Bahamas - Lindsay Shiver, 36, mom from GA, lover and hitman all charged in Nassau plot to kill husband, 28 July 2023

Robert testified by Zoom. I'm quite sure I don't understand Bahamian law.

Appearing by Zoom is certainly not unusual. It is the one good thing that came from the pandemic, the almost universal acceptance of video appearance for many hearings. Now, at trial or full blown evidentiary hearings, in person attendance will be necessary.
As for the release/bond, I'm not sure what to think of that. I hear the comments saying that this is crazy, and I understand their points. But first, this is The Bahamas, not the US. But I also wonder if the prosecutors aren't being very clever here. It is a risk, but might be worth it. Just giving her rope to hang herself. I don't think Robert is in danger now. He is alerted, she is under a microscope. will she flee? Where? She will get caught and she will never see her kids again. I wonder if they are hoping she communicates with her co-defendants in some way.
On another note, she has put on some weight in last 6 months for sure.

He's the *alleged* victim and they are, in essence, releasing her pending trial
Do yu have any idea how that works, as in, how since the Bahamas have no jurisdiction in the U.S., how LS is going to be monitored to assure she abides by and doesn’t violate the terms of her bond?
Did they arrange with local law enforcement to oversee it? TIA

Per Court TV, she is to stay with her parents in Alabama. She is only allowed in Georgia for custody and divorce proceedings. Did not hear any mention of restrictions on seeing her boys, but I would suspect that is for the GA courts to decide?
I prefer she not come here to Thomasville where the media will likely follow, let us enjoy a peaceful and quiet Christmas without her nonsense. Hopefully, Georgia decides wisely to block her travels and that our Alabama neighbors keep her within their state boundaries.

Appearing by Zoom is certainly not unusual. It is the one good thing that came from the pandemic, the almost universal acceptance of video appearance for many hearings. Now, at trial or full blown evidentiary hearings, in person attendance will be necessary.
As for the release/bond, I'm not sure what to think of that. I hear the comments saying that this is crazy, and I understand their points. But first, this is The Bahamas, not the US. But I also wonder if the prosecutors aren't being very clever here. It is a risk, but might be worth it. Just giving her rope to hang herself. I don't think Robert is in danger now. He is alerted, she is under a microscope. will she flee? Where? She will get caught and she will never see her kids again. I wonder if they are hoping she communicates with her co-defendants in some way.
On another note, she has put on some weight in last 6 months for sure.
My apologies for both the sentences were two separate thoughts written poorly. I watched hearings in the Morphew Murder in CO via Zoom. I possess no qualms with Zoom being utilized by our court systems.

What I don't understand is allowing the accused to return to her home country after being charged with serious crimes. I totally agree with ankle monitoring opposed to imprisonment until proven guilty.

Perhaps it is a sign that the Crown has a weak case that she's allowed such freedoms. Otherwise, I suppose she'll get her affairs in order as she prepares for trial next year. If there are visits with children, we don't need to see them happen.
He's the *alleged* victim and they are, in essence, releasing her pending trial
That she's been released back to the great state of Alabama is puzzling especially since the victim informed the Queen's Court that he continued to fear for his safety yet they've released her in spite of his anguish and suffering. Would that happen if the roles were reversed and the accused was a male and the victim was the wife?

I wonder if the Bahamian Justice Dept charges her fees while she's on ankle monitoring to offset the cost. Lindsay must return to the Bahamas before her pretrial court hearing on Feb. 21. Her trial is set to begin in March.

HOMASVILLE, Ga. (Court TV) — Lindsay Shiver has filed a motion in Georgia claiming that her estranged husband, Robert, whom she is accused of masterminding a plot to kill, is withholding their children.

Lindsay shiver is seen smiling in the Bahamas

Lindsay Shiver is seen smiling outside of a courthouse in the Bahamas on Dec. 21, 2023. (Court TV)
Lindsay is currently facing charges for the alleged murder-for-hire plot in the Bahamas, but a judge there allowed her to travel to the United States over the holidays to see her young children, whom she shares with Robert.

Lindsay’s attorneys filed a motion on Jan. 3 claiming that despite traveling to the U.S., her husband has not allowed her to see the children despite previously offering terms under which she could do so.

HOMASVILLE, Ga. (Court TV) — Lindsay Shiver has filed a motion in Georgia claiming that her estranged husband, Robert, whom she is accused of masterminding a plot to kill, is withholding their children.

Lindsay Shiver is seen smiling outside of a courthouse in the Bahamas on Dec. 21, 2023. (Court TV)
Lindsay is currently facing charges for the alleged murder-for-hire plot in the Bahamas, but a judge there allowed her to travel to the United States over the holidays to see her young children, whom she shares with Robert.

Lindsay’s attorneys filed a motion on Jan. 3 claiming that despite traveling to the U.S., her husband has not allowed her to see the children despite previously offering terms under which she could do so.
Do they have a temporary visitation order from the divorce court?

Maybe he's afraid for their safety ?
What if she doesn't want the kids anymore ?
Omo.

If a judge allows visitation I would hope it’s supervised visitation.
Divorce/domestic cases are all over the board and very dynamic. Given the facts of this case (as we know them so far) I would agree with you. That supervision should be supervised, at least at first. I don't think she is a threat to harm the kids, but she is a huge flight risk and her taking the kids would be a big concern to the Court. If there is no actually custody/visitation order in place yet, If I am Dad, I hold firm. Allow calls and video chats freely. But by all means make the Court establish all the ground rules for visits.

I don’t think he is “required” to allow visitation without a temporary order from the divorce court. I wouldn’t allow myself to be forced in to visitation either given the totality of the circumstances - even prior to his finding out about the murder for hire. She is only concerned about herself and her affairs - not the interests of the children.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daydreamin
Back