Baez' Statement Regarding DP News

Based on the evidence thus far the DP is only going to swing an impartial jury towards NG.

The jury is not going to want to execute based on cuircumstanital evidence only and, let's face the facts, that is all there really is to date.

The circumstances in this case are ovewhelming in that all of them point to KC as the murderer. Her actions are to blame, she was lazy in her effort to cover up this crime.

The jury will not ignore her lies, the car, her demeanor after the fact, her lies, her parents lies, the motive, the absolute opportunity and the incredible means she had to commit this crime.

Her lack of sadness - "Mom, I don't f*cking know where she is at!" momments after her arrest.

Instead of "mom I am afraid and I need to find her too"

You combine the circumstances with what evidence they have and I believe they have more than what we have been shown and you got yourself one young lady that deserves to die. IMHO

I agree. Casey didn't even want to attend the hearings. I don't believe she'll be too happy sitting in a trial facing the allegations. She doesn't seem to be the type of person that's willing to face up to anything. I think that's how she has evidently managed to get away with everything thus far. Just my opinion, but I think Baez will talk her out of any type of plea deal in order for HIM to have his fame and glory. This is his big chance to be famous and I think he'll do everything he can to hold on to it.

I cna't wait for her to see TL sitting on the stand as a prosecution witness. I just can't wait for this girl to be faced with everything she has done. I feel like she is going to freak out in the court room. Maybe even faint. Prepare for a crazy trial with even outburst from Cindy.

No, Linda Kenny Baden is not working pro bono. I heard her say on tv that she is being paid.

thats what I was saying...I was using the initials lkb....:waitasec:--I know she isn't pro-bono....

It wouldn't surprise me in the least to find out that she had. She comes off as so cold and calculating. JB probably wishes now that he hadn't made the "serial killer" comment. It actually leaves itself open for interpretation.

From another poster on another site... "How do we know she hasn't killed before? Where's Zanny the Nanny, Zachary & Caylee's Dad?" It was said in jest, but maybe C & G should go in their new boat and go search for those three. Interesting concept, ...don't ya think?

You must be joking............there are hundreds of people on death row waiting on that electric chair or injection based on circumstantial evidence. Many times that is the strongest evidence. One right off the top of my head is Scott Peterson.
I believe LE has SO MUCH in this case, that the DP will be almost automatic for this perp.

My bold- I agree.

David Westerfield (murderer of Danielle Van Dam) comes to my mind. I think most, if not all, of the physical evidence presented at his trial was circumstantial.
The sheer volume of it and that it all pointed to Westerfield and no one else...not to mention the horrific picture it painted...imo was more than enough to put him on death row.

So by saying she isn't a serial killer - he's leaving open the possibility that she is...a killer...? This guy needs to shut his trap! He hurts his client further with ever word that escapes his lips - he and KC deserve eachother...

I'm stunned every time JB opens his mouth. I cannot believe he is a lawyer. He should have said she is not a murderer. But then again maybe he's trying to be truthful, she's not a serial killer but she killed Caylee. IMO

Either way, they both deserve each other. He doesn't give a rats patooty about her. He'll walk her to the needle for the publicity with that dough boy grin. Casey has finally met her match. A better user than she is and she doesn't even know it.

More from Baez:

Death Penalty For Women Rare In Fla.
Baez: Casey's Not A Serial Killer

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/19174406/detail.html

"Very few women are put to death in Florida," defense attorney Jose Baez said. "She's not a serial killer."

Ummm... thanks for that, Jose. :rolleyes:

Okay, who said KC was a serial killer??!!??[/QUOTE]

Guess he's comparing her to Eileen Wuornos... As if that would make Casey seem like a girl scout :rolleyes:

Amazing that Baez never publicly addresses the existence of any nanny. The whole thing would go away if he could prove there was a nanny - but he can't.

He can't produce the nanny, her two sisters, her mother, JHopkins or JLewis either. You might can conceive of one person disappearing, but not the whole lot of them.

Magnetic Force?
Gravitational Force?

Defense Strategy "Blame The Forces!"

Only force that is out to get her is forces of right and justice for Caylee and the other side including PIs, attys, and the Anthonys are dark forces of evil.

RE: David Westerfield trial. First of all, physical evidence is not circumstantial.
That being said, Danielle Van Dam's blood was found in the sink of his RV and her handprint was found in the bedroom of the RV. That is NOT circumstantial evidence - that is physical evidence.

In the Caylee Anthony case, the bedding found with the body and the duct tape found on the skeletal remains is physical evidence.

At this point, we do not know if LE has made a link between Casey and the physcial evidence gathered at the site of the body recovery. There is an aritcle in this week's Enquirer that states LE has evidence matching Casey's shoes and boots found in her car to the scene of the body recovery. There has been no lab testing on these items released thus far.

There have been PLENTY of convictions for first degree murder based on nothing but circumstantial evidence, and far more based on a combination of circumstantial and physical evidence that ties the accused into murder scene or to the body.

Hate to use the phrase, but the Enquirer is reporting Casey's conviction will be a "slam dunk" for prosecution based on so-far unreleased evidence.

ITA! I believe that JB is just stringing KC along, making her think everything is going to be okay and that he can get her aquitted. And, I believe that she believes him! After all, she has been lying to everyone for years and getting away with it, or so she thinks. So many people have acknowledged that they knew she lied, and they either stopped associating with her or just blew it off. I, too, think that she should have to sit there and look at photo after photo of the crime scene, the evidence, and the remains. I hope she has to sit there and look at a picture of her little girl's decomposed remains with that duct tape over her mouth. And, I hope that the jury sees her sit there, as smug as ever, showing no emotion at all. She may try to fake it, but it will be obvious to anyone that has children, or a heart, what is a genuine emotion and what is faked for appearances.

Good posting .....i think its a case of the con conning the con!!! Will be interesting!

The circumstances in this case are ovewhelming in that all of them point to KC as the murderer. Her actions are to blame, she was lazy in her effort to cover up this crime.

The jury will not ignore her lies, the car, her demeanor after the fact, her lies, her parents lies, the motive, the absolute opportunity and the incredible means she had to commit this crime.

Her lack of sadness - "Mom, I don't f*cking know where she is at!" momments after her arrest.

Instead of "mom I am afraid and I need to find her too"

You combine the circumstances with what evidence they have and I believe they have more than what we have been shown and you got yourself one young lady that deserves to die. IMHO

Or how about the "They only care about getting Caylee back!" remark right after her arrest when she only cared about talking to TL? Or telling her friend that was breaking down in tears over Caylee that "Omg! Calling you guys: a waste! Huge waste!"? I really hope the jurors get to hear the 911 operator asking KC, "Why didn't you call 31 days ago? Why are you just calling now?" That kinda sums it all up!

I wonder how much reassuring Jose had to do with his "client" after she received those Intent to seek DP papers ? Casey, wise up, your lawyer is going home at the end of the day...you are not !

With any luck when this is all over she'll be going home for good, instead of that mansion in the sky, she'll return to whatever he!! hole she crawled out of the first time she thought about murdering her baby.

I cna't wait for her to see TL sitting on the stand as a prosecution witness. I just can't wait for this girl to be faced with everything she has done. I feel like she is going to freak out in the court room. Maybe even faint. Prepare for a crazy trial with even outburst from Cindy.

Maybe they all will end up in the slammer for a slumber party....

From another poster on another site... "How do we know she hasn't killed before? Where's Zanny the Nanny, Zachary & Caylee's Dad?" It was said in jest, but maybe C & G should go in their new boat and go search for those three. Interesting concept, ...don't ya think?

Lol! Thanks! I needed a good laugh! But, seriously, how do we know that she hasn't done something in the past? It would seem to me, and this is just my opinion, that if you were going to take another human's life, the first time would be the hardest. I can't imagine any mother who would or could take the life of their own child, (though I know it happens all the time, I'm just saying I can't see how a mother could do it) but if you were going to do kill again, the second, third, etc., would be easier. KWIM?

RE: David Westerfield trial. First of all, physical evidence is not circumstantial.
That being said, Danielle Van Dam's blood was found in the sink of his RV and her handprint was found in the bedroom of the RV. That is NOT circumstantial evidence - that is physical evidence.

In the Caylee Anthony case, the bedding found with the body and the duct tape found on the skeletal remains is physical evidence.

At this point, we do not know if LE has made a link between Casey and the physcial evidence gathered at the site of the body recovery. There is an aritcle in this week's Enquirer that states LE has evidence matching Casey's shoes and boots found in her car to the scene of the body recovery. There has been no lab testing on these items released thus far.

There have been PLENTY of convictions for first degree murder based on nothing but circumstantial evidence, and far more based on a combination of circumstantial and physical evidence that ties the accused into murder scene or to the body.

Hate to use the phrase, but the Enquirer is reporting Casey's conviction will be a "slam dunk" for prosecution based on so-far unreleased evidence.

My bold-

I worded that part of my post wrong and stand corrected. :blowkiss:

ETA: Well, I took your word for it that I worded it wrong... : ) However, out of my own curiosity I did some checking- apparently physical evidence is considered cirumstantial.

Circumstantial Evidence: "All evidence except eyewitness testimony. One example is physical evidence, such as fingerprints, from which an inference can be drawn."

http://199.241.8.125/index.cfm?FuseAction=LegalInterests.LegalTerms&Prefix=C

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circumstantial_evidence

I for one, am counting on just that taking place! :D

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anicechicken
Back