AZ - Nick Cordova, 40, murder caught on surveillance video, Gilbert, May 27,2020

Gilbert Police Department

GPD 5/27/2020 Homicide Investigation:

The Gilbert Police Department is seeking the community’s assistance with identifying and locating one of two suspects in a homicide that occurred the afternoon of May 27, 2020.

Gilbert officers were dispatched to the business complex located on the 500 block of W. Guadalupe Road shortly before 5:30 P.M. for an unknown call for trouble. When officers arrived, they located 40-year-old Nicholas Cordova deceased inside the Gilbert Air, Heating and Cooling building.

The two suspects were last seen near Cooper and Guadalupe Roads. The suspect pictured below is described as a Hispanic or Native American male approximately 5’8”, with a heavy-set build.

Based on our investigation, we believe this is an isolated incident and are continuing to follow up on additional leads.
Please call the Gilbert Police Department at 480-503-6500 if you have any information pertaining to this case or call Silent Witness at 480-WIT-NESS.

Further information will be released when it becomes available.
May be an image of 1 person

https://www.facebook.com/GilbertPolice?__cft__[0]=AZWKwCJEGD-fUlbhhvIkEvPEU9-s25j_0a0uOkfTf3Y1HSWGhewJWCT4Xj9GqrhdPJM1jh9B3EkXhb5EnjQDaxWTORdsHaL3jQrT9iDXXBSTXoftcrSiSya-BKFzwtbq8wg&__tn__=<<,P-R

I agree. Hired hit.
They can tell what cell phones were in close proximity to him at the time of death. Down to the level of...who was in the building. Maybe they know who, but they just can’t find them?

Excellent point! And subsequently can't prove who hired the hit. I bet LE has a good idea who that person is, too.

I agree. Hired hit.
They can tell what cell phones were in close proximity to him at the time of death. Down to the level of...who was in the building. Maybe they know who, but they just can’t find them?
Not if you don't bring your phone or have it turned off.

Any hit man worth a bag of peanuts at most would have a track phone

Not if you don't bring your phone or have it turned off.

Any hit man worth a bag of peanuts at most would have a track phone

Well, I don't think we're talking about a trained assassin here. Haha! But there's a good chance whoever hired him was smart enough to tell him not to have his cellphone on him. He forgot to tell him not to go to a gas station and get caught on surveillance right after the murder though.

IMO, it all comes down to motive and very few people would have motive to kill him. He was a good man. I think it was fueled by greed and money, which narrows the suspect pool way down. That's how I think LE knows who most likely had him killed but can't prove it...yet.

Well, I don't think we're talking about a trained assassin here. Haha! But there's a good chance whoever hired him was smart enough to tell him not to have his cellphone on him. He forgot to tell him not to go to a gas station and get caught on surveillance right after the murder though.

IMO, it all comes down to motive and very few people would have motive to kill him. He was a good man. I think it was fueled by greed and money, which narrows the suspect pool way down. That's how I think LE knows who most likely had him killed but can't prove it...yet.
Who would benefit if Nick was dead? That would probably bring the suspect pool down to a number countable on one hand. Once you eliminate his spouse and a couple others, who's left? I know who I think it is ...

I wish a Podcaster of good repute would pick this case up and run with it. Like Your Own Backyard / Kristin Smart.

Then maybe local media would ramp back up as well. Apply a bit of pressure on LE, as it appears this has gone ice cold.

I wish a Podcaster of good repute would pick this case up and run with it. Like Your Own Backyard / Kristin Smart.

Then maybe local media would ramp back up as well. Apply a bit of pressure on LE, as it appears this has gone ice cold.

There’s just no rhyme or reason as to why some of these situations get so much interest and some just seem to drop. People will jump right on blaming the media with some good reason but if cases generate enough interest at the ground level and LE does their part, the media will usually sniff these cases (and potential rating$) out.

Bump.

I can’t forget this one. Wish there was something new. MOO
This seemed so solvable initally.

I keep asking myself, why would someone would go to a heating and air business to commit a murder? It wasn't a robbery, disgruntled customer/employee. More like a targeted hit, but Nick didn't have an enemy in the world - so why him?

Thanks for bumping!!

This seemed so solvable initally.

I keep asking myself, why would someone would go to a heating and air business to commit a murder? It wasn't a robbery, disgruntled customer/employee. More like a targeted hit, but Nick didn't have an enemy in the world - so why him?

Thanks for bumping!!
It kinda reminds me of the Chad Isaak case. Seemingly successful chiropractor breaks into a local property management company and brutally murders multiple people. No known connection. He ended up committing suicide in prison.

Both senseless cases. MOO

I agree. Hired hit.
I've been following the murder trials for Florida law professor Dan Markle, and what I've learned is there seems to be pockets of the US where it's fairly easy to hire a hit for cash. Miami-Dade County is one, and Maricopa County could very well be another. JMO

I've been following the murder trials for Florida law professor Dan Markle, and what I've learned is there seems to be pockets of the US where it's fairly easy to hire a hit for cash. Miami-Dade County is one, and Maricopa County could very well be another. JMO

I think that would be accurate. We are close enough to the border they could disappear without a trace very easily. That's the only thing I can figure out as to why no one identified the shooter from such a clear surveillance pic. I've done a deep dive on the business partner and his past. I'll just say that IMO this seems very obvious but that doesn't mean the person behind the hit didn't cover his tracks well. I feel sick for his wife and kids. I never hear anything about it locally so it seems to have gone cold.

We might ask: Who benefited financially from his death?
I've done a deep dive on the business partner and his past. I'll just say that IMO this seems very obvious but that doesn't mean the person behind the hit didn't cover his tracks well.

It's crazy they haven't named any POI especially considering one particular person close to the case has clear ties to another mysterious death.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz
Back