AZ AZ - Thomas Lee Robison, 58, missing with Welsh Corgi, may have attempted trip down Colorado River on homemade raft, Lees Ferry, 21 Apr 2024

ifindedout

Reaction score
Authorities are searching for a man and his dog after they went missing at the Grand Canyon National Park while possibly trying to travel the Colorado River on a homemade wooden raft.

Thomas Lee Robison, 58, of Santa Fe, New Mexico, "may have attempted to go down the Colorado River with his dog, who is a Welsh corgi, on a self made raft” the National Park Service said in a statement and in a missing person flyer Wednesday.

Missing-Person-Poster-Robison-508.jpg

Authorities are searching for a man and his dog after they went missing at the Grand Canyon National Park while possibly trying to travel the Colorado River on a homemade wooden raft.

Thomas Lee Robison, 58, of Santa Fe, New Mexico, "may have attempted to go down the Colorado River with his dog, who is a Welsh corgi, on a self made raft” the National Park Service said in a statement and in a missing person flyer Wednesday.

View attachment 499381
That raft looks….sketchy. Especially to be going down such a big river. With a dog. Does he have experience with these types of things? I don’t mean this as an insult - but I wonder how his mental state was?

I feel the most for the poor dog in this situation but he has to be either distraught or not in a clear mind to attempt such a thing. That "raft" isn't going to get him far in calm waters, let alone down the Colorado River in the Grand Canyon, in my opinion. He's from Sante Fe - a check of the court system shows he has a pending Notice of Hearing on a Motion for Summary Judgement in Sante Fe District Court set for May 14, 2024. Monies due a lending institution. That particular Credit Union is a large mortgage lender, as well as an approved HUD lender. I wonder if he was facing losing his home?

I feel the most for the poor dog in this situation but he has to be either distraught or not in a clear mind to attempt such a thing. That "raft" isn't going to get him far in calm waters, let alone down the Colorado River in the Grand Canyon, in my opinion. He's from Sante Fe - a check of the court system shows he has a pending Notice of Hearing on a Motion for Summary Judgement in Sante Fe District Court set for May 14, 2024. Monies due a lending institution. That particular Credit Union is a large mortgage lender, as well as an approved HUD lender. I wonder if he was facing losing his home?
My first thought after the "omg who takes a corgi on a raft in the white waters of the Colorado River....?" was I wonder if this is by chance some sort of ruse. Just IMO...I mean no disrespect to the reality of this situation, which we of course do not know. Great find here GraceG.

My first thought after the "omg who takes a corgi on a raft in the white waters of the Colorado River....?" was I wonder if this is by chance some sort of ruse. Just IMO...I mean no disrespect to the reality of this situation, which we of course do not know. Great find here GraceG.
I'd be onboard with you if we didn't have a photo of a highly decorated raft and life jacket and Thomas didn't have a recent court case/possible eviction. To me it seems like he could be in a desperate spot and could have chosen to do this maybe not caring if he lived to tell the story. Just my speculation.

I'd be onboard with you if we didn't have a photo of a highly decorated raft and life jacket and Thomas didn't have a recent court case/possible eviction. To me it seems like he could be in a desperate spot and could have chosen to do this maybe not caring if he lived to tell the story. Just my speculation.
That is very likely. Some investigation into his sm reveals Thomas enjoys biking, particularly ebikes. Thomas also has some recent history with homeless camps and investigating them (from the standpoint of curiosity), including one in Durango CO. IMO, Thomas seems to have a grounded view of being homeless/houseless. There are indications that he is curious about this lifestyle and may have experienced it based on some of the information he shares. IMO it is possible that he chose to find a camp somewhere, perhaps even the camp in Durango he previously was investigating. It is of course also possible he went on a dangerous ride in the river as well. There is some history of him rafting the GC. Thinking of him and his dog......

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Happyhen
Back