next day. Patricia found out through a text from him.

Patricia says when she spoke to the boyfriend later, he told her Michelle had not been feeling good and didn’t want to be bothered the day prior, so he slept on the couch when he came home that night only to find the bedroom empty the next morning.

Michelle’s family has never spoken to the man again.

FOX 10 called Michelle's then-boyfriend to get his side of the story, but once Investigator Justin Lum identified himself, he hung up. He also didn't reply to a text.

[...]

JUN 29, 2023
[...]

Michelle was 36 years old when she disappeared on Wednesday, June 29, 2022.

Her family learned she had worked from home that day and got off a little early because she wasn’t feeling well, Daniella Smith, Michelle’s only sister told 12News.

“I found a friend that she was texting with that entire day, back and forth,” Daniella said. “The friend said that the text exchange ended very abruptly, they were in a middle of a conversation, and she never replied.”

The last message Michelle sent the friend was at 4:03 p.m. That is the last time anyone heard from her again, the sister said.

[...]

Michelle’s mother said she asked the boyfriend if the pair had fought, and he said no. When she asked him what had happened, he said Michelle had texted him the day before and told him she wasn’t feeling well.

“That when he came home from work, she wanted him to spend the night in the living room and not to disturb her,” Yaloz said. “On the 30th, when he went to the bedroom, he realized that she hadn’t been there.”

[...]

When 12News reporter Adriana Loya tried to speak with Michelle's boyfriend about her disappearance, he hung up the call after she identified herself.

One year after Michelle was reported missing, police told 12News the case remains open. They did not answer questions if there were any suspects or persons of interest.

[...]

Still missing

NOV 3, 2023
NBC News - 10 YEARS OF MISSING IN AMERICA
[...]

... Michelle’s sister, Daniella, told Dateline that at the time of her disappearance, Michelle had been living with her boyfriend in Phoenix, Arizona. According to Daniella, on June 29, Michelle had been texting a friend all day. The last message the friend received from her was around 4:03 p.m.

Michelle’s mother, Patricia, told Dateline that the next day, she received a concerning text from Michelle’s boyfriend. He told her that Michelle had not been seen or heard from since June 29 and that he had reported her missing. According to Patricia, she then called Michelle’s boyfriend and he told her that earlier that day, Michelle told him that she wasn’t feeling well and didn’t want to be bothered, so when he got home later that night, he went to sleep on the couch. Patricia told Dateline he said when he got up the next morning, Michelle wasn’t in the bedroom. Patricia said that he told her all of Michelle’s belongings were left behind including her keys, phone, license, dog, and car. Dateline attempted to reach out to Michelle’s boyfriend for comment but was unsuccessful. In July of 2022, the Phoenix Police Department posted on Twitter that Michelle was “last seen on June 29th in the area of 40th St and Greenway Rd,”in Phoenix. The police did not indicate whether they believe foul play is involved and no persons of interest have been named in Michelle’s disappearance. There have been no new updates on Michelle’s case since. ...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thatcrimewriterchick
Back